PDA

View Full Version : Armorer????

Kurby494
06-07-07, 05:33 AM
Ok so I have some time until i DEP in and some weight to drop too but I've still been looking into possible MOS's.

My first choice would be to go combat correspondent. But I've also thought about going legal or even MP. However latley a new field has caught my eye.

First let me start with saying I just want to be a Marine and whatever MOS i get is fine with me as long as I'm doing my part. That being said I would really like to do a job that directly helps the grunts on the front line.

I've been looking into 2111 Small arms repair because i think that would be interesting and also a cruical job for the Corps.

My questions are...

1. Is it difficult to get this MOS? (Doe's it fill up fast,are there any pre-req's, etc.)

And

2. Would an armorer be on the field with his unit or would he/she be in the rear waiting for weapons to fix?

Just curious aboout this particular field.

thanx in advance.

BR34
06-09-07, 08:36 AM
Not sure about how hard is it to get the MOS but you could be anywhere. Hell, you might find yourself issuing M16s to recruits at Parris Island or floating on a ship in the Med. Sea. (or anywhere in between)

MKinney
06-09-07, 09:24 AM
Ahhh 2111's. You'd be in Aberdeen proving ground Maryland. An Army ordnance base. Probably in Platoon 2 (3 total platoons that go there). It's a very short school, I think it was 2 months long. It's easy to get into, and as for where you'd be. Some go into the field and some stay at the armory and fix/clean/issue weapons out.

I'm an 1161 by the way, I also went to Aberdeen. If you do get that MOS, and have any questions and I can answer them for you.

ggyoung
06-09-07, 10:53 AM
Marine Armorer. If you shoot a high score on the rifle range and have the 2111 mos you could end up on a rifle team. In my way of thinking this would be the best mos to have. I sometimes think that I should have ask for this school when I shiped over. If you like guns this could lead to a great carear in life.

knightrider1944
06-09-07, 11:27 AM
I Had an MOS of 2111, I got that jusst before we left for OKn and then Vietnam, I stayed back at Battalion, But went out in the field sometimes also. I was not sent to school for it. Good luck.

Kurby494
06-11-07, 02:38 PM
I apreciate the answers Devil Dogs. I'm really starting to lean towards this MOS, I'll just have to bring this up to my recruiter next time i talk with him. Tahnks again!