PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of Cpl. Adam Kokesh

SSgt Blue
06-06-07, 11:38 AM
I wanted to know what everyone is thinking about Cpl. Kokesh. I know there is a lot of controversy about this and what people think. There is something else that I want to throw out there for every one that is one the fence about him. I have had the opportunity to know him personally and let me assure you he is not you roger that sir kind of Marine. He is a leader and a great example of today’s Marines. He is very intelligent and educated. He will ask the question that most will not, He never settled of second best ever. As a Sgt. Who is currently with 3<SUP>rd</SUP> Civil Affairs out of Camp Pen,<ST1:p</ST1:p if I needed help or needed advice, he is who I asked. I am ashamed that the Marine Corps is even wasting there F^&*$%^ time with this. Sound Off and tell me if I’m wrong.

:devious:

10thzodiac
06-06-07, 11:42 AM
Smedley says he should of read his book before joining, me too.

bootlace15
06-06-07, 11:53 AM
if he were a betting man,seems to me he lost the bet..............

bootlace15 out

Sgt Leprechaun
06-06-07, 12:24 PM
I think you are wrong. I wouldn't want him leading my Marines. <br />
<br />
He wants to play politics, fine. Take off the uniform when you protest. <br />
<br />
Otherwise, to me, that negates anything he may have...

yellowwing
06-06-07, 12:44 PM
Well he's definitely the balls of a Marine to get arrested protesting at Nancy Pelosi's office (http://www.ivaw.org/node/763). :thumbup:

Sgt Leprechaun
06-06-07, 01:13 PM
While I disagree with his reasoning for protesting, in 'that' particular outfit, he doesn't violate any rules etc.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-06-07, 01:15 PM
Btw, check out the various 'members' of the protest group. Interesting that some of them still appear to be on active duty. Further interesting, to me, anyway, are the couple of 'CO''s listed who served multiple YEARS on active duty before discovering they were 'CO's. One of em did 8 total years and then found out!

Hmmm.....

SSgt Blue
06-06-07, 01:22 PM
I’m just having a hard time to seeing what the Marine Corps is charging him with. From all the pictures that I have seen, the only thing that has an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on it was the bonnie...

Sgt Leprechaun
06-06-07, 01:32 PM
Not sure. However, I did check out the website for his outfit. I see plenty of people on there, who have NOT been charged, who are in uniform and clearly supporting this outfit. <br />
<br />
Did he...

LCPLE3
06-06-07, 01:46 PM
I feel that he has earned the right to protest this war.But he should have waited until his IRR time was over.As I stated on another thread,this case is all about telling a Major to go fark himself!Not about wearing the uniform.

ggyoung
06-06-07, 04:26 PM
#1 ---=======-----Do not degrade our uniform for anything. TMLep. Just before I got to Camp LaJune in 1966 a Marine was separated from the Corp after 4 years. When he went out the main gate he dumped out his seabag and burned everything on the road. The MP's jumped on his butt and held him there at the main gate. Anyway he spent 6 more months in the brig. Why? They let you go 1 day early. He was still on active duty.

hrscowboy
06-06-07, 04:38 PM
First of all Gentlemen Where does it say that Marines have the right to say anything or do anything to discredit the United States Marine Corps? It dont matter if he's no longer on active duty he...

maverickmarine
06-06-07, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I knew several Marines that weren't aware that the Corps still has you for 24 hours following getting your DD214. They found out real quick though after various screw ups and spending some additional time with us for them.

Seeley
06-06-07, 05:21 PM
That ****ing ***** Jason Lemiux was in my company...He is a disgrace.

DROD
06-06-07, 07:53 PM
I personally think he is a disgrace to the Corps!

ivalis
06-06-07, 07:59 PM
When Bush was campaigning for office in LaCrosse Wi. a number of troops, in uniform, were bussed in from Camp McCoy. These troops attended a &quot;political event&quot; in uniform. None of these troops were...

greensideout
06-06-07, 08:05 PM
Well---not really on the &quot;1 day early&quot; thing. Most think that but the truth is this---If you joined on the 1st day of June for example, you would be discharged on the 31st day of May. Why? Because if...

greensideout
06-06-07, 08:16 PM
Makes ya wonder, doesn't it.

SGTBrentG
06-06-07, 08:26 PM
There is a difference between authorized and unauthorized. And a big difference in events. He wore his uniform to a war protest. He is a loser and a disgrace.

yellowwing
06-06-07, 08:35 PM
There is no moral difference on his part if he called a formation for reelection purposes. A Colonel cannot call the troops and deliver political speeches.

10thzodiac
06-06-07, 08:57 PM
I posed a similar question when I was a union steward at a company/union grievance meeting: <br />
<br />
The company can fire employees for failing to work, but will the company fire supervisors when they do...

SGTBrentG
06-06-07, 09:03 PM
Good point. But it also proves the point that he should not have been wearing his uniform at a war protest. What is the difference in him doing so and these "recording artists" buying dress blues and wearing them at the MTV awards or claiming to be Marines that we all detest on this board? He may have earned the right to wear the uniform, but he also knew the difference between authorized and unauthorized wearing of the uniform. If a Colonel can't do it a Corporal certainly can't do it.

rvillac2
06-06-07, 10:55 PM
Also, I note with interest that in his profile on the website, he ranks himself as "Sergeant". I've only seen him listed as a Cpl everywhere else. This was prior to this whole thing....so did he get busted once before...or what?

It was reported in the news that he was busted to Cpl afer trying to bring a pistol home from Iraq. Sgt. Blue, you know anything about that?

Sgt D
06-07-07, 06:11 AM
Marines complain. If they don't they need to go to sick bay. But any Marine worth his EGA knows when not to open your mouth and make an a$$ of yourself, your brothers and sisters, your Corps, or your Country. I think it's Bull$hit. He should shut his mouth unless he wants to be a politician.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-07-07, 07:08 AM
Now, getting busted for bringing a war souv. home...THAT is something to protest about! LOL. Stupid policy anyway.

SgtD.....maybe he DOES want to be a politician!

Lastly, troops in uniform at a speech given by a politician is different than protesting while in uniform. How? Simple. The military falls under civilian leadership. That leadership can ORDER the military to be at a certain place and time.

And, since we are on THAT particular topic, when I was stationed in DC, we were regularly DRAFTED to attend various Clinton events. HQMC learned that if a call for volunteers was put out, they'd get no one. They ended up having to make a duty roster of "on call" Marines, who were REQUIRED to show up, in the appropriate uniform, for various things Clinton & Co wanted to do.

So, that knife cuts both ways. I was ordered to attend various events. I did what I had to do, without disrespecting the uniform.

Oddly enough, when Bush was elected, HQMC discovered that it no longer had to put out duty rosters, and instead began turning Marines away from volunteering to attend events.

sgtofrifleman
06-07-07, 08:25 AM
He is a disgrace to the United State Marine Corps, and should be hammered for his actions.

killerinstinct
06-07-07, 08:55 AM
well im sure his intention was a good one but the one mistake is a uniform you are representing the Corps and if he was in civies he would have been representing himself;if that makes sense.

I just see he may or may not have worn his uniform to get a larger voice in what he was protesting and he took a risk and the big weenie found him when he thought he was free

hrscowboy
06-07-07, 08:56 AM
His Momma and Daddy should be thrashed too for having such a piece of crap..

hrscowboy
06-07-07, 09:00 AM
Show me anywhere that any Marine can attend anti-war rallys with or without uniforms and the government will accept that....

OLE SARG
06-07-07, 09:24 AM
The SOB is getting what he deserved!!!!!! AND if he is stupid enough to continue whining like a spoiled pup, hopefully he'll get something else heaped on that.
Hanging around with lefties is a serious offense!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

killerinstinct
06-07-07, 09:29 AM
im not saying it does you arent allowed to even make any statements as you are Marine 24/7.

I dont agree with what he did personally i have the mentality that we dont choose the wars just fight them and will always have that mentality

jetdawgg
06-07-07, 09:56 AM
He is showing how patriotic he is to the USA. His love for our nation is strong. Marines are now displaying the leadership that the USA has lacked for sometime now.

Webb, Murtha, Kokesh, 10Z, etc. are changing the image of the 'dumb Marine'.

While at Fleet Week NYC a few weeks back most of the Marines that I spoke with were on point about the war. Most had been to Iraq.

As Marines we all understand our duty to the nation and to the Corps. We also should understand and display our honest feelings about our patriotism to the USA. To often this admin has wanted the citizens of this nation to display a loyalty to the administration itself:flag: :usmc:

SSgt Blue
06-07-07, 12:53 PM
Rvillac2, Stand buy on that one I'll get back to you and find out what happend. I'm not going to post some BS because I don't know at this time.

killerinstinct
06-07-07, 02:49 PM
well i read a bit more about this and i guess it means whiile still in the IRR you dont send a general a hateful email cuz learn everyone they you arent out of reach.

Personally im glad i did 8 years now.. LOL

USMC-FO
06-07-07, 03:17 PM
Personally, I would have preferred he not have worn the digital cammies he and the others had on when they ran their little simulated patrol in NYC. But I also feel that Corps reaction was a bit...

jetdawgg
06-07-07, 03:21 PM
Just another example of the jingoists here in the USA pushing their agenda.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-07-07, 10:49 PM
Oh, freakin please. The &quot;Jingoists&quot;. I need to get a bumper sticker made with that on it. &quot;Jingoist and PROUD&quot;! LOL. <br />
<br />
FO, there were plenty of cases brought against those who protested in...

yellowwing
06-08-07, 12:30 AM
Him swearing at a Field Grade Officer was a bone head move. I personally don't know any Marine that would do that no matter how long they've been out.

jetdawgg
06-08-07, 08:58 AM
The war has divided the nation. People on both sides are irrational. When Marines become that way, it is severe.

The damage that this adminnistration has done will take a long time to heal.:usmc:

ivalis
06-09-07, 06:14 AM
leprechan, there certainly was a IIR in the 60s, it was a 6 year commitment unlike the current 8 year.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-11-07, 05:55 AM
I stand corrected then. I didn't realize it was in existence that early. Interesting!

ivalis
06-11-07, 02:36 PM
what's more interesting in 1972 or 73 a bunch of my buds got orders to show up at Ft McCoy Wisconsin. These guys had previously been drafted and had served their 2 years (still technically in the IRR).

Most of em told the army to blow it out their ass. They figured if they (the army)needed the bodies they should either draft more chumps or call up the active reserves (Dan Quale brigade).

Nothing happened to the no-shows.

sdk87to91
06-11-07, 05:29 PM
Long before my IRR was over, I wore out my fatigues hunting and such; but I would never use them as a costume for a political stunt.

I bet he's planning on the attention for a future like Sheehan. I hope he likes it.

10thzodiac
06-11-07, 06:49 PM
leprechan, there certainly was a IIR in the 60s, it was a 6 year commitment unlike the current 8 year.

The old Corps 6 years, 3-4 Active 2-3 inactive

I do believe the weekend warriors was eight years though...

Sgt Leprechaun
06-11-07, 07:10 PM
Yeah, my first enlistment (which wasn't 'Old Corps' to some of you here LOL) was 4 AD and 2 IRR. Since I reenlisted, it didn't apply. I really didn't think that the IRR was in effect in the 60's, so thanks to all for educatin me on that!

greensideout
06-11-07, 09:28 PM
It was a six year obligation for all, regular and reserve till it was changed to 8 years for all.

kato811
06-11-07, 09:32 PM
i think he is going to regret running his mouth when there done with him

10thzodiac
06-11-07, 10:18 PM
GSO, unless my recruiter was lying to me or I'm loosing it, I remembered it was eight years for Marine reservist, not six 1960. <br />
<br />
So far I've only found this (Naval Service): <br />
<br />
Fred Bradley ...

greensideout
06-11-07, 10:28 PM
You may be right but I have never heard of an 8 year obligation for the reserves, (back then). If so, I am surprised that I didn't run across it or learn about it as a recruiter.

10thzodiac
06-11-07, 10:52 PM
You may be right but I have never heard of an 8 year obligation for the reserves, (back then). If so, I am surprised that I didn't run across it or learn about it as a recruiter.

I believe I remember being told the 8 year reserve option. Six months active then active reserve then inactive reserve.

I joined with a high school friend and he was told that he'd only have to do three years active because he was a HS Grad unlike me who would have to do four years active.

They did promise him aviation if he joined for four years. He decided to take his chances with three. He humped a flamethrower three years in Pendleton.

I was a cannon cocker at first, but got into trouble telling corporals to go get fuked. They couldn't bust me because I was a private so they put me in comm rather than the brig. My con and pro marks out of ITR looked liked I'd been court-marshaled. I was not a happy camper http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/12.gif

Ironically, two years from day one, I was promoted to corporal for being in the top of my NCO school class with a grade point average higher than any S/NCO class average.