President Reagan’s NSA chief speaks out <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Retired general asks, What’s wrong with cutting and running? <br />
By Corey Pein <br />
<br />
Some would have you believe that only terrorists and San Francisco...

huey guns
05-30-07, 11:09 PM
10z, cut and paste again?

Sgt Leprechaun
05-31-07, 12:29 AM
Come on, Z. At least cut and paste something more current. This dates from Feb!

I respect General Odom, but he's been out of the loop for exactly HOW long now???

He has insight into the NSA that is worthwhile WHEN HE WAS THERE. Heck, that was prior to Algore even inventing the internet!

This is the equivlant of me speaking on current intelligence matters because 6 years ago I held a TS clearance. Does that give me some 'insight' to certain things? Sure. But, I sure wouldn't assume I know what is going on within any agency today. I can give some ideas, but they aren't current, that's for sure.

Therefore, while I give him credit for his service, I'll take his opinions with a grain of salt.

grizzly
05-31-07, 01:17 AM
I have a problem with these panty waisted liberal types who want to bail,I dont condone everything G.W. Bush is doing,but people wanted a president who talked tough and acted like he had the tetosterone producing devices necessary to get the job done.But when push came to shove everyone balked when he showed he had big cajones.They say wait till we find a smoking gun,UH...Excuse me,but when the gun is smoking,it means that it has already been fired.DUUUUHHHH...Who wants to die 1st to make the point needlessly.I say we get the bastards,before they get us,and they are coming folks dont be naive about it.People like Kerry and Murtha a former Marine(I'm so embarrassed),Hilary,etc.... are treasonous to the American priciple.They may not legally fit the legal definition of treason,but they run their mouths,hold secret meetings with the enemy(Pelosi),they are threatening our security.They are traitors in action and speech,Al-Qaidha thanks you for your support

ggyoung
05-31-07, 10:34 AM
Now that is a U.S. army general for you. Show me a active Marine general on down to a pvt. that says the same thing.

redneck13
05-31-07, 05:12 PM
:mad: :evilgrin: What does he know? He sounds like one of them "right wing liberal IDIOT'S." I'm not especially for the war, yet, if we don't squelch these radical idiot's, like in Iran, Lebanon, Syria, and wherever else?, we're goin' to be lookin' at "ALL HELL BREAKING LOOSE ALL OVER THE WORLD." Does he have intelligence information that Our President doesn't have, didn't have? Where was his idiotic theories and flat B.S. when 9-11 happened? I despise any former outdated right wing liberal, who spouts off at the mouth to make some people furious. I'm a "HARD CORE REDNECK", and he ain't one of my people, I can tell you that!! Makes me sick. Now carry on you worm destined maggot's...

10thzodiac
05-31-07, 08:31 PM
Does anyone remember LBJ talking about, "If we don't stop the Viet Cong over there, we will be fighting them on the beaches of San Diego."

How can 210 million people be so stupid?

10thz

OLE SARG
05-31-07, 08:43 PM
Better make that 210,000,001 10th. HE HE

Check the records, the demos have always had the "cut and run" mentality!!!!!! Look at fatass swimmer kennedy, as he "cuts and runs" leaving a beautiful girl to drown AND nothing happens to the piece of ****e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at ms kerry, "cuts and runs" (well he did shoot a wounded running VC in the back - typical for this type of inhumanity) after three whole months in Vietnam - now there is a pseudo-heroic bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

10thzodiac
05-31-07, 09:04 PM
Now that is a U.S. army general for you. Show me a active Marine general on down to a pvt. that says the same thing.

Really, Sarge, and just how long do you think they will be active if they speak out against the Iraq war ? Didn't anybody ever tell you that's why they retired, to speak out ?

Here is a couple (recent For Sgt. Lep) USMC Generals that retired to disagree with the IRAQ WAR.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5c/Anthony_Zinni%2C_official_military_photo_portrait. jpg/200px-Anthony_Zinni%2C_official_military_photo_portrait. jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Anthony_Zinni%2C_official_military_photo_por trait.jpg)

General Anthony C. "The Godfather" Zinni

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1d/Joseph_Hoar_official_military_photo.jpg/180px-Joseph_Hoar_official_military_photo.jpg (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Joseph_Hoar_official_military_photo.jpg)

General Joseph P. Hoar

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bf/Sheehan_JohnJ_USMC.jpg/200px-Sheehan_JohnJ_USMC.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sheehan_JohnJ_USMC.jpg)

General John J. "Jack" Sheehan

huey guns
06-01-07, 11:01 PM
10z, you sound more like a closet CO,than a jarhead. Too bad, I thought you were one of us.

ivalis
06-02-07, 06:21 AM
Reagan "cut & run" after the Beruit bombing.

Do i smell a double standard?

10thzodiac
06-02-07, 09:48 AM
10z, you sound more like a closet CO,than a jarhead. Too bad, I thought you were one of us.

No, militarily I just believe that we should only be willing to kill or be killed for two reasons:
1. Protecting our shore line [homes]

2. The Bill of Rights.

Everything else is: You are a fool ! If that makes me not one your self-proclaimed, "One of us" that is fine with me. http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

bigdog43701
06-02-07, 11:14 AM
it's all EL TORO PUU PUU, 10th

10thzodiac
06-02-07, 11:39 AM
it's all EL TORO PUU PUU, 10th

I know http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

Sgt Leprechaun
06-03-07, 10:07 AM
No, militarily I just believe that we should only be willing to kill or be killed for two reasons:
1. Protecting our shore line [homes]

2. The Bill of Rights.

Everything else is: You are a fool ! If that makes me not one your self-proclaimed, "One of us" that is fine with me. http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Now, I just can't let this one ride. That would mean, using this particular logic, that the following should not have been engaged in:

WWII
WWI
Kosovo
Dominican Republic
Cuba
Grenada
The Cold War
Desert Storm I
Lebanon (either time).

Before you climb on the "Pearl Harbor" bandwagon, Hawaii wasn't even a state at the time, and most of the country couldn't have found it on the map. It wasn't 'our' shore anymore than Wake Island, Guam, or Dutch Harbor in the Aleutians were 'our' shores.

(Using this logic, that is....)

10thzodiac
06-03-07, 10:51 AM
Now, I just can't let this one ride. That would mean, using this particular logic, that the following should not have been engaged in:

WWII
WWI
Kosovo
Dominican Republic
Cuba
Grenada
The Cold War
Desert Storm I
Lebanon (either time).

Before you climb on the "Pearl Harbor" bandwagon, Hawaii wasn't even a state at the time, and most of the country couldn't have found it on the map. It wasn't 'our' shore anymore than Wake Island, Guam, or Dutch Harbor in the Aleutians were 'our' shores.

(Using this logic, that is....)

Yes http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

War Is A Racket

This is piece was written way back in 1933, but is still just as relevant. It is an excerpt from a speech by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC. Smedley Butler is one of only 19 people in the entire history of the US military to have been awarded the The Congressional Medal of Honor twice. The Medal of Honor is the highest award given by the US military.

War is just a racket.

A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its “finger men” to point out enemies, its “muscle men” to destroy enemies, its “brain men” to plan war preparations, and a “Big Boss” Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.
It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty-three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.
During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-03-07, 11:16 AM
Then, I must disagree with both you, and General Butler.