PDA

View Full Version : firefighter

119Wrestler
05-29-07, 10:00 PM
I know about the MOS 8811 which is firefighter. And that seems pretty cool, but I have talked to a few Marines, who say that the firefighters in the USMC are civilian fire fighters. So how can this be an MOS ?

davblay
05-29-07, 11:27 PM
Well Dan, I see you were in the Young Marines! You should have learned that you can't believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see! The Corps has fire fighters where the civilians aren't allow to go! Get it?

119Wrestler
05-30-07, 12:00 AM
Oh ok, thats awesome, I'm not sure if to pick between being an MP or a firefighter.

Zulu 36
05-30-07, 05:58 AM
Civilian firefighters are on most military bases now and they handle mainly structure fires and other services you see a civilian fire department handle.

MOS 8811 is crash/rescue and they primarily handle aircraft and airfield incidents and fires.

Both kinds of fire fighters are crossed trained, but the vehicles and equipment the operate on a daily basis are much different.

DoD civilian firefighters do not deploy, 8811s do.

killerinstinct
05-30-07, 07:45 AM
crash fire rescue sit in the middle of the runways and most calls to them are usually for hot brakes where they show up in silver suits and stand by. Or smoking missiles that had a detent wrench still in the lau..

NO KIM IT WASNT ME ARMING THAT PLANE!!!!!