PDA

View Full Version : How The Anti-War Support The Troops?

jinelson
05-29-07, 10:01 AM
Flags Burned, Replaced With Swastikas

Monday, May 28, 2007

(05-28) 15:58 PDT ORCAS ISLAND, Wash. (AP) --

Vandals burned dozens of small American flags that decorated veterans' graves for Memorial Day and replaced many of them with hand-drawn swastikas, authorities said Monday.

Forty-six flags were burned completely and another 33 were found in charred tatters Sunday in the cemetery, authorities said. Swastikas drawn on paper appeared where 14 of the flags had been.

Members of the American Legion on this island off Washington's northwest coast replaced the burned flags with new ones Sunday afternoon.

The vandals repeated the stunt on Memorial Day after a guard left at dawn, the San Juan County sheriff's office said. This time, the vandals left 33 of the hand-drawn swastikas.

"This is not an act of free speech. This is a crime," Sheriff Bill Cumming said in a statement released Monday afternoon.

Sheriff's department officials declined to comment further on Monday.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/05/28/national/a155857D69.DTL

maverickmarine
05-29-07, 10:11 AM
That makes me so damn mad I don't even know what to say or where to begin!!!! :mad: :mad:

jetdawgg
05-29-07, 10:55 AM
These people do not represent the Anti War movement.

They are extremists.

huey guns
05-30-07, 11:07 PM
If I was there, I would just shoot.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-31-07, 12:24 AM
No, I disagree. They are EXACTLY what the 'anti-war' movement is all about. There are far more of 'them', (i.e. people who are on the fringe left) who are under the 'umbrella' of the anti-war 'movement' than there are those hard core right wingers who the 'mainstream media' likes to put in with the Republicans. You can't have it both ways; if right wing nutjobs like neo nazis and KKK, and other idiots, get lumped into MY party, then the left wing gets it's own anti-American morons.

The left chose this fight, and emboldened scum such as this. Now, they can live with it.

Just as the moooslums refuse to divest themselves of the suicide bombing jihadis, I'd venture to say that the left wing 'leadership' will remain silent on this, as well. For the exact same reasons; because deep down, in places you don't talk about (in public), you secretly giggle at such things.

It's called "hypocrisy".