PDA

View Full Version : open letter for all marines both male and female

marine0351
05-27-07, 07:56 AM
:flag: this letter is address to all marines both male and female. both past and present, to future marines. Today is Memoral day. and i would like to take this opportunity to extend my heart felt thanks to all those of have given the utimate price for freedom. As a former marine and sergeant of marines, its great honor that i can send this letter to all those who reads this letter. Many of our brothers and sister has paid this price, and family members grieve for the fallen marines. But it with great pride that they can stand and tell the world that his or her marine, son or daugther did what they felt was worth the scariface that they paid. With each and everyday that goes by, i have the honor to see the flad that they defend so faithfully and proudly. And to all of you i give and hearty "SEMPER FI" .. To those who are still in combat areas around the world. Chesty would be proud, as with those from iwo jima.. sgt. bloomfield 1stbn 2nd mar 2nd mardiv

Devildogg4ever
05-27-07, 08:02 AM
Remembering our Brothers & Sisters who have sacrificed is an honor and is a special responsibility to do. When Marines make the ultimate sacrifice, we have a duty to remember that sacrifice. I, like you, find it an honor to stand at attention and pay tribute to our "family" who have fallen before us. We will never forget, nor will we let them be forgotten!!!!

http://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/templates/images3/egalight_gone-but.gif

Ignition
05-27-07, 11:54 AM
today is your day.... brothers of past.

Your blood lives on forever. We will never forget

Semper Fidelis

Goose
05-27-07, 01:58 PM
God Bless to all...Happy Memorial Day, Please take a minute durning your Parades & Partys to remember the our brothers & sisters who cannot

semperfi170
05-27-07, 06:41 PM
Memorial Day Parade in Dearborn MI. The 2nd MAW will be there marching and performing at City Hall in the city's official remembrance service that follows the parade. Additionally, one of the parade's special guests is retired SgtMaj Eduardo Gadsden. The city has also invited Marines from the 1/24 to march in the parade. They returned from duty in Iraq in late April.:usmc:

I'll be there and be saluting our Marines and honoring those who have gone before us. Then it is off to the National Cemetary in Holly MI to honor my Dad who served in the Navy during WWII.:iwo:

Ignition
05-28-07, 08:28 AM
hahah most of 2ndMAW is out here currently.

not many of the ace is left stateside.... RBE... GRRRrrrrrrrr!

haha we cant all live the easy life

yellowwing
05-28-07, 10:14 AM
On May 28, 1984, President Reagan led a state funeral at Arlington National Cemetery for an unidentified American soldier killed in the Vietnam War.

His great words are appropriate for Memorial Day 2007:

...his voice giving way again, the President concluded, saying, "Let us, if we must, debate the lessons learned at some other time. Today we simply say with pride: Thank you, dear son, and may God cradle you in his loving arms."

http://www.ywg-web.com/images/reaganunknownsoldier.jpg

candi
05-28-07, 12:20 PM
"This is courage… to bear unflinchingly what heaven sends."
- Euripedes

"Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die."

-Mary Elizabeth Frye

Blessed Be.