PDA

View Full Version : What are some things you dislike about USMC?

wannaBMarine12
05-26-07, 06:18 PM
I know the Marines have a lot to offer, and have great opportunities, but what are some things that you dislike or would want to change about the Marines?

davblay
05-26-07, 07:16 PM
If the wortld were a paradise, the streets were gold, there were no crime or war-----someone would be gripping! So no matter what one Marine find that is wrong, another will like it! So, there is no answer to your question! Be more specific. Most of us likes most of it the way it was/is!

wannaBMarine12
05-26-07, 07:30 PM
^Alright, in your opinion what you change? I am not looking for a wrong or right answer, im just simply asking for your opinions.

davblay
05-26-07, 07:34 PM
I don't know, maybe to become a seperate branch of military, not a Dept of the Navy!?? Hard to say, I enjoyed most of it, I don't care to remember the bad stuff, ya know? Beside, what doesn't killl ya, makes you stronger!

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-26-07, 07:48 PM
I'd like to have our own medics, doctors, and chaplains. I wouldn't mind having our own jump school because it is my belief that every Marine- or at the minimum infantry Marine- should be able to inset by parachute. And, boot camp should be more difficult than it is.

davblay
05-26-07, 07:58 PM
AHHHHH----------The Marine Corps-------second to none!

MKinney
05-26-07, 08:09 PM
I just know everyone LOVES to hurry up and wait.

Marine84
05-26-07, 08:24 PM
I would LOVE to open up a can of whoop a$$ on whomever started that NASTY rumor that it's a bad thing to be called a Woman Marine AND I would look pretty damned good while doing so.

Zulu 36
05-26-07, 09:14 PM
I would LOVE to open up a can of whoop a$$ on whomever started that NASTY rumor that it's a bad thing to be called a Woman Marine AND I would look pretty damned good while doing so.

And I would HATE not being there to watch that show (and maybe sell tickets too).

Marine84
05-27-07, 10:24 AM
And I would HATE not being there to watch that show (and maybe sell tickets too).

Long as I get a cut......................;)

CARTEEUSMC
05-27-07, 10:57 AM
hurry up and wait
but this one might make you laugh
i always hated it, when i was non rate when the GySgt, or SSgt or anyone would beckon me with their finger, hated it. Why could they not just walk over and chew my ass out?
:no:

Zulu 36
05-27-07, 12:01 PM
hurry up and wait
but this one might make you laugh
i always hated it, when i was non rate when the GySgt, or SSgt or anyone would beckon me with their finger, hated it. Why could they not just walk over and chew my ass out?
:no:

Because they don't have to.

candi
05-28-07, 11:59 AM
I hated that we could be used as guinea pigs..and if we say no..end up court martialled..

Marine84
05-28-07, 02:59 PM
I hated that we could be used as guinea pigs..and if we say no..end up court martialled..

?????:confused:

This one I gotta hear......................c'mon Sister, tell us your story!

davblay
05-28-07, 03:15 PM

Yeah, explain yourself Corporal! :confused:

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-28-07, 09:22 PM
Better a guinea pig than a hamster I suppose, but I am interested as well. I'm going to venture a guess that the answer is going to make me laugh.

rvillac2
05-28-07, 11:11 PM
Maybe the Gunny asked her to try on the new "Invisible" uniform. ; )

Marine84
05-29-07, 08:09 AM
Better a guinea pig than a hamster I suppose, but I am interested as well. I'm going to venture a guess that the answer is going to make me laugh.

You and me BOTH dude!

I hate it when folks come in and drop a bomb like that and leave me curious as hell about something.

Candi - where are you? We need entertainment girl! What kind of "testing" did you go through?

Marine84
05-29-07, 08:10 AM
Maybe the Gunny asked her to try on the new "Invisible" uniform. ; )

Or new BC maybe?

killerinstinct
05-29-07, 04:20 PM

the original tester of the big green weenie....

killerinstinct
05-29-07, 04:25 PM
1. huge police calls of walking side by side picking up cigarette butts ending up with a large trash bag of them...

2. cleaning dirt paths and rocks while making a crazy unit designation out of them during field day...

3. always being a boot even if you make it to E-9

mrbsox
05-29-07, 05:35 PM
The stupid Fk Fk games that were played.

I understand them, but didn't LIKE them. That is one of teh reasons I didn't entertain the 'carrer counsler' at the end of my EAS. (and the fact that he didn't come calling in the first place.)

Rank of someone younger and dumber than I was just 'cause he signed a 3 yr initial and then re-upped for an NCO stripe (hmmmm ... maybe not so dumb after all)

Cold "C" rats (beef and rocks or chicken loaf were the worst cold)

mrbsox
05-29-07, 05:48 PM
What would I change ??

Have the 'non-rates' do more of the admin/logistics type stuff;
Follow a chow or ammo order thru the chain
Drill the platoon in Close Order Drill

More 'cross training' for familerization of behind the sceens;
Forward Observer
Supply
Load Master

Bring back Mess Duty (who loved the 'pot shack' ??)

chili77bowl
05-29-07, 06:01 PM
too many whiners in the Infantry.

yes, it's tough...
yes, it's dirty...
and yes, we will make you work VERY hard...

but it's the greatest job ever.

Marine84
05-29-07, 06:22 PM
Candi - never mind - I know the story now. Sorry to hear it happened but I'm glad you're able to get help for it.

killerinstinct
05-30-07, 03:58 PM
OH YEA one more thing i just thought of. Living in a squad bay and always having one person streak the ****ter after field day and getting **** details

candi
05-31-07, 03:15 PM

Oh..sorry...

I just read what I posted and realized I must've been in fog when I posted..lol...

Didn't make much sense did it? :p

I was reffering to the anthrax vax which f*&^d some of us for the rest of our lives..
(not bitter or anything)

Ignition
05-31-07, 03:57 PM
How the Marine Corps can put someone with a "religious studies degree", or some other chit, as a Comm OIC for their first assignment as a boot Lt.

Goose
05-31-07, 04:39 PM
Loved every minute of it in Hind sight. Nothing or noone is perfect. I would do it all over again in a heart beat. Had some bad days, away from family ect... The worst thing I would say is Dept of Navy thing. Make us our own Dept. But what the hell......The Navy was a great taxi service

Thefewtheproud
05-31-07, 07:58 PM
I would love for women to be looked at as beautiful in the marines instead of whatever men think of women marines.

Marine84
05-31-07, 09:40 PM
I would love for women to be looked at as beautiful in the marines instead of whatever men think of women marines.

They will honey but, you have to prove yourself first. The men have had the problem with a bunch of women talking about how tough they are but couldn't turn a wrench in a tight place because she didn't want to break a nail.

davblay
05-31-07, 10:53 PM
Tradition is hard to change-----having said that----The Female Marines are truly the few of the few, I wish that more fine young ladies joined our Corps, but because of sterotyping they are afraid to make that step. They have no Idea the importance of the Woman Marine in this country! The women have truly earned the title and they worked very, very hard to earn it, lets never forget that! When I speak to a WM, I talk to them as one of my equals, as a Sister if you will!

Encourage your lady friends to enlist in the Corps, who knows, maybe soon we will have a division of them! Imagine, the 7th Marine Division? My point is---Semper Fi Marine!

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-01-07, 12:41 AM
I thought that many WMs were very attractive. Some weren't, but that didn't have anything to do with their job. And, of course, if you can look good in cammies you can look good in anything.

rvillac2
06-01-07, 02:47 AM

Marine, I think you'd look beautiful in whatever career you pursued.

E4B is right. Some women can make a potato sack look good. However, more often than not, Marines are attracted to (or repelled by) a WM's attitude.

davblay
06-01-07, 08:40 AM
I think it was actress PHYLLIS DILLER that once said "BEAUTY IS ONLY SKIN DEEP", of then someone yelled "LETS SKIN HER!" But yeah I agree some ladies can look good in a gunny sack while others can't impress people in a $10,000.00 gown! It's the attitude that wins the eys, not always the looks! That goes for guys as well, or so I've been told.

Marine84
06-01-07, 09:23 AM
See Tracey......................they love it when we look good AND can handle an M16.

yellowwing
06-01-07, 09:37 AM
Marine, I think you'd look beautiful in whatever career you pursued.

E4B is right. Some women can make a potato sack look good. However, more often than not, Marines are attracted to (or repelled by) a WM's attitude.
ATTITTUDE! Aye That's the Ticket! It has carried us far since 1775. And we got the guts to back it up! :usmc:

MSgtBowling
06-03-07, 10:31 PM

I know a lot of good WMs. I retired two years ago and I never heard any such rumor. It sure beats what they used to call WMs. Ever heard of a BAM.

davblay
06-03-07, 10:37 PM
It sure beats what they used to call WMs. Ever heard of a BAM.

BROAD AZZ MARINE? :angel: Man that is a blast from the past, haven't heard it in years! :D

MSgtBowling
06-03-07, 10:48 PM
I was Artillery for the duration. When I was with the regiment around 1988 or so, They began allowing women in the regiment doing support jobs. Communications and MT mostly. They went through some really hard times. Handled it pretty well. The Comm WMs did not have the best reputation but the MT WMs really proved themselves in Desert Storm. They performed outstanding. We had one we called minefield Mitchell. She was driving a truck filled with powder canisters. Followed the convoy leader into a mine field. She was the second truck. hit a mine. blow the hood off the truck, tire gone ect... Jumped out and changed that tire. Backed out of the field and continued on with the job. Good chit.

Marine84
06-04-07, 08:31 AM
I know a lot of good WMs. I retired two years ago and I never heard any such rumor. It sure beats what they used to call WMs. Ever heard of a BAM.

I was being a little sarcastic about the "rumor" - most of the females we talk to these days do NOT want to be called a WM - they would prefer to be called Marines and that's it.

And, yes, I heard of BAM and I don't even have a problem with THAT one - my a$$ IS broad! ;)

Thefewtheproud
06-04-07, 10:21 AM
I was being a little sarcastic about the "rumor" - most of the females we talk to these days do NOT want to be called a WM - they would prefer to be called Marines and that's it.

And, yes, I heard of BAM and I don't even have a problem with THAT one - my a$$ IS broad! ;)

I think you are beautiful though. A real woman who can fight but, still live her life as a woman is sexy as hell!

davblay
06-04-07, 11:23 AM
Kim, Thefew, has potential! :marine:

Thefewtheproud
06-04-07, 12:14 PM
Kim, Thefew, has potential! :marine:

Thank you sir. :) But, I meant every word. I'm not here to suck up or climb up people's asses. I will ****ing tell you what I think. Kimberly deserves the great life she has. She was fought and won the war of sterotyping. I'm currently fighting that same war. And this marine will get some.

****ing oorah

davecerami275
06-04-07, 12:17 PM
Circa1984-1988
:mad: :mad: :mad:

During this time period the Corps had what was known as the Quality Enlistment Program (something like that)

if your initial enlistment was six years you were GUARANTEED corporal in 18 months ( i dont remember the exact number,,, but it was not long)

there were two types of corporals during this time. the guy that busted his a$$ to make corporal,,,, and the boot mother fa(ker who made corporal because it was guaranteed in his contract, AKA: Contract Corporal.
contract corporals recieved no respect from anybody because we all knew how they made rank.

it sucked to be a senior lance breaking in a boot,,, and a few months later the same boot was a corporal.

thanks to these contract mother fa)kers the cutting score to make corporal was outrageous, and promotions were pretty much frozen solid. there were many senior lance corporals.

for the record: i busted my a$$ to make corporal, it was not GIVEN to me in a fAcking contract.

Thefewtheproud
06-04-07, 12:55 PM
Circa1984-1988
:mad: :mad:

During this time period the Corps had what was known as the Quality Enlistment Program (something like that)

if your initial enlistment was six years you were GUARANTEED corporal in 18 months ( i dont remember the exact number,,, but it was not long)

there were two types of corporals during this time. the guy that busted his a$$ to make corporal,,,, and the boot mother fa(ker who made corporal because it was guaranteed in his contract, AKA: Contract Corporal.
contract corporals recieved no respect from anybody because we all knew how they made rank.

it sucked to be a senior lance breaking in a boot,,, and a few months later the same boot was a corporal.

thanks to these contract mother fa)kers the cutting score to make corporal was outrageous, and promotions were pretty much frozen solid. there were many senior lance corporals.

for the record: i busted my a$$ to make corporal, it was not GIVEN to me in a fAcking contract.

I'll drink to that. :beer:

Quinbo
06-04-07, 12:58 PM
Hey Tracey .... What's up with your boot camp platoon number??

Quinbo
06-04-07, 01:32 PM
He she it has modified the profile and deleted the bootcamp platoon number because had no idea what an appropriate number would be. Informed me in chat that he she it's platoon number was not 14B but actually 335. Give me a break.

candi
06-04-07, 04:34 PM
They will honey but, you have to prove yourself first. The men have had the problem with a bunch of women talking about how tough they are but couldn't turn a wrench in a tight place because she didn't want to break a nail.

I have worked with (more than) my fair share of prissy little b!tches...and it used to drive me nuts when I was first stationed at El Toro...I had this female Cpl who wore latex gloves everytime she touched something outside of the office...She used to interrupt me while I was working on a truck to tell me to go scrub my hands because I had grease and dirt all over them...I finally got to the point where I told her one day to leave me alone I'm working..I don't give a F^ck about the stuff on my hands...I'm a F^cking mechanic what did she expect...I will wash the sh!t off when I'm done working thankyouverymuch!!!!

She then gave me a counseling sheet 'cause I 'disrespected' her...I refused to sign it so she told the SSgt on me and I told him what happened and she had to stay and have a little 'chat' with him...

Flipping prissy b!tches (of both sexes) get on my nerves!

o311marine
02-21-08, 11:43 AM
I don't like how Married people in the military get more than single...

If you want to know what I am talking about go take a look at
www.singlesams.com (http://www.singlesams.com)

Single S.A.M.S. is a Non-Profit Organization designed to advance and advocate for
the rights of single service members in all branches of the United States Military

Greetings Single S.A.M.S.,

The decision to serve your country is a noble decision. It comes with known hardships and sacrifices that are endured by every service member that dons the uniform.

There are also hardships that are specific and unique to single service members. While the Department of Defense has done a great deal to advance the interest of married military personnel with the regard to housing, separation pay, and redeployment readjustment classes, attention to the needs of single S.A.M.S. has fallen by the wayside.

Average BAH and food credit not offered to Single S.A.M.S. is worth in excess of $200,000.00 over the course of a 20 year career.

Additional pay for married personnel during a deployment encourages hasty decisions to get married before deployment and unnecessary marital hardships.

Parental access to information about wounded Single S.A.M.S. is often restricted and incomplete. Parents should have the same access as spouses in these extreme times of need.

Redeployment classes often focus wholly on readjustment to married life. Single S.A.M.S. are often forced to endure these inappropriate classes, and the issues they face after combat duty are ignored.

www.singlesams.com

killerinstinct
02-22-08, 11:53 AM
well if you were ever married think of where the money goes and who gets it.

Big Jim
02-22-08, 12:34 PM
See Tracey......................they love it when we look good AND can handle an M16.

That is the most beautiful thing in the world...watching a gorgeous woman handle an M16!!!! Gawd, is there nothing sweeter?!?! I loved being a PMI!!! hehe!!

;) !!!!!!

SgtHopperUSMC
02-22-08, 05:14 PM
Circa1984-1988
:mad: :mad: :mad:

for the record: i busted my a$$ to make corporal, it was not GIVEN to me in a fAcking contract.Amen! I wanted to do as much time as I could but did not want that Contract. Sooo I did 5 yrs on my first enlistment. Ha!

SgtHopperUSMC
02-22-08, 05:19 PM
Using a leaf rake to make the lines in the sand around the quonset huts at Camp Fuji. Had to be just right.

pheartnov2904
02-22-08, 07:12 PM
The only change that I would make, is putting jalapeno cheese spread in every MRE.

Otherwise we are perfect.

YUUUUUUT

Covey_Rider
02-22-08, 09:22 PM
I can tell you right now what I don't like about the Marine Corps. I'm in the philippines right now and everyone, my MSgt and SSgt's included, is being treated like children by the MEU. Nobody is allowed to drink any alcohol, leave base, be out around base past midnight...can't have a woman. It's driving everyone insane. We just done doing a training OP that was a living hell to pull off and now we have the weekend...but we can't get any decent libo. But..."it does what it's told."

ttracker65
02-24-08, 05:20 PM
Covey_Rider I feel for you Brother. In my day the Navy would rent us a bar and lock us down in it for a day or two Fully loaded if you know what I mean.