PDA

View Full Version : PLC Program questions

SilverWing
05-26-07, 03:53 PM
Hello:
My question is about the platoon leaders class and how I could increase my odds of being selected for this program. If there were anyone out there that could help me with this subject I would truly be Grateful for any help at all.

About me:
I am 23 years old and currently attending a two-year college. I have completed Calculus I, II, III and fist semester, second semester, physics. I have been accepted in two colleges as a civil Engineer or physics major. On top of that I am in the finishing stages of completing my flight training for a private pilot’s licenses.

Question(s):
Should I contact my recruiter now? Is there anything more that I can do to make my self more distinguishing amongst my peers? I would prefer not to be in sports or clubs, because I am up to my jewels is homework (so to speak) but would that help?

Conclusion:
I know that flight spots are very competitive. My goal is to show the recruiters that I am not playing any games at all, that I really want to fly. Thank you very much to anyone that takes the time to read this. I would appreciate any response to help answer my questions.

-Luis

DevilDogHEMech
05-26-07, 04:54 PM
Yes, if you go see a recruiter he will be able to give you specific information about eligibility requirements and steps to become a Marine officer. Sounds like you have your head square on your shoulders now and are taking proper steps, but keep in mind that a recruiter can't guarantee you a position as a pilot. You will have to earn that once you have finished OCS and other follow-on training. In the mean time, keep your grades up, finish getting your civilian pilot's license, get yourself into good shape, and pick your recruiter's brain. Good luck

SilverWing
05-26-07, 05:18 PM
Thank you for your response! I will Definitely talk to my recruiter then if you think the time is good. I understand that I need to earn my spot and I can’t wait to show the Marines what kind of pilot I can be!