PDA

View Full Version : Great News.........yippee!!!!!!!!!

SgtBigK
03-11-03, 04:28 PM
After being out of Work for 5 months, without the benefit of unemployment compensation, I had my final interview today and was hired. I will start within 2 weeks. It has been a hard road and my savings was just about gone but, it is coming to a close.
I return to a job I had 10 years ago at the same wage grade.
The lesson is, never burn bridges and stay in contact with former employers, even the Federal Government. It also helps to be a good employee.

I and my wife are celebrating!!!!!!!!!!

Ken:banana: :banana:

arzach
03-11-03, 04:32 PM
Good on Ya Kenny...I'll 'tip' one for ya...

thedrifter
03-11-03, 04:36 PM
Glad to see you got yourself back in the work force........

Sempers,

Roger

CAS3
03-11-03, 04:46 PM
Congrats Ken..when I leave work (sometime tonight)I will have one for ya!!

wrbones
03-11-03, 04:53 PM
Good! It feels good to be doin' somethin' constructive! I'm glad for ya!

Gettin' paid fer it don't hurt, either! :D

SHOOTER1
03-11-03, 08:45 PM
Congrats, I know what a hard road that can be, as you said, dont burn your bridges, I did and regretted it later, we will all tip one in your honer.:banana:

JChristin
03-11-03, 09:28 PM
Hey SgtBigK,

Congraulations! That is GREAT News. I understand what all unemployment is all about. Have been living off my savings for nearly 1.5 years. Oregon is the hardest hit - unemployment wise. Isn't it true: Faith isn't faith until it's all you're holding onto!

I am soooo happy for you. OOOH RAH!

semper fi
jchristin

SgtBigK
03-12-03, 07:59 AM
JChristin,

Yes, unemployment is tough. I have never been unemployed this long in my life. I did a lot of job searching over these 5 months. I was in business for myself but, that has taken a dive. I didn't have unemployment because I was self employed. My savings was/is getting mighty low so this couldn't have happened at a better time. Faith is a large factor in seeking employment but, faith without works is dead. It was only when I called my last employer for a reference that he said "you need a job, get your arse down here, cause we can always use a good man." It took 2 months but, I'm IN!!! Yaaaa-hoooo!!!!

SgtBigK

SheWolf
03-13-03, 07:20 PM
:D Great news,,, congrats,,,,
I know it is a scary thing to be unemployed!!!
Good luck!:yes: :banana: