PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Marine Saves Life of Air Force Captain

Old Marine
05-25-07, 09:10 AM
U.S. Marine Saves The Life an an Air Force Officer During Horse-Back Riding Mishap Sacramento, Ca. May 17, 2007.

Yes another unselfish act of heroism performed by a man wearing the Eagle, Globe and Anchor:

An Air Force Captain narrowly escaped serious injury recently when he decided to try horseback riding, even though he had no lessons or prior experience. He mounted the horse, unassisted and the horse immediately sprang into action. As it galloped along at a steady and rhythmic pace, the Captain began to slip from the saddle. In terror, he grabbed for the horse's mane, but could not get a firm grip. He tried to throw his arms around the horse's neck, but he began to slide down the side of the horse anyway.

The horse galloped along, seemingly impervious to its slipping rider.

Finally, losing his frail grip, the Captain attempted to leap away from the horse and throw himself to safety. Unfortunatly, his foot became entangled in the stirrup and he was at the mercy of the horse's pounding hooves as his head struck against the ground over and over and over.

As his head was being battered against the ground and he was mere moments away from unconsciousness, to his great fortune a Marine Sergeant shopping at Wal-Mart saw him and quickly unplugged the horse.

Devildogg4ever
05-25-07, 10:13 AM
I love stories like this!!!

outlaw3179
05-25-07, 11:02 AM
lol..that actually made me laugh...thanks.

maverickmarine
05-25-07, 11:38 AM
Lmao!!!!

drumcorpssnare
05-25-07, 01:12 PM
This story reminds me of the Joint Training Excersize held years ago at Ft. Bragg.
Apparently, a river running through the training area was raging at near overflow level, due to spring run-off.
A Marine Pfc. with full combat gear is on the north side of the river. He looks across the swollen river, and sees an Air Force Major. The Pfc. yells, "Where is a good place to ford the river?"
The Major replies, "Huh?"
The young Marine says, "How do I get to the other side of the river?"
The Air Force officer looks to his left, then to his right. Then, he yells to the Pfc., "YOU ARE ON THE OTHER SIDE !"

drumcorpssnare:usmc: