PDA

View Full Version : JAGs sent to Gulf; would advise on legality of targets, strategies, weapons

thedrifter
03-11-03, 11:01 AM
March 11, 2003 <br />
<br />
JAGs sent to Gulf; would advise on legality of targets, strategies, weapons <br />
<br />
By Steven Komarow <br />
USA Today <br />
<br />
<br />
KUWAIT CITY — There could be civilians chained to an Iraqi missile...

firstsgtmike
03-11-03, 02:25 PM
Someone decides to sue you and take you to court. He shops around until he finds an attorney who assures him that the attorney will win the case for him.

When you receive the court summons, you shop around until you find an attorney who assures you that he will win for you.

One will win, one will lose.

You have a fifty-fifty chance of being the one with the attorney who is either incompetent or who is a ***** who took the case for the money, knowing that he was going to lose.

I don't like the odds.

If you win, HE collects. If you lose, YOU pay.
------------------------------------
An attorney/advisor on a guaranteed retainer fee knows that his safest course of action is to say NO. He risks NOTHING.

It is almost impossible to prove a negative. You cannot prove he was wrong for saying NO, but there is a risk in saying YES.

Lord, be merciful. Protect us from the politicians and the attorneys.

Osotogary
03-11-03, 04:58 PM
I honestly do have nightmares regarding "Rules of Engagement". Actually, I'm scared ****less. Too many Americans have lost their lives complying with them.