PDA

View Full Version : Question about Joining Reserves

mjcb23
05-24-07, 09:00 AM
Since I joined reserves, i got to choose my MOS, but i did not choose infantry or anything to do with combat. Is there any chance I can still get sent to Iraq or Afganastan to FIGHT in war. If i have to I will, but I dont believe in the war we are fighting, therefore it wasn't on the top of my list to join infantry.

thanks

Marine84
05-24-07, 09:29 AM
That is the DUMBEST thing I have read so far......................you want to join MY Marine Corps but you don't want to fight??????

What do you think the military is for?

SGTBrentG
05-24-07, 09:46 AM
I have to agree. DUMBEST thing to say! Try the boyscouts.

killerinstinct
05-24-07, 09:46 AM
aye 84 is right..

you should set on being president or a congressman if you want to pick the battles..

Marines fight the battles not dictate which to fight...

I understand its simply your civilian nastiness that makes you think a one sided picture..

I too dont believe in goign to war with Iraq I personally think we should have let Iraq gas the Iranians then maybe go in...

Right now the terrorist are concentrating on Iraq and not on our home soil as much so the war could be for a good reason..

The ppoint is there are many factors for a war and until there is a draft the volunteers in the Military are signing up to go to the war.

But im telling ya there are other MOS's that are IN HIGH demand to go to iraq MP's Ordnance men are all being recalled from IRR and im sure the reserve units are being activated elsewhere too...

So just remember if you dont want to go to war or into Iraq dont choose the Marine Corps. As every Marine is a basic rifleman and every MOS supports infantry.

mjcb23
05-24-07, 09:51 AM
i ddint say i wouldnt fight, i said i didnt want to fight. If my country needs me to fight, i will. But its not my first option. Thats all im saying.

rvillac2
05-24-07, 09:55 AM
MJCB,
Clearly you're in need of some career counseling. Reservists are getting activated all the time and not necessarily to serve their primary mission.
If you have reservations about fighting in this war as ordered by our CINC, you need to find another occupation.

There's a lot of openings for fruit picker in central California right now.

rvillac2
05-24-07, 09:59 AM
Fire Mission!, Over.

Marine84
05-24-07, 10:43 AM
There's a lot of openings for fruit picker in central California right now.

You owe me a keyboard dude!

Seriously kid - don't join the Corps! Or any other branch - we know you said you would fight (if you had to) but don't want to.

Again - what do you think the military does?

mjcb23
05-24-07, 10:58 AM
^ i know the military fights, but can you honestly sit there and say that you WANT to fight? All i am saying is that i dont want to fight at war(because i dont believe the war is just), but if i have to, i will.

davblay
05-24-07, 11:04 AM
The Military has a place for people like you man, it is a metal box! That's where you will wind up with an attitude like that! You have to believe in what you are doing and why you are doing it! It is not our likes that matter, It's our job, PERIOD! We are trained for one thing and one thing only, to kill on command, no questions! You can object all you want, just keep it to yourself! No other Marine wants/needs to hear it! Our uniforms, and plenty we have, are not yellow with a white flag attached!

You need to rethink your position about enlistment in My Beloved Corps! Otherwise you are in for a very RUDE awakening!

killerinstinct
05-24-07, 11:11 AM
its okay mcj. They just being a bit hard on ya. I am sure you will change your find once you get the big picture i am sure everyone of us felts similar issues or something as we were all once pre Marine Corps...

Your attitude changes as you will see things that only the Corps will give you insight on...

rvillac2
05-24-07, 11:21 AM
Our hymn is "First to fight",
not "First to fight if we think it's right."

MGySgtSki
05-24-07, 11:32 AM
Since I joined reserves, i got to choose my MOS, but i did not choose infantry or anything to do with combat. Is there any chance I can still get sent to Iraq or Afganastan to FIGHT in war. If i have to I will, but I dont believe in the war we are fighting, therefore it wasn't on the top of my list to join infantry.

thanks

Unsign that contract....we don't need you. The corps you need to join is the Peace Corps.

Either that, or get an attitude adjustment. Once you start wearing this unform, there's no room for agreeing or disagreeing with this war or any war. That's for civilians to do. Every Marine is a rifleman, he!! there division BAND members on perimeter guard for bases in Iraq, so I'd say there's always a chance of deploying and actually fighting.

Sounds like you're trying to plant the C.O. seed now so you can say "I was against it when I signed and I'm still against it and I don't want to go"? Head on over to the C.O. thread and see where that gets ya!!

S/F

Marine84
05-24-07, 11:41 AM
^ i know the military fights, but can you honestly sit there and say that you WANT to fight? All i am saying is that i dont want to fight at war(because i dont believe the war is just), but if i have to, i will.

I don't understand what part you aren't getting! If you sign that contract nobody is going to give a fat baby's a$$ whether you think ANY war is fair/just/worth it - matter of fact, they won't even ASK you. You get a set of papers saying you're going to Iraq (or wherever we may be at the time) - you pack your $h!t and git - no questions asked.

And to answer your question - doesn't matter whether I WANT to or not - I certainly didn't join the Marine Corps NOT to.

Go save a whale or something - you won't make it in the Corps.

mjcb23
05-24-07, 11:47 AM
alright, ill adjust my attitude.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-24-07, 12:43 PM
First, just why in the hell would there be a job in the Marine Corps that isn't needed during a war? It isn't job corps, the Marine Corps exists for one purpose- winning battles.

Don't you dare join my Marine Corps. You are a coward. You think the war isn't 'just'. That is the same thing the cowards said about WWII while Jews were being slaughtered. It is the same thing the cowards said about the Revolutionary War. It is the same thing they say about all wars. Joining the Marines won't make you any less of a coward, but it may get you and other people killed.

Go be a hippy in a college somewhere. Stay the hell away from the Marine Corps.

SgtHMH
05-24-07, 06:18 PM
Every MOS in the Marine Corps is important and at some point in time will be needed in the hot zones in the world. It does not matter if your Admin to Grunt in the Corps you will be deployed. You join the U.S. Marines to want to fight and all Marines are trained the sameway. You better read the history of the Marines and know that every Marine is a Rifleman. Also if we don't take on those people over there, we will have to fight them sooner or later over here. I did my duty and did over fourteen and half years in the Corps Active and Reserve. I was a State Police Officer hurt in the line of duty and retired in the line of duty. If I could I would still be in and if I was in I would be a Master Sergeant or Higher by now. I would most likely be deployed with a Helicopter Squadron. These people over there want to kill Americans, just because we are Americans. They killed Marines in 1983 in Beruit, other places, the Cole and the Twin Towers. They been attacking us and bombing places for years and taking hostages. Well now it is time for us to get some pay back for all the crap they been doing around the world to us and others. They started it and wanted to play games, well we unleashed the dogs of war on their asses "The Devil Dogs" "The Army Dogs" "The Squids" "The Fly Boys".

Semper Fi

Quinbo
05-25-07, 05:43 AM
Turn up the volume and pay attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87OEfKG1cMg

Marine84
05-25-07, 07:58 AM
Oohrah!

Semper Fi Ya'll!