PDA

View Full Version : My Fiance is being Extended!

CplsGirl
05-24-07, 12:59 AM
Hi Everyone,
My name is Kristy. I am a new member! I just wanted to say hi, and let people know who I am, and also vent a bit!!
My Fiance is currently deployed in Iraq. I just got an e mail this morning stating that they are invol. transfering him to the MP's and that he is being extended for another seven months! I don't know what to think! I am at a loss for words on how I feel, other than the fact that I don't know what to do! I am 19 years old, and young, but I have been thru a lot of life experiences. I can say that NOTHING in my life could have prepared me for the hurt I fealt the day he left. Watching his bus drive away, and teh tears that ran down both of our cheeks! and now once again, I will have to say goodbye to him! I really don't know if I can handle this. I love him with all of my heart, and I don't know what to do! he is my everything and my all, and this news is horrifying to me! Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and vent a bit! I don't have many people to talk to, so I am looking for some friends, and maybe some advise!!

Thanks for listening,
Kristy

USMCJohnson
05-24-07, 01:58 AM
Whoops I'm sorry I don't think I should have posted here.

napalm
05-24-07, 06:21 AM
Don't worry that bad I know people who have been over there both of them Marines I was a little worried at first but you have to remember this quote from Full Metal Jacket which goes somethign like this, "Marines are not allowed to die without permission." I'm sure no one is going to give it to him either.

davblay
05-24-07, 07:53 AM
Kristy, he needs for you to be strong for him. He has a difficult time over there anyway, just being there. Show him you support him and understand the way it is. Unfortunately war is hell, especially on young people and thier relationships. You have to try to hold back your tears and encourage him so he can do his job without worrying about you stressing out about him. He doesn't need that. If your love is strong, you will not place his life in a stressfull situation. He has enough of that without any help. It will go by fast and it will end, just pray for his safe return.

In the Military, we have to follow orders, but we need the support of our loved ones at home. After all absents makes the heart grow stronger! Plus the welcome homes are always worth it, trust me.

Good luck to you and your Marine, Semper Fi little lady, Semper Fi.

CplsGirl
05-24-07, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I know! it is just hard!!! there is so much of me telling myself that I can't do this, but then I think about it more, and I hate myself for thinking that! I start my new job today.....so I should be good for the next few days, it will keep me plenty busy

maverickmarine
05-24-07, 10:28 AM
You said this Marine is your fiancee and if that's the case then you intend to marry him right? If so then you are committing your lives to one another and this is just one period of your lives together. This will be some of the toughest but also best times for your Marine but you must stay strong and give him support. I have heard it said that the toughest job in the Marine Corps is a Marine Corps Wife/Fiancee'. But, just like DavBlay said, you have to support him and absolutely do not put any further stress on him. Believe me he's got more than enough to deal with already. You will make it through.

thedrifter
05-24-07, 11:14 AM
How I was taught, Suck it up if You Love Your Marine!;)

Ellie