PDA

View Full Version : Question about my exercise

Salezel
05-23-07, 09:35 PM
I just got home from exercising and i was wondering if any of you could tell me if it is a good start to working my way up to be able to enter the DEP.

I went to the park and walked around the lake wich was a 2 mile walk, then I went around again switching between jogging and running(another 2 miles). Then I rode my bicycle around twice(2 more miles), the path around the lake has 2 different sized inclines on it.

so that was a total of 6 miles

Is this a good start? Do I need to change anything?

DevilDogHEMech
05-25-07, 11:53 PM
Honestly, it doesn't much matter exactly WHAT you do, as long as you get off your a** and do SOMETHING. The more you do, the better off you will be, but I wouldn't worry about counting specific miles or whatever. Just go put in a good amount of honest hard work for as long as you can, eat well, and you will be physically ready for recruit training.

Marine84
05-26-07, 09:39 AM
Honestly, it doesn't much matter exactly WHAT you do

Exactly! Hell, before I went in I didn't do ANY of the crap some of you guys are doing these days. As you will find out, bootcamp is more mental than physical - you guys are young, the physical part you'll be able to handle with no problem. It's your brain that will be tested...................good luck!

devilpup82
06-10-07, 06:00 AM
Recruiters usually have a PT program for the poolees. Ask your recruiter. My nephew is Pting 3x a week with the recruiting office.