PDA

View Full Version : "Under Fire" Images of Vietnam

thedrifter
07-17-02, 08:38 AM
Some excellent images at this site. Note that many could stir up some bad memories so visit at your own risk. These are some of the best I have seen. It is a commercial site with these images for sale as well as books for sale.....

Subject: "UNDER FIRE" Images From Vietnam

"Under Fire"- Images from Vietnam
http://www.pieceuniquegallery.com reveals the extraordinary talent, grace and courage of the young photographers who risked their lives to document the most photographed war of the 20th century. Many of these photographers were wounded, some several times, and a number of them did not survive.

Piece Unique Gallery is proud to offer affordable museum-quality prints of photographs that were published in magazines, reproduced in books and exhibited in museums worldwide. These are images by legendary photographers who forged the collective
memory of a generation.

Highlights from the Web site include:

Dozens of audio interviews with photographers who share their Vietnam
experiences, as well as testimonials from colleagues and friends of those among us who were killed or have been missing for over 30 years.

Award winning Australian journalist John Pilger takes visitors to Vietnam today in sound and video clips.

Additional online resources that recreate the sounds of the war in Vietnam,
including the music that filled our lives.

Our book section contains some of the best books of the Vietnam war which can be ordered through Amazon.com

"Under Fire" Images from Vietnam is the first of several multimedia projects to be presented on Piece Unique Gallery's Web site.
Please visit us at: http://www.pieceuniquegallery.com

Piece Unique Gallery is a division of Pieceunique, which was founded in 1997 by Catherine Leroy, an award-winning photojournalist who went to Vietnam at the age of 21. Leroy was the only accredited journalist to partake in a combat jump with the 173rd Airborne and was wounded in combat with the Marines. During the 1968 Tet Offensive, she was briefly detained by the North Vietnamese Army in Hue and managed to bring back exclusive images from her experience on "the other side" that put her on the cover of Life Magazine.

Press information contact: c@pieceuniquegallery.com

Sempers,

Roger

http://www.pieceuniquegallery.com/ellison/pix/RE6802_closeup.jpg

SAAD65
07-21-02, 11:45 AM
Hi Roger

Thank you for sharing this site with us. It is one of the best I've seen. Fantastic!

Sally

dibob
02-16-09, 02:58 PM
How about a step by step instruction on how to get to this "Under Fire" feature. I get to the main web site, but I am stymied as to how to go further.

Riven37
02-19-09, 11:21 AM
Sorry, we couldn't find www.pieceuniquegallery.com

thedrifter
02-19-09, 11:31 AM
Sorry, we couldn't find www.pieceuniquegallery.com

This is from 2002, which my late husband(Roger) placed up...

Somethings last and some leave....

Ellie

dibob
02-19-09, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the effort, Riven 37.