PDA

View Full Version : Where is the outrage?

MOUNTAINWILLIAM
05-22-07, 08:30 PM
WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE?

As “everybody” is aware by now, the blowhards in Washington, DC have raised a great hue and cry to pull the troops from Iraq. The question I wish to cast upon the waters is - Where is this same outrage that the troops are not being pulled out of the former Yugoslavia, Korea, Japan (and the rest of the Far East), Europe (especially Germany), the Middle East in general and other foreign lands where they have been stationed for decades?

Ol’ Brother Dave (Gardner) put forth a suggestion many years ago - “Bring all of our troops home and close all Embassy’s (leaving Consulates open) and let the word go out not to mess with us.” If they did Armageddon would seem like a church social. I happen to agree with his thoughts.

Semper Fi

:flag:

sgt tony
05-22-07, 10:06 PM
I agree but if we did pull them all back then we would then complain that we have to many troops and need to cut them back, then we would not need a Navy just Coast Guards, the Air Force would not need all them planes either.

I know what you mean and I just stated what the Congress and Senate would do.

10thzodiac
05-22-07, 11:18 PM
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.
There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."
- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
(Japanese Navy)

greensideout
05-22-07, 11:42 PM
(Japanese Navy)

It is interesting that Admiral Yamamoto understood the value of the second amendment better then our own Congress.

10thzodiac
05-22-07, 11:55 PM
It is interesting that Admiral Yamamoto understood the value of the second amendment better then our own Congress.

Now we just have to convince the American public the bogeyman will never make their daughter wear a burka, it's safe to bring the troops home http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

greensideout
05-23-07, 12:03 AM
"There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass".

Considering the "Great Plains", that would give most anyone a second thought about an invation.

yellowwing
05-23-07, 12:34 AM
(Japanese Navy)
Any given Saturday somewhere within driving range of most of our population :

mrbsox
05-23-07, 05:46 AM
Now we just have to convince the American public the bogeyman will never make their daughter wear a burka, it's safe to bring the troops home http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

But... what if we allow congress to panty waist around, and REMOVE that (2nd Amendment) right ??

And, if we do bring them home (soon I hope also), and they attack our interests again, do we go after them, or open negotiations (sp?) ?

drumcorpssnare
05-23-07, 07:42 AM
10thz- Hey, you got it half-right! I agree, Yamamoto knew very well the degree to which Americans were armed, and how ludicrous it would be for Japan to invade our country. The Soviets knew this as well.

The point I disagree with is this... You think we have to convince the American public "the bogeyman" will never make their daughter wear a burka.

It's not the American public that needs to be convinced. It's the bogeyman who needs the convincing. The Islamic world needs to be made to understand..."WE will NOT be converted."

I believe the vast majority of the world's Moslems just want to live their lives, practice their faith, and be left alone. But the radical, extremists are determined to kill the "non-believers" and they WILL NOT simply lay down and "behave" when we leave Iraq. They will continue their fight until WE take away their WILL to fight.

drumcorpssnare:usmc:

Dave Coup
05-23-07, 07:54 AM
I'd like to see the troops come home too. My problem with it is that the terrorists are infinitely patient and have no freakin' timetable to attack or destroy us. I don't think that our women will ever be 'wearing bhurkas' but I do believe that given the opportunity as many of them as possible will be dead if we slack up on terrorism. It's not because of luck that we haven't been attacked again.

SF

Dave

"We're surronded. That simplifies the problem." Chesty Puller

Dave Coup
05-23-07, 08:22 AM
See post by Gene Blanton "Grandkids and war zones"

SF

Dave

"We're surronded. That simplifies the problem." Chesty Puller

10thzodiac
05-23-07, 09:14 AM
The underlying theme I'm hearing from everybody's posts is that even if we bring the troops home were not through with the terrorists.

You are right, there will be some residual eye for and eye terrorism from wannabe terrorists acting on their own without orders from Al-Qaeda if we leave or not.

I personally believe there will be no incentive for Al-Qaeda targeting America per se if we leave now and change our foreign policy for the better in MENA. Namely, for America to stop supporting unpopular regimes in the area, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and their arch enemy, the hated Israel. But I'm dreaming.

As long as lobbyist in congress are allowed to dictate support for the above mentioned regimes, expect Al-Qaeda directed terrorism. Maybe even in your own backyard ? We have to start securing our boarders so that not even a rat could even crawl through.

Just think, three birds with one stone [secured boarders] ! No terrorists, drugs and illegal aliens.

But big money has other interests and plenty of warm bodies to sacrifice in the name of duty to enrich themselves. Expect plenty of terrorism while beating your gums blue talking about it; nothing is going to change until an American big city vanishes from the face of the earth or we go bankrupt fighting self-inflicted terrorism !

Time for a foreign policy change ?

Good luck

If you don't already know this, remember where you heard it first !

Period.

SF

10thz http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

drumcorpssnare
05-23-07, 11:00 AM
10thz- You say we should expect attacks until we go bankrupt fighting "self-inflicted" terrorism? Uh...we didn't self-inflict any of these terrorist attacks.
We didn't ask anyone to blow up the Marine barracks in Beirut, or down a passenger jet over Lockerbee, Scotland. We didn't "invite" 9/11. Those attacks were the concious choices of our enemies. For you to say they were "self-inflicted", is in my opinion, the same as you taking sides with the terrorists. That is their rationale. When they blame us, for our problems, it absolves them of their responsibility, for the death and destruction.

You say we need a foreign policy change? The way you want to secure our borders, it sounds like you would also advocate our return to total isolationism. Is that the case? Do we shut down the borders...tight as a drum...(pun intended) and then just stick our heads in the sand, ignoring the rest of the world? Those days are gone, buddy. That is just not realistic thinking.

And while I agree that border security needs to be tightened up considerably...what would it REALLY take to keep all the terrorists, drug runners, und undesirable aliens out of our country?
Imagine the cost of expanding our Coast Guard tenfold. Of "physically" manning our entire border, every eighth of a mile. Or controlling our airspace with "absolute security". How much would that cost? Might that also bankrupt our country?

In my mind, it would be much quicker; much cheaper to just take away their will to fight.

MGySgtSki
05-23-07, 11:43 AM
You complain about our foreign policy being dictated by the regimes we support. So, let me get this straight. Are you recommending that, instead, we replace the Israeli lobby (as an example) with a lobby, by proxy (the fact that they hate us and want to kill us), of Al-Qaeda and let THEM dictate our foreign policy? Sheesh

Interesting, to say the least......that's exactly AQ wants, but their deisred end state isn't the United Eutopian States of America, I'm sure of that.

S/F

The underlying theme I'm hearing from everybody's posts is that even if we bring the troops home were not through with the terrorists.

You are right, there will be some residual eye for and eye terrorism from wannabe terrorists acting on their own without orders from Al-Qaeda if we leave or not.

I personally believe there will be no incentive for Al-Qaeda targeting America per se if we leave now and change our foreign policy for the better in MENA. Namely, for America to stop supporting unpopular regimes in the area, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and their arch enemy, the hated Israel. But I'm dreaming.

As long as lobbyist in congress are allowed to dictate support for the above mentioned regimes, expect Al-Qaeda directed terrorism. Maybe even in your own backyard ? We have to start securing our boarders so that not even a rat could even crawl through.

Just think, three birds with one stone [secured boarders] ! No terrorists, drugs and illegal aliens.

But big money has other interests and plenty of warm bodies to sacrifice in the name of duty to enrich themselves. Expect plenty of terrorism while beating your gums blue talking about it; nothing is going to change until an American big city vanishes from the face of the earth or we go bankrupt fighting self-inflicted terrorism !

Time for a foreign policy change ?

Good luck

If you don't already know this, remember where you heard it first !

Period.

SF

10thz http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

drumcorpssnare
05-23-07, 01:08 PM
Hey 10thz- Are you saving the little silver "Hershey Kiss" wrappers to make tin foil hats?:D

Just to keep the pot stirred...What specific measures would YOU take to secure our borders, "so tight a rat couldn't get through"?

10thzodiac
05-23-07, 03:56 PM
10thz- You say we should expect attacks until we go bankrupt fighting "self-inflicted" terrorism? Uh...we didn't self-inflict any of these terrorist attacks.

We didn't ask anyone to blow up the Marine barracks in Beirut, or down a passenger jet over Lockerbee, Scotland. We didn't "invite" 9/11. Those attacks were the concious choices of our enemies. For you to say they were "self-inflicted", is in my opinion, the same as you taking sides with the terrorists. That is their rationale. When they blame us, for our problems, it absolves them of their responsibility, for the death and destruction.

A quick tid-bit of American Legal Jurisprudence as a simple analogy. If you are minding your own business and someone comes over uninvited and causes trouble, that's called aggression.

But they were fighting in Bruit and we were peacekeepers ! Yes, the Jews and the Moslem's were slaughtering each other as they have been doing since time and memorial (minding their own business). Then the Jews didn't protect some Christians like they should of and the Arabs gave the Christians pay-back by slaughtering them. Guess what happened next ? We chose sides and the battleship USS Missouri started hurling 16" shells the weight of Volkswagens into Muslim neighborhoods. This is where and when Usama bin Laden said he got his idea to attack America (9/11).

For more pay-back for above , just like our boarders (9/11), the Marine barrack suicide truck bomber drove past our Marine sentry (whose rifle was un-loaded (orders) with a smile (Sentry's own words). We have geniuses in the Marines too, un-loaded rifles !

You say we need a foreign policy change? The way you want to secure our borders, it sounds like you would also advocate our return to total isolationism. Is that the case? Do we shut down the borders...tight as a drum...(pun intended) and then just stick our heads in the sand, ignoring the rest of the world? Those days are gone, buddy. That is just not realistic thinking.

Your right, your assertion of what I'd supposedly do wouldn't work in todays world, but that isn't what I'd do. We have to start doing business on an even playing field with other sovereign countries; their resources belong to them, unfortunately they have to sell them and un-fortunately we have to buy them. The rub comes in when we support un-popular regimes so that American big business (even foreign ) can exploit the process. General Butler pointed this out well in his book, War is a Racket:

"I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested."

And while I agree that border security needs to be tightened up considerably...what would it REALLY take to keep all the terrorists, drug runners, and undesirable aliens out of our country?
Imagine the cost of expanding our Coast Guard tenfold. Of "physically" manning our entire border, every eighth of a mile. Or controlling our airspace with "absolute security". How much would that cost? Might that also bankrupt our country?

For starters if we just keep it simple for stupid (FBI, CIA & CIC) to improve on who we let take flying lessons.

Next, we brag we have satellite capability to see vehicle license plate numbers from outer space and stars light years away with the Hubble telescope. I say lets turn people like Bill Gates and NASA loose with a computerized surveillance systems of the un-patrolled boarder areas with quick response teams. Lastly, be more selective who we let the fuk in country.

BTW, it would help to fire fuk-ups on the war on terror not promote them or give them cushy ambassadorships.

In my mind, it would be much quicker; much cheaper to just take away their will to fight.

Remember, if you have to hurt someone to solve a problem, you are the problem.

SF

10th

MOUNTAINWILLIAM
05-23-07, 08:19 PM
Let me sic the dog again. WHY are the following country's not wastelands? Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Lybia, Somalia, Yemen and to a certain degree, Kuwait (I can't include Afghanistan, they are already rubble). All were participants in the murder of our citizens.