PDA

View Full Version : MOS info (done the right way this time)

2young2DepIn
05-22-07, 01:14 AM
Ok, so again I was just wondering if I could get any information because im wondering about the MOS choices and to see what you guys think about the decisions I may want to do. I want to start off with 4 years of Combat Vehicle Repair and after that I was just wondering if the USMC has a dog training type MOS like attack dog training. Just wondering, so if there is any information please I would like to know. Thanks.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-22-07, 05:44 AM
There are working dogs in the Marine Corps, but I don't know that repairing vehicles is a good way to get to the dogs. I would look into being an MP if I wanted to deal with the dogs.

davecerami275
05-22-07, 07:07 AM
Summary. A working dog handler is a military policeman who is additionally trained to properly employ a military working dog to conduct vehicle searches, searches of open areas and buildings for personnel and evidence, perform tracking searches for lost or wanted persons, and detect illegal drugs or explosives. This MOS will be assigned as a skill designator MOS only.

Requirements/Prerequisites
(1) Must currently hold MOS 5811 (http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/marineenjobs/bl5811.htm).
(2) Possess no fear of dogs.
(3) Must be a volunteer.
(4) Complete the Patrol Dog Handler Course and the Detector Dog Handler Course, Air Force Military Training Center.