PDA

View Full Version : 92 day program

sec9
05-21-07, 09:45 PM
Im a Senior in High School right now and will be going to college in the Fall. I wont be able to go to boot camp this summer because of orthodontics. Anyways will the 92 day program work for me in the summer between my freshman and sophmore year of college or maybe even the summer sophmore and junior year?

The plan right now is to finish my orthodontics (While in DEP hopefully) and go the first summer I have free of orthodontic work.

If the 92 day wont work during those summers would I just have to complete all my training back to back then return to school when Im done?

rvillac2
05-21-07, 09:49 PM
You need to ask a Recruiter about current policy. I thought the 92 program was for the summer before freshman year.

sec9
05-21-07, 09:54 PM
We were discussing it a few weeks ago, and here's the situation. I currently have residence in California, but I am moving to Washinton for school. Because of this the split program wouldn't even work if I did go the boot this summer because I would have to be placed near a unit next to my residence. What my recruiter said he would do is have me go to boot and complete the MOS training right after to which he would right me a deferral for the school I miss. then he would put in a transfer for me to be sent up to the unit next to my school. Does that sound like it would work?

Also should I contact the recruiter in Washinton?

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-21-07, 10:44 PM
The reserves are pretty easy to deal with. If you move they're pretty good about letting you change to a unit near your new location. To make things easier, you should make sure that the reserve unit where you are going has the MOS that will be on your contract.

sec9
05-22-07, 03:27 PM
Im just wandering if it would be better to DEP in up in Washington because I will be living up there. Especially if I have a residence up there. Rather than have to be transferred.