PDA

View Full Version : The Basic School

Biles
05-21-07, 09:14 AM
First off, I'd just like to greet everyone here! This is my first post, and I hope to frequent here often.

Back on topic, I'm planning on entering college in 08 and signing up for Marine-option NROTC, and I was a little curious about TBS. I've read all sorts of things about OCS and the procedures that occur there, but I haven't been able to find anything more about TBS except it lasts 6 months and 2nd LTs learn to command rifle platoons.

Is there anyone that has attended TBS that could give me some more information about how things go there? Is it more like OCS or going to an actual school? Do you live on base and report each day or do they have specific barracks? I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but I'll start with these.

Thanks for any help, I just like being well prepared! :D

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-21-07, 12:17 PM
I think the official TBS site will answer most of your questions. You can even see the handouts that are given to LTs at TBS. But, in brief you are trained to lead rifle platoons and much of the motivation that enlisted get in boot camp is found at TBS for officers.

http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/tbs/

Biles
05-21-07, 05:48 PM
Ah, thank you very much! That's a very different site from the one I saw earlier.

Biles
05-21-07, 07:15 PM
Another question: Where would one report for Command and Control Systems Officer (MOS 0602) training?