PDA

View Full Version : Money Question

CBRN5711Tech
05-20-07, 11:46 PM
After all of the expences and when you finally get paid, how much money will you have made during boot camp?

davblay
05-21-07, 01:01 AM
According to the 2007 pay scale, you will earn from $4000.00 and $5000.00 Gross for thirteen weeks! So depending on the tax and other expences in your situation, the net will be whatever that is!

Having said that---it beats what you are making now and it's not a bad job if you include the room and board! Huh? :marine:

CBRN5711Tech
05-21-07, 01:07 AM
Yeah, thanks. I figured that I would try to save as much as I could while I am still young and don't have a family to take care of. Just curious to what I would start out with.

davblay
05-21-07, 01:10 AM
Yeah, thanks. I figured that I would try to save as much as I could while I am still young and don't have a family to take care of. Just curious to what I would start out with.

http://www.*************/military/benefits/0,15465,military_pay_charts,00.html

This should answer your questions about pay! Good Luck Poolee! ;)

davblay
05-21-07, 01:13 AM
http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/2006militarypaytables/2007_Web_Pay_Table.pdf

This will answer your pay questions! ;)

rvillac2
05-21-07, 01:38 AM
You will get some money deducted depending on what you buy during boot. One of our newer Marines can tell you what they came home with after graduation.

As a young kid with money out on your own, you're going to be tempted to spend your money on a lot of nonsense. Be disciplined and wise with your investments and you could walk away with a very good savings after your tours.

Teufelshunde
08-20-07, 04:46 AM
Do you get money during MCT?

mcgannph
08-20-07, 09:07 AM
at the end of boot camp, Private's averaged 1200-1500 in their bank account.

PFC's averaged 1800-2500 in my experience.

That's after you pay ALL of your final bills, pay for uniforms, all the PX visits during the training cycle, and spending $100 or so on liberty sunday for various stuff.

SlingerDun
08-20-07, 03:51 PM
The check you recieve upon completion of boot camp could be the largest single sum you will ever extract from Mother Green and it works best in an interest earning account. You can deduct from your paychecks an amount designated by you towards an "allotment" but its not a great deal if it doesn't pay interest, mine didn't.

I figured that I would try to save as much as I could while I am still young and don't have a family to take care of. If your at sea or other limited access duty stations theres not much to buy and paychecks build up. I've heard former Marines, Sailors etc. who went on to have wife, kids, job, the whole catastrophe say they never had as much free time and solvency as they did when they were single active military.

--->Dave

immaproshooter
08-20-07, 05:00 PM
those numbers are rough....i came home with 1600 and i spent quite a bit at boot...lol...that was with Pvt pay.....but its a good ball park number alot of the contract PFC's in my platoon came out with 2200-2600

Covey_Rider
08-22-07, 12:37 AM
I ended up with about $900 after boot and I was a contract PFC. But I was always buying things for the platoon so that's where alot of my money went. If it wasn't for that I probably would have made out with about $1700. It all depends on what you buy while you're in...I know Marines that graduated with $2500. But don't expect 4-5 thousand lol.

hawks
08-22-07, 12:51 AM
I graduated with 1500 and payday was 5 days away and it says i should of gotten a 700 dollar check, never got it yet though.

Covey_Rider
08-22-07, 12:55 AM
$700 for a PFC??? Wow. Let me know where to get in that line lol. I'm only getting about $650/chech right now as a LCpl WITH overseas pay.

BigWayne3000
09-08-07, 07:19 PM
Well I went in contract PFC June 06 and graduated Nov 06 and came out with almost 6 grand. Thats because I spent almost 2 1/2 months in a holding platoon due to being really sick with pneumonia. So youw ont be bringing home that much but youll still bring home a nice paycheck.

Haffner
09-08-07, 07:22 PM
HOW THE HELL ARE YOU ALL COMING OUT OF BOOT WITH THAT MUCH?

I came out with just shy of $1,000. What the hell is going on? Did you have all of your supplies supplied for you or something, and never had to buy anything other than gear issue?

That's fvckin nuts. Seriously.

BigWayne3000
09-08-07, 07:33 PM
Well I was in PCP and the other one not MRP but the other holding platoon I cant remember the name of the damn thing for some reason haha. I had pneumonia begining of Boot and never got it checked out and wound up passing out during a run and than finding out about it. Got cleared and continued training but failed the final pft cause I couldnt do any pullups cause I lost 30 lbs when I was sick. Went from 175-180 down to about 140 or so. sent to PCP and than got diagnosed with pneumonia again so I was sent to EHP! Thats it EHP haha. Spent about 2 months there or so then couldnt exit cause I only did 2 pull ups and was sent back to PCP where I spent about 3 days til I passed the exit and went back to 2nd BN to finish training. And if anyone reading is having problems with pullups, do Lat pulldowns on a lat pulldown machine, that helped me out alot. I went to PCP the 2nd time doing only 2 pullups and left literally about 3 or 4 days later doing 6. The kicker for that was when you do exits you have DIs watching you scoring you etc and that day my former sr. DI happen to be the one doing the scoring and stuff so I was able to pass finally with him watching me, I got a little choked up I'll admit it was amazing. And he even told me how proud he was etc. By the time I left the island though I was like a celebrity, all the DIs knew me and it wasnt cause I was a $hit bag but cause I was there so long. It was a good feeling finally being able to leave and everyone being at my Graduation watching me. Sorry for the rant haha

Haffner
09-08-07, 07:37 PM
I still just don't get it. I came out a Pvt. with having only bought the minimum and I had about $970. Same with everyone else. If Marines are now coming out with $1500 or so, I feel cheated!

What I REALLY feel cheated about is that now your god damn boot leave doesn't count against your leave days! I think the rest of the Corps should get compensated 10 days leave.

ChiefUSMC
09-08-07, 07:39 PM
it just depends on how much you spend

CBRN5711Tech
09-10-07, 11:37 AM
What I REALLY feel cheated about is that now your god damn boot leave doesn't count against your leave days! I think the rest of the Corps should get compensated 10 days leave.

Is that really true?

Quinbo
09-10-07, 12:21 PM
Give me a break! You don't get free leave or a free plane ticket. You are taxed on your pay and you will purchase a plane ticket home. What ever you have after that is pocket money. Some states...

CBRN5711Tech
09-10-07, 12:27 PM
I figured so. I just checked my balance too: $1,260.63
I could have saved a little more money if I had only bought what I was sure I would need.

immaproshooter
09-10-07, 03:24 PM
ya its not true look in your orders you recieved youll see how many dayas it says you ahve and all..well or jsut wait till your mct/itb stay is up then look at yoru orders youll see

ggyoung
09-10-07, 04:03 PM
When I went in I had a cut in pay. (1964) When my two boys went in it was the most money they ever had at one time. (2000 and 2002 both are still in)

Brock SP
09-10-07, 04:31 PM
Do you get money during MCT?

Yes, you are a Marine

Haffner
09-10-07, 09:57 PM
Sgt Bulk, they seriously do not get charged for their boot leave now. They stopped doing that a few months ago. No, this is not one of those rumors that has circulated around, they just simply don't...

Dannycanterberr
09-11-07, 12:10 AM
When you get in make out an allotment or something to save money. You'll be glad you did when/if you get out. I went in with nothing and got out with nothing, except a whole lotta good memories and marines i'll never forget.

grizzly
09-11-07, 01:59 AM
I know when I graduated from boot,after I purchased plane tix etc.. I had about $650 in cash and travelers cheques,when I left MCRD.Then when I got into 1st duty station at the stumps I received another $600 cash for back pay as Pvt in 78,as did others from my plt who came aboard same station at same time.

CBRN5711Tech
09-11-07, 11:05 AM
They didn't say anything about that to us. They told us we were going to be 2.5 days in the hole because we've only been in for three months. But they have lied to us before.

ggyoung
09-11-07, 12:36 PM
Stop *****ing. Remember what ever it taks to be a U.S.MARINE.

thewookie
09-11-07, 03:32 PM
hold on,,,,,, wait a minute, you guys got paid?

I have to contact admin, they owe me

Who said they could have saved more if they only bought what they needed, what the f is that? Did you get trips to the local mall and use an ATM card.

What the heck is going on?

When we went to the base PX it wasn't no shopping trip. They told us what to buy, mass purchased everything, and then they split it all up at the barracks later. Each trip we went through the PX in about 2 minutes,,, so we could get back to drilling of course. We didn't have no freakin shopping trips. Man oh man ;)

CBRN5711Tech
09-12-07, 11:28 AM
They gave us a list of what to buy. And they eventually let us buy whatever we needed to replace. THere are just certain things that I just could've lived without. But the PX took a long time because it took the cashiers forever to ring everything up.