PDA

View Full Version : O.c.s.

motocarlo
05-19-07, 03:01 PM
Hello Marines,

I have enlisted in the Corps and am shipping to P.I. in September. My question relates to O.C.S. I was considering going straight into an Officer program since I already have a Bachelors Degree, but I really want to start out enlisted and experience the Corps from the ground up. (everyone I know thinks this is ridiculous.) Anyway, what is the process of attending OCS from the enlisted ranks? Do I have to be selected, can I apply,etc? How does the application process interface with my time left in service? Do I have to be enlisted for a specified time period before I can apply? Will I have to continue my M.O.S. from enlisted to officer? What is the age cut off for entering O.C.S.? Or flight school for that matter?
Thanks so much!!!

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-19-07, 03:39 PM
I agree with everyone that has told you the idea was ridiculous. That being said, there are tons of programs to become an officer. You'll just have to apply. You will not have to continue your MOS- the process for getting an MOS as an officer is totally different.

motocarlo
05-19-07, 05:51 PM
Thank You very much.

rvillac2
05-20-07, 12:36 AM
I agree with everyone and E4B, ridiculous. You just put several years of your life into the degree and want to start at the bottom? We've seen guys like you before. You've seen too many movies.