PDA

View Full Version : 2nd lt. with jump wings and dive

rheinmark187
05-18-07, 03:33 PM
I saw her sitting down with 4 enlisted marines all of whom had their gold jump wings and one sergeant had his divers bubbles. I didn't get a chance to ask them what unit they were with, but I wondered. I'm thinking she might have been a mustang officer (and got both during reenlistment) or might have been part of air delivery platoon at one point. This was at K-bay, where the only units that would use them are 4th force recon and radio battalion. I'm not sure if she knew them from jump school, but they could have been part of the same unit.
Anyone care to guess what unit she was with?

Sgt Leprechaun
05-20-07, 05:58 AM
Hmmmm.....interesting. I've seen a few WM's with gold wings from Air Delivery, but NEVER one with a SCUBA bubble. THAT would be something to see. She might have been RadBn, but you got me stumped on that one. Seeing that would be rarer than a MOH winner.

Heck, I would have strolled up and ASKED her what unit she was with....that is pretty impressive stuff...made all the more so that if she was hangin with others wearin the same stuff..she obviously wasn't a poser.

FistFu68
05-20-07, 08:18 AM
:evilgrin: SURE "IT"WASN'T A MUFF DIVER? :evilgrin: :sick:

1stRad2671
05-22-07, 09:01 PM
I'd go with RadBn. We get to do lots of cool stuff. :D

rheinmark187
05-23-07, 04:33 PM
does anyone in radio battalion require jump/dive besides radio recon?

1stRad2671
05-23-07, 07:02 PM
does anyone in radio battalion require jump/dive besides radio recon?

No. There are plenty of Marines that get jump school as a reenlistment incentive. The Corps REALLY wants to keep RadBn types around because of how much time and money is put into training.

Sgt D
05-25-07, 10:11 PM
If she was a Marine with a USMC dive bubble then she can't rate it. In order to get into the combatant dive corse you are required to have the following pre-reqs:

The specific course prerequisite qualifications include:
Individuals must be volunteers. (The Marine Corps Combatant Diver Course includes High-Risk training and Drop on Request (DOR) procedures are used.)
Marines and Corpsman must be graduates of the Basic Reconnaissance Course, (or DOD equivalent course).

https://www.npdc.navy.mil/ceneoddive/ndstc/default.cfm?fa=courses.custom&pg=usmc_diver#qual

Pasted from the schoolhouse web site. In order to go to BRC you have to be an 03XX or Corpsman. So it's physicaly imposible for her to have a marine scuba bubble, unless they changed the order for a few days, or she was a he. It could have however been a navy or army bubble.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-28-07, 06:03 AM
Well, that certainly clears THAT up.

1stRad2671
05-28-07, 07:23 PM
There are two different dive schools and two different badges. Combat dive is a gold badge with a different SCUBA apparatus. Regular dive is silver.

FistFu68
05-28-07, 08:19 PM
:evilgrin: HER BADGE IS PINK,JUST LIKE THE STINK;OF A CARPET MUNCHING.MUFF~DIVER!!!:sick:

Sgt D
05-28-07, 10:10 PM
There are two different dive schools and two different badges. Combat dive is a gold badge with a different SCUBA apparatus. Regular dive is silver.

Yes there are 2 different ones. One is Open Circut Combatant Diver Course (Silver Bubble) the other is Closed Circut Combatant Diver Course (Gold Bubble). My post earlier was regarding the entry level Open Circut Combatant Diver Course. Either way the requirements were the same.

LilyCricket
06-08-07, 01:52 AM
You can't imagine how cool it is, for me anyway, to read this thread. Except for that clearly unimaginative crap, of course. I never knew or knew of a WM with a scuba bubble and only saw one with wings... Makes me want to find a recruiter and reup...BUt that could be the unfortunate amount of coffee I drank last night because the recruiters would laugh at me..

sirmess1
06-08-07, 05:06 AM
yeah, I saw this a female 1st Lt with gold jump wings one time in a chow hall in Iraq. Never saw another like her again.

LilyCricket
06-08-07, 07:03 AM
I met the jump qual'ed female at 2d MarDiv while gearing up for a long field op directly after Desert Storm, and she was a Captain. In an interesting way, I was quite proud of her the day I met her and still am as proud today. Can't imagine getting into or through jump school as a token female was easy.

rheinmark187
06-20-07, 07:26 PM
well, women from all branches end up going to Jump School. The odds off her being the only one aren't as great as we might think. I said in my original post that she also had her silver dive bubbles, but I've been told that's not possible. It was about 2 years ago, so It's possible that my memory is distorted, but I could have sworn I saw both the jump wings and dive bubbles. I looked it up and she is possibly eligible if she had been a navy diver and a handful of other MOS's. The chances of all the stars being alligned and her getting those and becoming a Marine officer are pretty damn low. I'll just assume that my Memory is distorted.

FistFu68
06-21-07, 04:19 AM
:evilgrin:DURING MY ERA,THE FORMAL U.S.ARMY AIRBORNE SCHOOL;AT THE U.S. ARMY SCHOOL OF INFANTRY.FORT BENNING GEORGIA WAS A BEAR,THERE WERE MEN;FROM ALL THE BRANCHES WHO COULDN'T HACK IT!!!THE PHYSICAL,AND MENTAL STANDARD'S;HAVE BEEN CUT DOWN BY TWO THIRD'S!NO WOMEN WERE ALLOWED,IT'S TURNED INTO A FACTORY OF PUMPING OUT LARD AZZES;THUS THE TERM USED BY GREEN-BERET'S!(REC*NT'S)FOR THE WOMEN OF THE U.S.M.C.,WHO ARE JUMP QUALIFIED;DON'T GO TOO BENNING ANY-WHO???IT'S YUMA,ARIZONA!!!:usmc: :confused:

ggyoung
06-21-07, 10:48 AM
Yuma, Az. home of HALO. The hardst school in the service. Some people wait for years to get in.

yellowwing
06-22-07, 08:24 AM
Yuma, Az. home of HALO. The hardst school in the service. Some people wait for years to get in.
I saw women soliders with jumps wings and some Rangers talking about training them, and I thought, "Geez, what a waste of trianing dollars!"

Sgt Leprechaun
06-25-07, 05:19 AM
I had several females in my Airborne school class back in 1984. They actually did better than some of their army counterparts.

GyB74
05-26-08, 09:09 AM
but the Lt in question was my AOIC for our MEU det. She was with 3rd Radio Battalion. She went to Navy Scuba school and jump school because she was a motivator and there were seats (no one else wanted to go). She's out now.

jackson07
05-26-08, 12:38 PM
Marines in Radio Recon can and do go to BRC and do not have to be a 03xx or a corpsman.

rheinmark187
05-26-08, 03:55 PM
but the Lt in question was my AOIC for our MEU det. She was with 3rd Radio Battalion. She went to Navy Scuba school and jump school because she was a motivator and there were seats (no one else wanted to go). She's out now.

I guess I wasn't out of my mind for posting that. I kind of find it hard to believe that NO ONE else was going to use the seat?? Why didn't they just give it up to another unit? I'm sure she made an outstanding case why she was 100% ready, willing and able to pass that course with flying colors. She must have been a pretty damn good officer, because the other Marines with her seemed to really value her time. Not like the situation where guys are like "who's this dumb chick trying to fool?"

rheinmark187
05-26-08, 03:59 PM
Yeah true, but you're not going to have a female officer as a radio recon platoon commander. So it doesn't matter what MOS she is. Anyway, question resolved. I guess this is another example of how small the Marine Corps is.

Big Jim
05-26-08, 04:11 PM
I once saluted the highest ranking WM in the Marine Corps, at the time in April of 1985, at the Marine Corps Movement Center on Camp Pendleton. She was a Brigadier General with silver jump wings! I...

GyB74
05-26-08, 04:55 PM
She actually didn't take a seat from anyone for scuba school. At the time, the Navy Scuba school wasn't giving a limited amount of seats to the Marine Corps, it was an across the island PTAD that you merely had to request a seat for (so, its not like she took a MARFORPAC schoool seat from someone). As for the Marine Corps, the Marines that are going to be swimming up to an objective would be more likely to go to the Marine Combat Diver course, not the Navy's basic scuba school.

sabolka
06-03-09, 09:39 AM
I guess I wasn't out of my mind for posting that. I kind of find it hard to believe that NO ONE else was going to use the seat?? Why didn't they just give it up to another unit? I'm sure she made an outstanding case why she was 100% ready, willing and able to pass that course with flying colors. She must have been a pretty damn good officer, because the other Marines with her seemed to really value her time. Not like the situation where guys are like "who's this dumb chick trying to fool?"

It's been a couple years since this was originally posted. I finally read it today. When I was active duty, I earned both the Navy basic SCUBA and Army Airborne certifications. My former OIC, who responded earlier, is a great man and was the one who originally brought up the idea that I attend SCUBA school. My first answer to him was, "Am I allowed to go?" Once he assured me that I could, I replied, "hell yes!" (Or something like that.) As the only woman in that class, I was a bit anxious on the first day, but I quickly found that I could hang. It was the one of the most challenging and professional schools I have attended.

In terms of "the other Marines with her seemed to really value her time..." well, I am extremely humbled by that comment. I loved working with Radio Reconnaissance Marines. They embody an all-around pursuit of excellence... intellectual, physical and spiritual... which I continue to find highly inspiring.

I hope that clears things up even further.

Semper Fidelis.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-03-09, 09:44 AM
Welcome to the forums! Please fill out a profile for us so we know to whom we are talking with.

Also, if you have photos of yourself, in uniform on duty, I would take it as a personal favor if you would post them for historical purposes (as there for sure are very few females with both wings and a bubble) and I'd like it saved for posterity.

sabolka
06-03-09, 02:57 PM
Thank you Sgt Leprechaun,

In terms of history, there are now, and there will continue to be many women who do far more for the Marines than I ever did.

I also see that I misspoke. The earlier post I referred to came from GyB74, who was not my OIC, but the Senior Analyst from our det-- and also a great man. To him, I send my thanks for keeping the information straight. Deploying with this detachment was my most rewarding Marine Corps experience.

echo3oscar1833
06-03-09, 03:02 PM
It's been a couple years since this was originally posted. I finally read it today. When I was active duty, I earned both the Navy basic SCUBA and Army Airborne certifications. My former OIC, who responded earlier, is a great man and was the one who originally brought up the idea that I attend SCUBA school. My first answer to him was, "Am I allowed to go?" Once he assured me that I could, I replied, "hell yes!" (Or something like that.) As the only woman in that class, I was a bit anxious on the first day, but I quickly found that I could hang. It was the one of the most challenging and professional schools I have attended.

In terms of "the other Marines with her seemed to really value her time..." well, I am extremely humbled by that comment. I loved working with Radio Reconnaissance Marines. They embody an all-around pursuit of excellence... intellectual, physical and spiritual... which I continue to find highly inspiring.

I hope that clears things up even further.

Semper Fidelis.

Captain, are you the Marine in question, that the thread is refering to?

echo3oscar1833
06-03-09, 03:06 PM
In any case either way, fill out your profile, and stay around awhile, Mam. We could always use a Few Good Female Officers around here. Semper Fi, and welcome aboard :D

JWDevilDog
06-03-09, 10:00 PM
It is not too uncommon to see WMs with jump wings, although I admit I have never seen one with a scuba bubble. There are two WMs in my company that have gold jump wings, but that is because they are Air Delivery Marines. One is a Corporal (recently promoted) and the other is a Sergeant. It is part of AD school to be sent to Jump School and earn wings (although, admittedly, few of them have gold wings).

rheinmark187
06-04-09, 06:59 PM
Well I'm glad that this mystery has been solved. Like I said before, it's a small Marine Corps.

Finger
06-04-09, 08:34 PM
Fist, I've been waiting to see a female soldier with a Ranger tab. Anybody seen one yet?

S/F
Finger

Petz
06-04-09, 08:40 PM
red patcher??????? and probably a re enlistment bonus for the bubble... not too many people willing want to have to have one more device they have to wear on their cammies and other uniforms...

JWDevilDog
06-04-09, 10:02 PM
red patcher??????? and probably a re enlistment bonus for the bubble... not too many people willing want to have to have one more device they have to wear on their cammies and other uniforms...

Not likely a red patcher, SSgt. I have never heard of AD Marines getting the bubble, even as a re-enlistment bonus. I'm not saying it's not possible, I have just never heard of it.

Petz
06-04-09, 11:02 PM
had a MSgt get it as a bonus... said afterwards he wonders why anyone would ever do that as a bonus.

anything is possible, just depends on how badly the Corps wants you.

rheinmark187
06-05-09, 07:52 PM
Not likely a red patcher, SSgt. I have never heard of AD Marines getting the bubble, even as a re-enlistment bonus. I'm not saying it's not possible, I have just never heard of it.

In case you guys were wondering, Captain Bolka is the Marine Officer I was asking about. She introduced herself on Page 2 screename "Sabolka" and has finished her active duty time.

Petz
06-05-09, 08:35 PM
I got that... just wanted to figure out others who could be having scuba bubbles and jump wings... should have made that clear.

jcarter73
06-05-09, 10:29 PM
I was under the impression you had to be an 0321 to get a seat at SCUBA school... and as we all know... there are no Female 0321's...

Pete0331
06-06-09, 12:20 AM
Fist, I've been waiting to see a female soldier with a Ranger tab. Anybody seen one yet?

S/F
Finger

I know there were two females that had the Special Forces tab.
One earned it as a male...

Pete0331
06-06-09, 12:30 AM
There are two WMs in my company that have gold jump wings, but that is because they are Air Delivery Marines. One is a Corporal (recently promoted) and the other is a Sergeant. It is part of AD school to be sent to Jump School and earn wings (although, admittedly, few of them have gold wings).

Gold wings are different.

To get gold wings you have to complete 5 additional jumps and add that to the 5 you did in jump school.

This usually only happens if your unit is on jump status ie Recon, Marsoc, Anglico, Air Delivery, etc.
Or if you go to Jump Master school.

Of course there are always exemptions to the rule.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-08-09, 09:33 AM
Thank you Sgt Leprechaun,

In terms of history, there are now, and there will continue to be many women who do far more for the Marines than I ever did.

I also see that I misspoke. The earlier post I referred to came from GyB74, who was not my OIC, but the Senior Analyst from our det-- and also a great man. To him, I send my thanks for keeping the information straight. Deploying with this detachment was my most rewarding Marine Corps experience.

Thanks for the info, ma'am!

Sgt Leprechaun
06-08-09, 09:36 AM
Gold wings are different.

To get gold wings you have to complete 5 additional jumps and add that to the 5 you did in jump school.

This usually only happens if your unit is on jump status ie Recon, Marsoc, Anglico, Air Delivery, etc.
Or if you go to Jump Master school.

Of course there are always exemptions to the rule.

By reg when I was in, you couldn't just go out and do five jumps to get the gold wings, you had to be on jump status at the time, for them to be awarded. It may have changed nowadays.

30seconds
06-08-09, 11:07 AM
When i was in Okinawa last year i saw three or four pfc females with gold jump wings but they where Ls red patchers. and for guys in Radio Bn with Jump wings they usually attach to marsoc teams or recon teams thats why they prolly have them.

Supersquishy
06-08-09, 11:32 AM
prolly have them.

Sorry to interrupt but this is bugging the crap out of me, I have seen "prolly" at least 5 times used on this website. Do you mean "Probably"?

echo3oscar1833
06-08-09, 11:34 AM
Sorry to interrupt but this is bugging the crap out of me, I have seen "prolly" at least 5 times used on this website. Do you mean "Probably"?

yep, thats what it means:D well im prolly sure it means that

FistFu68
06-08-09, 11:56 AM
:evilgrin: Maybe it won't be long now 1st.Sgt,cause the U.S.ARMY fuced up biggg time when they let them in AIRBORNE.Wonder how many G.I.Janes have won the Iron Mike award? I've know Special Forces in the Army who never earned the Ranger Tab.If they let a Woman in the Rangers Its time 2 change their Berets again this time 2 the color Pink :scared: :iwo:

Sgt Leprechaun
06-08-09, 12:11 PM
Fist, the 'Airborne' as you think of it hasn't existed in decades. It's merely a qualification tab these days and nothing more than that. Sorry to say but true.

Pete0331
06-08-09, 12:21 PM
I don't like what has happened to Jump school at all.

It is being used as re-enlistment incentive most of the time.
Hate to break it to you guys, that extra $200 or so a month the career planner said you would get if you were jump qualed isn't true.
You have to be jump qualed AND in a unit on jump status to recieve the money.

There are guys that are trying to get into that school from the USMC side for their MOS that can't because of people going that have no buisiness there.

Supersquishy
06-08-09, 12:25 PM
That and make sure you can pass the Army PFT or you will be dropped. You will be suprised how many Marines cant do push-ups

30seconds
06-08-09, 12:25 PM
Maybe it won't be long now 1st.Sgt,cause the U.S.ARMY fuced up biggg time when they let them in AIRBORNE.Wonder how many G.I.Janes have won the Iron Mike award? I've know Special Forces in the Army who never earned the Ranger Tab.If they let a Woman in the Rangers Its time 2 change their Berets again this"

Dude are you serious. think before you speak. cause first off i know female marines who can out preform male marines in a male fitness test. i know plenty of feamles in the marine corp that would put you to shame. your an idiot. So to the point there are females in every branch that can do mens job but just arnt given the chance to.

Pete0331
06-08-09, 12:35 PM
"

Dude are you serious. think before you speak. cause first off i know female marines who can out preform male marines in a male fitness test. i know plenty of feamles in the marine corp that would put you to shame. your an idiot. So to the point there are females in every branch that can do mens job but just arnt given the chance to.

Alright Boot, you need to shut up.
Less then a handfull of posts and you are already calling out a member.
Less than two years in the military and you think you're hardcore.

**** off.

30seconds
06-08-09, 12:41 PM
Alright Boot, you need to shut up.
Less then a handfull of posts and you are already calling out a member.
Less than two years in the military and you think you're hardcore.

**** off.

ok wow you can call someone a boot. Big deal i was making point i can do that right.. well i thought so and no i don't think i'm hardcore i just do my job and what i'm told. and the boot thing everyone is a boot to someone and to yes i'm a boot so what and at one time your where a boot to. seriously man and your a grunt you pulled a trigger big deal. but there are plenty of females that can do men ****. so don't hate.

Pete0331
06-08-09, 12:54 PM
ok wow you can call someone a boot. Big deal i was making point i can do that right.. well i thought so and no i don't think i'm hardcore i just do my job and what i'm told. and the boot thing everyone is a boot to someone and to yes i'm a boot so what and at one time your where a boot to. seriously man and your a grunt you pulled a trigger big deal. but there are plenty of females that can do men ****. so don't hate.

You're an idiot.
Two years under your belt doesn't mean you know what the **** is going on.
Because you serve with females doesn't mean there are "plenty" that can do the same job as a male.

Being a grunt is a big deal.
We set the pace for the rest of the Marine Corps.

Your subconscience grunt envy pleases me.

Petz
06-08-09, 01:19 PM
both of you shut the fvck up before this thread is closed... no arguement, just shut up.

thewookie
06-08-09, 01:22 PM
There are guys that are trying to get into that school from the USMC side for their MOS that can't because of people going that have no buisiness there.

I hear what you're saying Pete, and I agree, but you can't fault the guys who get the seats. Well, you can fault whomever you want but the reality of it is HQ USMC should be asking for more seats to get the right bodies there. Or they should be allocating those seats for only those bodies who's job requires it. And they should have more Marines at Ft. Benning waiting on standby for a school seat, so when the sick, lame and lazy from the Army "elect" not to go, a qualified Marine can take their spot.

I don't know if it's the same now, but back in my day you could actually wait for an opening right there at Benning (little known secret) if you were in a MOS or billet that required the wings. They have a Marine liaison officer stationed there that takes care of all of that. In my class, we had two reservists from Recon that waited there on standby for a seat.

Pete0331
06-08-09, 01:26 PM
I hear what you're saying Pete, and I agree, but you can't fault the guys who get the seats. Well, you can fault whomever you want but the reality of it is HQ USMC should be asking for more seats to get the right bodies there. Or they should have more Marines at Ft. Benning waiting on standby for a seat, so when the sick, lame and lazy from the Army "elect" not to go, a qualified Marine can take their spot.

I don't know if it's the same now, but back in my day you could actually wait for an opening right there at Benning if you were in a MOS or billet that required the wings. They have a Marine liaison officer stationed there that takes care of all of that. In my class, we had two guys from Recon who took leave to go there on standby and wait for a seat. Sad thing is...they got their seat, but it's a shame they had to use leave to get it.

Supposedly the USMC is trying to set up their own jump school.

I haven't heard about it in awhile though.

If all I had to do was use my leave for decent schools I would have never gone on leave.

30seconds
06-08-09, 01:32 PM
I had a Sgt in Okinawa who had to take leave to get his seat in the school in Okinawa. i havent heard anything about the usmc school where do they plan on doing it at.

Petz
06-08-09, 03:32 PM
in a C-130....

why would it matter where the school is if it's set up by the Corps???

30seconds
06-08-09, 03:35 PM
they jump out of C-17 to and i was just curious. cause halo **** is out on the westcoast

Petz
06-08-09, 03:46 PM
the army?

and as far as I know the only group who needs HA LO is recon or MarSOC... the basic jump school would give you LA HO training from a static line (static jump) and maybe HA HO... but I could be wrong on that... that's more for gear... right?

30seconds
06-08-09, 03:52 PM
you right about the lo ho thing on the east coast but i talked to someone who had gold wings and requested halo school and went to the west coast to go do it.

30seconds
06-08-09, 03:53 PM
so ssgt your motor t

Petz
06-08-09, 04:00 PM
yes... and?

Supersquishy
06-08-09, 04:00 PM
Yuma, AZ I think is where the Army does HAHO or HALO too. I got the opportunity to ride with the Golden Knights during their training, 14,000 foot drops. Rode jump seat in the cockpit then right next to the jump door. Those guys were nuts, they tried to get me to go tandem, they said they need the practice, no thanks, declined after seeing what they did.....somersaulting and diving out. Now I find this ironic as Im going for Anglico and thats a jump billet, I can't wait! (seriously!) You only live once so what the hell!

Wyoming
06-08-09, 04:09 PM
I thought Marines and USMC and Marine Corps was all supposed to be capitalized.

I also thought there was a set of rules on how to post a thread or reply.

Something about whether your English teacher would approve of your text.

Anyhoo, I agree, this is a good thread. Some of the stuff should go PM so it doesn't get locked down, IMHO!!

30seconds
06-08-09, 04:14 PM
Why does it matter?

Wyoming
06-08-09, 04:15 PM
Why does it matter?

What does what matter??

Artemis
06-08-09, 04:21 PM
Maybe because it is proper English? Maybe because it is a pride thing? Maybe if you don't like it you can leave?

Wyoming
06-08-09, 04:21 PM
Why does it matter?

Maybe this would help.

Originally Posted by jinelson http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images_ln/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?p=165493#post165493)
Welcome aboard Leatherneck.com, its important that you be advised that we have rules here that will best help you prepare to enter one of the two MCRD's. Your failure to comply with any of them will get you in trouble.

Rule One you are not a Marine and this is a Marine site therefore you have no rights and are merely a guest that we wish to help achieve your goal!

Rule Two before you post a thread make darn sure that you have researched the forums so that you are not embarrassed by the fact it was asked a week ago!

Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!

Rule Four make sure that you have a completed profile less than that is unsat and will get you banned for a period up to and including permanently!

Rule Five be courteous at all times with your peers and especially with Marines, if you verbally attack someone you will be dealt with severely and disrespect to a Marine will not be tolerated!

Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!

Rule Seven the forums are not social a chatroom if you want to speak to a peer in that way do it on PM or by email or in the chatroom!

Rule Eight when you post make sure that it looks like you are submitting it to your english teacher for their determination whether you pass or fail!

Rule Nine make sure when you post a thread its in the proper forum, you do not rate to post in a Marine forum at any time prior to earning the title. Read the headings over the recruit forums for a guide!

Rule Ten there will no political threads or posts of any kind in the recruit forums, you are here to concentrate on the yellow foot steps not politics!

Rule Eleven be ready and flexible to accept any and all new rules and criticism at all times. Use your time here to prepare yourself for the greatest challenge you will ever face!

Rule Twelve your profile must include your ship date. This is to validate you against some wannabe that calls him or her self a Poolee. Only Poolees have ship dates not wannabes.

I'm including some recent links for rules that back these up below. I am also including a Drill Instructors thread of a list of what you may take to MCRD when you ship anything more is unacceptable! As you can see it is a very specific yet there are five pages of of questions again that is unacceptable. If you cant make it here you will not be able to survive recruit training.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28989 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28989)

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28025 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28025)

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28477 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28477)

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25168 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25168)

Petz
06-08-09, 04:25 PM
Al... those are for the Poolees.....

Wyoming
06-08-09, 04:31 PM
Al... those are for the Poolees.....

I agree, but is it to imply that Marines don't have to follow the rules?:confused:

Besides, as Danielle wrote -
Maybe because it is proper English? Maybe because it is a pride thing? Maybe if you don't like it you can leave?

Petz
06-08-09, 04:32 PM
yeah, I thought that was accurate... I simply stated it before he did.. we won't argue.

Wyoming
06-08-09, 04:36 PM
yeah, I thought that was accurate... I simply stated it before he did.. we won't argue.

Gotcha My Brother, all is well.

Pete0331
06-08-09, 04:43 PM
the army?

and as far as I know the only group who needs HA LO is recon or MarSOC... the basic jump school would give you LA HO training from a static line (static jump) and maybe HA HO... but I could be wrong on that... that's more for gear... right?

Battalion Recon has guys that need it but can't get into the HALO school.
HALO is one of the most exclusive schools in the .mil.
If you're not a HSLD type you are in the right place at the right time to go to that school.

Petz
06-08-09, 04:47 PM
but it'd be cool to get... too bad you need to wear another device on your uniforms.

that would be why I wouldn't do it... just another thing to get hit on inspections with.

FistFu68
06-08-09, 05:13 PM
:evilgrin: First of all I'm not Your Fucing Dude L/Cpl.,2nd. during my era when Men attended the coveted Airborne class.We had 2 do one thing before graduating Boot that was learning how 2 spell correctly.How tha Fuc did you graduate???Don't ask don't tell clause in Your enlistment contract? :confused: :iwo:

Sgt Leprechaun
06-09-09, 02:27 PM
I think this topic has gone far enough OFF topic at this point.

Alisium
06-09-09, 04:42 PM
Maybe she somehow squeked by on (or DOD equivalent course)?

Petz
06-09-09, 11:24 PM
yeah... and the person the OP was talking about commented about her situation... can we end this thread now???

rheinmark187
06-15-09, 05:28 PM
I was under the impression you had to be an 0321 to get a seat at SCUBA school... and as we all know... there are no Female 0321's...

That's pretty much correct. But the Captain didn't go to Marine Combatant Diver school. She got a seat at the Navy Diver school.

ST331
06-16-09, 12:14 AM
I saw her sitting down with 4 enlisted marines all of whom had their gold jump wings and one sergeant had his divers bubbles. I didn't get a chance to ask them what unit they were with, but I wondered. I'm thinking she might have been a mustang officer (and got both during reenlistment) or might have been part of air delivery platoon at one point. This was at K-bay, where the only units that would use them are 4th force recon and radio battalion. I'm not sure if she knew them from jump school, but they could have been part of the same unit.

Was she Demi Moore?

RedCowboy
06-17-09, 05:17 AM
No. There are plenty of Marines that get jump school as a reenlistment incentive. The Corps REALLY wants to keep RadBn types around because of how much time and money is put into training.

lol yet most of them get out once they EAS or switch MOS. But I do agree that those in RadBn and Radio recon get alot of cool stuff especially as insentives.

rheinmark187
06-17-09, 04:51 PM
Was she Demi Moore?

LOL, no Sir. She's a real deal Marine Officer and she has visited the board. I may edit my original post to say that we have found her.

ST331
06-18-09, 01:16 AM
LOL, no Sir. She's a real deal Marine Officer and she has visited the board. I may edit my original post to say that we have found her.

Was jay-kay-ing...

Demi Moore was so badass and sexy at the same time in GI Jane haha

rheinmark187
06-19-09, 07:37 PM
Was jay-kay-ing...

Demi Moore was so badass and sexy at the same time in GI Jane haha

You know what? That's actually one of my favorite military movies.:bunny:

rheinmark187
04-13-10, 04:38 AM
the army?

Parachute Rigger instructors also have billets for HALO. Apparently there will be more people going now that some of the burden for schooling is taken off the Army. The Navy is getting some kind of school started and the Marine Corps may put some dollars towards it as well.

Pertinent to the thread, the 1st female Marine graduated from HALO school this month. She got it through the Parachute Rigger Instructor course.:bunny::iwo:

FistFu68
04-13-10, 05:41 AM
:evilgrin: They should cause they Packed our 'Chutes,so If anybody thats doing that Male or Female? I hope they know what they are doing,Cause having a Major Malfunction could ruin Your Day.I know I had one,bet some of You are saying too bad Fist didn't Crash and Burn.Well guess what Boys and Girls,I was taught well and knew too Keep my Legs Locked 2gether when feeding my Reserve 'Chute out...I'm a RipCord Raider and Alive too talk about it...(LMFAO) :D SEMPER~FORCE~OOHRAH~:flag:

AAV Crewchief
04-13-10, 07:40 AM

She could have gotten her jump wings while in college as part of the ROTC program. The Army ROTC does it all of the time.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-13-10, 05:25 PM
Parachute Rigger instructors also have billets for HALO. Apparently there will be more people going now that some of the burden for schooling is taken off the Army. The Navy is getting some kind of school started and the Marine Corps may put some dollars towards it as well.

Pertinent to the thread, the 1st female Marine graduated from HALO school this month. She got it through the Parachute Rigger Instructor course.:bunny::iwo:

OUTfreakin standing!! Good on 'er. If you have them, post pics for reference (not to see how hot she is LOL but for historical purposes...not something most Marines see every day to be sure). Or a link would work as well. (To an article or pics).

usmcrro
04-21-10, 12:10 AM

S/F
Finger

As far as I know 1st Sgt, females cannot attend Ranger school, thus cannot earn a tab.

wesclimb
09-03-10, 10:06 PM
Wanted to shed some light on this and set some people straight, for some back-ground I am Airborne, Combatant Diver and Military Freefall (HALO) qualified. According to MARINE CORPS ORDER 3120.11 (Parachuting) and MARINE CORPS ORDER 3150.4 (Diving) going to Jump or Dive School in a permissive status (Leave/PTAD) is prohibited. While I don't blame the good Captain for taking the opportunity that presented it self and applaud her for making it through a very tough course. The only legal way for a female Marine to go to Naval Dive School is if she went while a Cadet at the Naval Academy. The Marine Corps only sends it's Marines to one school and there is only one school that if you go you receive Dive Pay and that is Combatant Dive School in Key West FL. and the qualifications to go are provided in the MARINE CORPS ORDER mentioned above.

The Marine Corps doesn't have it's own Jump School but does operate a High Altitude Parachute Course using the Multi Mission Parachute System. It has been open for about three years and trains Marines in High Altitude Low Opening (HALO), High Altitude High Opening (HAHO), and Static Line HAHO. This school is run by a civilian company called Complete Parachute Solutions (CPS) and is over seen by TCOM, it is located about an hour east of Phoenix, AR.

Hope this helps shed some light on these issues.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-03-10, 10:19 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the update.

rheinmark187
09-04-10, 02:13 AM
Wanted to shed some light on this and set some people straight, for some back-ground I am Airborne, Combatant Diver and Military Freefall (HALO) qualified. According to MARINE CORPS ORDER 3120.11 (Parachuting) and MARINE CORPS ORDER 3150.4 (Diving) going to Jump or Dive School in a permissive status (Leave/PTAD) is prohibited. While I don't blame the good Captain for taking the opportunity that presented it self and applaud her for making it through a very tough course. The only legal way for a female Marine to go to Naval Dive School is if she went while a Cadet at the Naval Academy. The Marine Corps only sends it's Marines to one school and there is only one school that if you go you receive Dive Pay and that is Combatant Dive School in Key West FL. and the qualifications to go are provided in the MARINE CORPS ORDER mentioned above.

The Marine Corps doesn't have it's own Jump School but does operate a High Altitude Parachute Course using the Multi Mission Parachute System. It has been open for about three years and trains Marines in High Altitude Low Opening (HALO), High Altitude High Opening (HAHO), and Static Line HAHO. This school is run by a civilian company called Complete Parachute Solutions (CPS) and is over seen by TCOM, it is located about an hour east of Phoenix, AR.

Hope this helps shed some light on these issues.

Looks like she went to naval dive school and basic jump school through the army like other Marines.

DESwiger
09-04-10, 09:24 AM
Combatant Dive School in Key West FL.? What about Naval Base San Diego and Corrinado, CA, where in the early 70's five Marines including myself went to UDT/SEAL school and second class divers school? Or maybe they are not there any more, I have not checked in to that.

FistFu68
09-04-10, 10:54 AM
:usmc: HALO Used too be at Ft.Bragg & Ft.Benning for Force Recon Marines during My Era,and The Rigger School was at Ft.Lee Virginia for all Branches of the U.S.Armed Forces...Leaping Leathernecks S/F :thumbup: :iwo:

Sgt Leprechaun
09-04-10, 05:37 PM
The poster began service, according to his profile, in the 1990's. Likely those schools aren't there anymore?

When all of us are from different eras it makes it more challenging, doesn't it? :)

rheinmark187
09-04-10, 09:52 PM
Combatant Dive School in Key West FL.? What about Naval Base San Diego and Corrinado, CA, where in the early 70's five Marines including myself went to UDT/SEAL school and second class divers school? Or maybe they are not there any more, I have not checked in to that.

It wasn't combat dive school. It was navy diver school.

silverdollar
09-05-10, 06:59 AM
In the 50s DSDS was in Washington DC at the Navy yard. that is where they had the decompression chamber.

PS, DSDS was deep sea diving school.

wesclimb
12-09-10, 03:16 AM
Sorry, just realized I made a mistake, Army Combatant Dive School is in Key West. Marine Combatant Dive School is in Panama City, FL.

AAV Crewchief
12-09-10, 04:05 AM

She could have been in ROTC during college. A friend of mine has a daughter at UF in Army ROTC. The summer between freshman and sophomore year was partly spent at Ft Benning getting jump qualified.

rheinmark187
12-20-10, 02:05 PM
She could have been in ROTC during college. A friend of mine has a daughter at UF in Army ROTC. The summer between freshman and sophomore year was partly spent at Ft Benning getting jump qualified.

The officer I was talking about saw the thread and commented on it. She was given the spot while she was on active duty.