PDA

View Full Version : What MOS is the least likely to be deployed?

MS753951
05-16-07, 11:10 PM
I am just wondering what MOS is the least likely to be deployed.

I want to be an MP once i enlist.

Can someone be an MP and be in the reserves?

I heard somewhere that only certain MOS's are avalible to the reserves.

:flag:

P.s.

I'm not trying to get out of being deployed
i am just wondering

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-16-07, 11:49 PM
I typed out the answer- but then noticed you haven't filled out your profile. That is a rule here. Follow the rules and we'll answer your questions.

MS753951
05-16-07, 11:53 PM
I typed out the answer- but then noticed you haven't filled out your profile. That is a rule here. Follow the rules and we'll answer your questions.

sorry about that.
I forgot to enter the info.

It's taken care of now.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-17-07, 12:06 AM
Great.

No MOS is "least likely" to deploy. There are units that are more/less likely. But every MOS can end up in a warzone if their unit deploys. You could be an admin clerk or a machine gunner- if your unit deploys you're going.

I am not positive, because i don't know where they would be stationed, but I would be shocked if there weren't reserve MPs. The reserves have just about everything. The only factor to prevent you from having any MOS is whether or not there is a unit close enough to you. If you live in Oregon and the MP unit is in Florida it probably won't work out for you.

rvillac2
05-17-07, 01:28 AM
There are definitely reserve MPs. In fact, it's one of those 2yr contract MOS's. : (

rvillac2
05-17-07, 01:29 AM
whoops, hit button too early.
I've heard of reserve MPs doing their drills at local MCB's and MCAS's. They just partner up with the current guard force.

Marine84
05-17-07, 08:27 AM

Jim..................Please insert your laughing frog here for me!!!!

It just KILLS me every time I read "I want to be a Marine but, I don't want to go anywhere, I don't want to leave Susie, and I don't want to be put in a war zone. I DO however want ALLLLLLLL the perks and benefits that come from having the Title and I want to go to school".

:evilgrin: SPARE ME!!!!!!! :evilgrin:

MS753951
05-17-07, 10:58 AM
Jim..................Please insert your laughing frog here for me!!!!

It just KILLS me every time I read "I want to be a Marine but, I don't want to go anywhere, I don't want to leave Susie, and I don't want to be put in a war zone. I DO however want ALLLLLLLL the perks and benefits that come from having the Title and I want to go to school".

:evilgrin: SPARE ME!!!!!!! :evilgrin:
I've only been on this forum for a day or two but it seems you always have something negative to say.(I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe my interpretation is wrong)
I didn't say anywhere in my question that I don't want to be deployed. I know i will be deployed.
Its a question and I feel a legitimate one at that.
If you read the entire question and didn't use selective quoting
you would see that i want to be an MP, which i know will be deployed especially if i do a 2 year active duty contract or a 4 year reserve contract.

rvillac2
05-17-07, 11:08 AM
Jon,
Marine84 will tell you to shove your 'benefit of the doubt.'
E4B and I answered your questions. Take the info and shut your pie hole.

All of the Marines here have been around wannabe's enough to know a lot about you by your questions. Personally, I agree with her assessment. You are not serious about this committment. I don't think anyone seriously considering the 2yr AD contract is serious about a committment to our Corps.
Perhaps the Army is more your speed.

So, either ask another question or keep your opinions about our posts to yourself.

Point of fact: She was talking to us, not you. (of course she was talking ABOUT you!) ha ha ha

MS753951
05-17-07, 11:22 AM
Jon,
Marine84 will tell you to shove your 'benefit of the doubt.'

All of the Marines here have been around wannabe's enough to know a lot about you by your questions. Personally, I agree with her assessment. You are not serious about this committment. I don't think anyone seriously considering the 2yr AD contract is serious about a committment to our Corps.
Perhaps the Army is more your speed.

So, either ask another question or keep your opinions about our posts to yourself.

Point of fact: She was talking to us, not you. (of course she was talking ABOUT you!) ha ha ha

I was just asking a question about it.
I heard about it and was asking a question. I am going to end up doing the 4 year reserves as an MP.
I just dont know how you can make such a general assesment by 100 typed words.
But I do appreciate you answering my questions.

Thanks

MGySgtSki
05-17-07, 11:26 AM
I was just asking a question about it.
I heard about it and was asking a question. I am going to end up doing the 4 year reserves as an MP.
I just dont know how you can make such a general assesment by 100 typed words.
But I do appreciate you answering my questions.

Thanks

You don't see how anyone can make such a general assessment by 100 typed words? Well, it didn't take 100 typed words to make an assessment, it just took 9: "What MOS is the least likely to be deployed?" Think before you speak. You're lucky you got ANY assitance entering here with a lead-in like that.

S/F

Marine84
05-17-07, 11:37 AM

Maybe MY interpretation is wrong??? THIS to me says you're not ready to make the kind of committment it's going to take. I mean, what if you got some big thing planned and then Uncle Sam calls and tells you to pack your bags you're going to "paradise" - what you gonna do? Tampons (Reservists) are being called to AD every day - do you think being one will keep you from all of that?

Oh and the guys were right.........................you CAN shove your benefit of the doubt SIDEWAYS!

MS753951
05-17-07, 11:51 AM
Maybe MY interpretation is wrong??? THIS to me says you're not ready to make the kind of committment it's going to take. I mean, what if you got some big thing planned and then Uncle Sam calls and tells you to pack your bags you're going to "paradise" - what you gonna do? Tampons (Reservists) are being called to AD every day - do you think being one will keep you from all of that?

Oh and the guys were right.........................you CAN shove your benefit of the doubt SIDEWAYS!

If you would quote the whole question instead of bits and pieces of it. maybe it would make more sense?
Can you answer this for me..As an MP would I be very likely to be deployed?(I can answer that for you) YES i would.
So obviously i have chosen my career and I know i will get deployed and i have no problem with that AT ALL.

I was just asking a question. ITS a question.
and yea i am going to join the tampons. because i have other things i want to do with my life and the MARINE Corps will help me to achieve my goals.
IS there anything wrong with using the Marine Corps as a stepping stone to reach my goals? I don't mind being deployed, i have said that numerous times. I was just asking because I have a friend who has been in the Corps for less than 2 years and has already been to Iraq once(his MOS is a radio operator) and another friend who is in Intel for over 3 years(i think approaching 4 in a week or so) and has not been deployed once. anyway i was just wondering if there is any correlation between those two MOS's and the amount of times they have and have not been deployed.

***I didnt want to tell my life story thats why i asked a brief question but if i would have known how much **** you can take for asking a question, I;ll give the whole story next time****

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-17-07, 12:27 PM
IS there anything wrong with using the Marine Corps as a stepping stone to reach my goals?

YES THERE IS

The Marine Corps requires 100% devotion to the Corps. There is no time to worry about other goals. I had many goals as well, and I am reaching many of them now. But, during my time in the Marine Corps those things had to be put on hold. There simply isn't enough time to do everything at once. Sometimes you have to achieve one goal and put the rest on hold. If it is important to you to be a Marine, then be a Marine. If the other goals are more important, go do it instead.

Now, on to the rest of your post. I was a radio operator. One of my best friends was an intel guy. I was home much more than he was. Like I said, it is the unit that matters not the MOS.

And you keep saying 4 year reserve contract. I'm not doubting that they do that. My question is for anyone that knows, when did the reserves start doing 4 year obligations rather than 6?

Marine84
05-17-07, 12:44 PM

As ya'll can see, he's another one that has to have the last word. He hasn't shut up yet! Ain't no use in his asking questions - he'll change his mind and won't go. Or, IF he goes, he won't make it all the way through - they'll break his a$$ in (I'll give it) 3 weeks.

ssgtt32
05-17-07, 01:19 PM
IS there anything wrong with using the Marine Corps as a stepping stone to reach my goals?

like E4B said, YES THERE IS! :evilgrin:

you do this for your country, not yourself! if you want to be an individual go do it on someone elses dime!

and Kim, I give less than 3 weeks, more like 3 hours, because he will want to know where the Spas are and all of the white beaches! :cool:

ggyoung
05-17-07, 01:35 PM
The only stuped question is a queston not ask. Once ansered live with the answer and shut up about it. I do think that your queston has been answered serveral times.

rvillac2
05-17-07, 02:17 PM
=Echo_Four_And you keep saying 4 year reserve contract. I'm not doubting that they do that. My question is for anyone that knows, when did the reserves start doing 4 year obligations rather than 6?

E4B, I'm sure he's mistaken. To my knowledge, there are no 4 year reserve contracts. Only 6+2.

That new Call To Service contract is the tricky one. They can go 2 years Active and any combination of Select Reserve or IRR for the remaining six years. It's my guess that this is a bait and switch contract. How much you wanna bet that the first IRR's involuntarily activated are these guys in the 3rd year of their contract. ha ha ha.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-17-07, 02:29 PM
rvillac, I try not to talk about the 2 year call to service contract because I find it to be insulting. They may as well advertise "Enlist in the Marines and get free job training! No need to actually serve!"

We all know that a big part of your first year is eaten up with boot camp, MCT, MOS school, etc. By the time these people hit the fleet they're already short timers. Just seems like the Marine Corps is getting used. If you aren't willing to commit to a four year enlistment go somewhere else.

rvillac2
05-17-07, 02:37 PM
E4B, Amen. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

From what I've read, the Corps didn't want to comply with mandate from Congress. What I'd like to know is if the recruiters are ordered to fill quotas of these contracts. Personally, I'd discourage anyone from signing up this way.

Zulu 36
05-17-07, 05:32 PM
Many moons ago, two-year AD contracts were a norm, as were three-year contracts. My brother served a three-year contract. I did a four initially, but re-upped and did six years, three months. At the time six-years was the max military obligation, so I was technically done, although I spent 15 more years in the reserves (USMCR and Air Guard).

I'll tell you what MS753951, you asked the wrong question of this group when you asked for the least deployed MOS, even if done innocently (which I doubt). I've got 25 months WESTPAC (including nine in Vietnam), plus five months in Desert Storm, plus bunches of two, three, and four week gigs in European countries, Canada, and the US. And my deployment time is nothing compared to many others on this site.

ggyoung
05-17-07, 06:57 PM
Zulu 36 Many, many moons ago there was also a 30 day reserve. If your job would interfear with the one weekend a month training you could be aloud to serve 30 days a year active duty. This was done at 29 Palms. I was TAD to RLTS. under Col. Wilson (he later was CMC) You should have seen some of these so called Marines. Not worth a damn.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-17-07, 07:39 PM
This was done at 29 Palms. I was TAD to RLTS. under Col. Wilson (he later was CMC) You should have seen some of these so called Marines. Not worth a damn.

I wonder if this is the man that Camp Wilson is named for.

Zulu 36
05-17-07, 08:01 PM
Could be, Gen Wilson got the Blue Max during the invasion of Guam in WWII. They tend to name places after guys like him (CMC & CMH).

MS753951
05-17-07, 08:58 PM
As ya'll can see, he's another one that has to have the last word. He hasn't shut up yet! Ain't no use in his asking questions - he'll change his mind and won't go. Or, IF he goes, he won't make it all the way through - they'll break his a$$ in (I'll give it) 3 weeks.

It was just a question.
Didnt mean for it to get so out of hand.
I apologize. Just for the record I havent quit anything in my life. Im not a quitter and I'll never quit anything i put a commitment into.
Once i join the Marines, a Marine is what I'll be and nothing will stop me from reaching that goal.
Especailly someone like you.

Again sorry for ggetting so out of hand

MS753951
05-17-07, 09:02 PM
YES THERE IS

The Marine Corps requires 100% devotion to the Corps. There is no time to worry about other goals. I had many goals as well, and I am reaching many of them now. But, during my time in the Marine Corps those things had to be put on hold. There simply isn't enough time to do everything at once. Sometimes you have to achieve one goal and put the rest on hold. If it is important to you to be a Marine, then be a Marine. If the other goals are more important, go do it instead.

Now, on to the rest of your post. I was a radio operator. One of my best friends was an intel guy. I was home much more than he was. Like I said, it is the unit that matters not the MOS.

And you keep saying 4 year reserve contract. I'm not doubting that they do that. My question is for anyone that knows, when did the reserves start doing 4 year obligations rather than 6?

E4B,
From your profile it says you were in for 5 years. Is that correct?
You can honestly say that the Marine's didnt help you get to where you are today? and that you had no intention of having the Marines get you where you are today?

I am trying to join the Marine corps for 4 years and become a police officer and eventually move into some form of federal law enforcement.
Now i can honeslty and truly see no problem in serving my country and getting some expierence as a police officer with the Marine Corps.
Thats all the recruiters talk about is job skills this and skills for later.
are you telling me they are wrong also?

Zulu 36
05-17-07, 10:15 PM
Recruiters are trying to get you to sign the papers. They are giving you the basics of what can be gained from being a Marine. Most of what you DO gain depends on what YOU do and what YOU choose to take with you.

Not everything you do as a Marine MP is directly transferable to civilian policing. Some is, some is not. You can't choose to just do the kind of MP work that transfers over. You're doing it all as assigned.

Being a Marine MP never hurt me in my civilian police career except at first. I had to learn to seperate the military only stuff. Once I did that, things went very well.

MS753951
05-17-07, 10:39 PM
Recruiters are trying to get you to sign the papers. They are giving you the basics of what can be gained from being a Marine. Most of what you DO gain depends on what YOU do and what YOU choose to take with you.

Not everything you do as a Marine MP is directly transferable to civilian policing. Some is, some is not. You can't choose to just do the kind of MP work that transfers over. You're doing it all as assigned.

Being a Marine MP never hurt me in my civilian police career except at first. I had to learn to seperate the military only stuff. Once I did that, things went very well.

Well yea,
Once i am a Marine MP i will do it the way the Marines teach police work(one becasue they said so and two becasue its the only way i know) and once i get out of the Marines I will join a police force.

I dont understand what the problem is
with using the Marines as a Way to my goal?
I could join a police department right now if i wanted too
but i want to serve my country first.
whats the harm in that honestly?

rvillac2
05-18-07, 12:11 AM
Ok, kid. Lots of talking, not enough doing.
Why haven't you gone to a recruiter, yet?

You're 22. What have you been doing for the last 4 years?

Zulu 36
05-18-07, 07:21 AM
Well yea,
Once i am a Marine MP i will do it the way the Marines teach police work(one becasue they said so and two becasue its the only way i know) and once i get out of the Marines I will join a police force.

I dont understand what the problem is
with using the Marines as a Way to my goal?
I could join a police department right now if i wanted too
but i want to serve my country first.
whats the harm in that honestly?
OK, great. Police work can be very rewarding. However, from your posts several things jump out at me that you need to fix.

First, words mean things. When writing a police report on an arrest or a crime, accuracy is paramount. When you wrote (paraphrasing) "What is the least deployable MOS?" That statement asked for information on the MOS that was kept at home base the most and least likely to take trips anywhere. Most of the Marine vets took it to mean, how could you avoid combat. Now you claim that was not what you meant.

In a police report you will be held to exactly what you wrote by your bosses, prosecutors, defense attorneys, juries, and judges. Not what you meant. Better be accurate first time out or the heat you took here will be nothing like you'll take on the witness stand. A real dickhead defense attorney will make you look like a total idiot.

Second, the the word "I" is a first-person singular pronoun. It is ALWAYS capitilized regardless of where it appears in a sentence. If you think that is a minor matter, again, write police reports with that little error and see what happens. First your bosses will probably make your re-write the thing. Or, if it gets through, stupid little things like that are what defense attorneys hang their hats on to make you look like an error-making fool. If you make errors in writing reports, God, what kind of errors do you make in arresting people.

See my point? You want to be a cop, improve your writing. In the criminal law biz there is a maxim: "If it isn't in writing, it didn't happen." Unlike TV and the movies, cops spend a LOT of time writing reports and extremly little time out shooting people and beating them up. And if you DO shoot someone, standby for the report writing exercise of all time.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-18-07, 04:12 PM
Honestly, the Marine Corps did help me get where I am I suppose- because it gave me more focus. I did collect the GI bill while I was in college, but paying for an education was never a problem for me. I'm a "trust fund baby" and didn't have to worry about things like that. As for what I do on a day to day basis- there is nothing the Marine Corps could offer that would even come close to what I do.

If you serve and then get out and use what the Marine Corps gave you, there is nothing wrong with that. If you intend to join the Marine Corps as a stepping stone, you're making a horrible decision.

As I've said here before, I know of police departments that will not hire a former MP if they can possibly avoid it. You may want to think about that. Also, from what I've seen the feds and local cops don't get along real well. (And I say that as someone that grew up with a cop in the house- I spent more time in the police station than at home sometimes) If your goal is to be a federal law enforcement officer, then be one. The US Marshalls are always on campus recruiting. Go get your degree (it is more and more important to have one in police work. I know of several departments that require a degree), apply with the agency of your choice, and go do your thing.

You seem to look at things in life as stepping stones. You do a disservice to everything other than your primary goal by doing that.

bootlace15
05-18-07, 04:44 PM
fuk him,the least likely MOS to get deployed is prisoner dickweed. Now shut the hell up and get off this site................................

bootlace15 out

Quinbo
05-18-07, 04:50 PM
fuk him,the least likely MOS to get deployed is prisoner dickweed. Now shut the hell up and get off this site................................

bootlace15 out

Ok I'm still chuckling and am back in my chair. That was a hoot ;)

Good one bootlace :thumbup:

ssgtt32
05-18-07, 04:59 PM
Bootlace, you owe me a new keyboard! :marine:

Ignition
05-18-07, 05:29 PM
lmaooooooooooooo

SgtHMH
05-18-07, 05:33 PM
You join the United States Marine Corps to go to War, every Marine is a Rifleman. There is no MOS that is not going to deployed in the Marine Corps. They are all important to the mission at hand in the Corps. They will all be needed at some point in time in the battle zones. If you don't want to be deployed and serve in the military join the Coast Guard. You will be joining the U.S. Marines and all MOSs support or are grunt units and will be on the front lines. U.S. Marines are Americas combat fighters from Nov 10, 1775 till the present. All the Marines you ask or will ask will feel the same way about your question about being deployed. As a Marine you will be deployed as a state of todays Marine Corps as this War is going on.

Semper Fi

outlaw3179
05-18-07, 07:28 PM
Allright the kids questions been answered. Does anyone have any constructive criticism or anything else of value that will help him achieve his goal?

bootlace15
05-18-07, 08:18 PM
yeah,GET BENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bootlace15 out

outlaw3179
05-18-07, 08:30 PM
Thanks PFC.

konman1
05-20-07, 03:38 PM
[quote=MS753951]Well yea,

Ill tell you what, If your goal is to be a civilian Police Officer, forget about the MPs. Theres a little thing called "escalation of force", It is night and day from the MPs and civie Police and its almost an absolute disqualifier, sorry dude.

maverickmarine
05-20-07, 03:55 PM
yeah,GET BENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bootlace15 out

LMAO!!!! Damn that is some funny ****. I came way too late into all this but I've got some popcorn and beer if this keeps going.:beer:

Zulu 36
05-20-07, 06:14 PM
[quote=MS753951]
Ill tell you what, If your goal is to be a civilian Police Officer, forget about the MPs. Theres a little thing called "escalation of force", It is night and day from the MPs and civie Police and its almost an absolute disqualifier, sorry dude.
What does "escalation of force" have to do with military vs civilian policing? And why does it become a disqualifier?

konman1
05-20-07, 10:36 PM
Most of the rules are pretty much the same, the biggest difference if the caliber of people your dealing with, trained killers as apposed to everyday civilians. Its an almost automatic diqualifier because they dont want have to hope you un-learned bad habbits, they like to start fresh, at least thats what I was told from other former MPs who actually wanted to be civie cops.

SgtHMH
05-20-07, 10:50 PM
Konman1 I'm a Retired State Officer in the line of duty and most departments like personal that have military background. In the Academy you are put in charge if you were in the Corp of the Police...

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-20-07, 11:19 PM
I had forgotten about needing to get shots every time the wind direction changes.

And like I've said before, I know police officers that were MPs, but i also know of departments that try to avoid hiring MPs. Of course, the police departments are full of former military people- the same personality types want to do both, but being an MP can serve as a way out the door as easily as it opens other doors.

Zulu 36
05-21-07, 06:31 AM
Sgt HMH is right. Police departments in general love to have former military people, and especially MPs. Military people bring a lot more strengths to the the police job than weaknesses. Discipline being one of them. On Day One of a police academy class I could spot the former military types without knowing their backgrounds ahead of time.

As Sgt HMH said, former military people almost always get the leadership jobs in the academy. I was my academy class leader and a former Army drill sergeant was my assistant. The Academy director at the time was a Korean War Marine.

Marine military police are trained in civilian-type "escalation of force" when doing law enforcement work because it applies, even in the military. When in a combat zone, doing combat things, they use ROE. Different sets of rules for completely different circumstances. MPs know the difference. The initials MP does not mean Mentally-deficient Person (although some might argue otherwise, but brig rats don't count).

Although MPs have the authority to be stricter about enforcement of certain rules, and an MP's order alone can be law, this is not completely the same in civilian police work. However, it is not a difficult adjustment to make for the vast majority. That's what police academies and Field Training Officer programs are for. Former military are toned down a bit in certain areas, trainees with no military experience are ramped up a bit. No biggie.

OK, E4B knows two guys who say they were rejected becase they were MPs. I suspect they came across poorly on their oral boards, or some other selection criteria such as their physical or psych eval. But that's just two guys - so what.

Konman, you make it sound like it is universally automatic to be rejected. Military people are not just "trained killers" and most PDs know that. Military people are trained to kill only under orders (ROE), just like police officers are with the "escalation of force" principles. Although to be PC, police agencies call it, "stopping the lethal force threat."

MS753951
05-21-07, 09:32 AM
Ok, kid. Lots of talking, not enough doing.
Why haven't you gone to a recruiter, yet?

You're 22. What have you been doing for the last 4 years?

I'm only 20.
I entered my birthday wrong.
I'm currently in college and was thinking about going the PLC or OCS route but have decided against it.
I have talked to a recruiter, when I was in high school but I went to a military high school, which didn't really allow recruiters on campus.
If people were interested in joining the service.
the school wanted them to talk to the ARMY JROTC and they usually were against joining the service because they wanted us to go to college.
A friend of mine joined the marines and just finished a tour in Iraq and he keeps trying to talk me out of joining.
But its something I want to do.
I was talking to an OCS/PLC recruiter but am trying to decide what I want to do, and which route to take.
I read on this site about MP's being rejected as possible civilian police officers and I don't want to get DQ' ed because I was an MP.
In that case I may try to become a helicopter pilot for the Marine Corps and eventually go reserves after 4 years and fly helicopters for a police department after the 2 year probationary period.
But as of right now I'm still trying to figure it out and don't want to waste recruiters time if I'm uncertain.

MS753951
05-21-07, 09:35 AM
You join the United States Marine Corps to go to War, every Marine is a Rifleman. There is no MOS that is not going to deployed in the Marine Corps. They are all important to the mission at hand in the Corps. They will all be needed at some point in time in the battle zones. If you don't want to be deployed and serve in the military join the Coast Guard. You will be joining the U.S. Marines and all MOSs support or are grunt units and will be on the front lines. U.S. Marines are Americas combat fighters from Nov 10, 1775 till the present. All the Marines you ask or will ask will feel the same way about your question about being deployed. As a Marine you will be deployed as a state of todays Marine Corps as this War is going on.

Semper Fi

I have no problem going to war.
I want to be an MP.
I explained the reason for the question earlier.

I apologize for the misinterpretation(which was my fault)
In the future I will reread the question to make sure it cant misinterpreted.

MS753951
05-21-07, 09:42 AM
If you serve and then get out and use what the Marine Corps gave you, there is nothing wrong with that. If you intend to join the Marine Corps as a stepping stone, you're making a horrible decision.

You seem to look at things in life as stepping stones. You do a disservice to everything other than your primary goal by doing that.

I understand where your coming from. I really do, but its not like I am going to any less of a job with the Marine Corps then I would with the a Police Department. I will do the very best job I can with both careers.
I want to join the Marines to serve my country along with getting skills that I can use later in life. Such as discipline, job skills and so on.

MS753951
05-21-07, 09:48 AM
OK, great. Police work can be very rewarding. However, from your posts several things jump out at me that you need to fix.

First, words mean things. When writing a police report on an arrest or a crime, accuracy is paramount. When you wrote (paraphrasing) "What is the least deployable MOS?" That statement asked for information on the MOS that was kept at home base the most and least likely to take trips anywhere. Most of the Marine vets took it to mean, how could you avoid combat. Now you claim that was not what you meant.

In a police report you will be held to exactly what you wrote by your bosses, prosecutors, defense attorneys, juries, and judges. Not what you meant. Better be accurate first time out or the heat you took here will be nothing like you'll take on the witness stand. A real dickhead defense attorney will make you look like a total idiot.

Second, the the word "I" is a first-person singular pronoun. It is ALWAYS capitilized regardless of where it appears in a sentence. If you think that is a minor matter, again, write police reports with that little error and see what happens. First your bosses will probably make your re-write the thing. Or, if it gets through, stupid little things like that are what defense attorneys hang their hats on to make you look like an error-making fool. If you make errors in writing reports, God, what kind of errors do you make in arresting people.

See my point? You want to be a cop, improve your writing. In the criminal law biz there is a maxim: "If it isn't in writing, it didn't happen." Unlike TV and the movies, cops spend a LOT of time writing reports and extremly little time out shooting people and beating them up. And if you DO shoot someone, standby for the report writing exercise of all time.

I agree. I haven't been paying close attention to my grammar or spelling or anything like that.
I was in a rush to get it all typed out(which isn't an excuse.) I will make a real conscious effort to correct all those types of mistakes from here on out.

As far as the MOS question goes. Once again I am sorry for the question. I didn't mean any harm by it. As I have explained earlier, the reason for the question which I should have stated in the beginning of the post. I know I have offended some people who have been deployed and I am also sorry for that. I meant no disrespect.

I am trying to correct the problem. If there is anything else I can do, to correct the problem. Please let me know.

konman1
05-21-07, 10:20 AM
I was only repeating what I was told, I never had any want to be a civi cop.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-21-07, 12:25 PM
Zulu, it runs a little deeper than two guys that could have messed up oral boards. But, I will defer to you. I am sure you have been on both sides of the oral boards and you know what to look for. I just know what I have been told- and we both know that being told is far from the same as doing something.