PDA

View Full Version : Attention All Marines!

rickfjr74
05-14-07, 06:05 PM
Some kid in my class and ALLOT of people (and teachers) in school hate Marines, criticize them, spread rumors such as "baby killers"/rapers(some of this is coming from a teacher) I just wanted to ask all you Marines (and poolees too) what you like to say to these people? Don't leave anything out and feel free to say anything and everything!!!;) :mad: P.S. THIS IS GOING TO BE PRINTED OUT AND SHOWED TO ALL THOSE SUCKAS!!!!!:evilgrin: LOL

davblay
05-14-07, 06:52 PM
Every generation has it's own War, and your War is in Iraq! There are people that do not approve if the war ot anything to do with it. My War was Viet Nam, there was the Hippies, draft dodgers, etc.. It always starts out with peaceful demonstrations then it leads to violance! Over the years it gets progressively worse until the bottom drops out. When I traveled on public tranportation, ie bus, train, plane, I had to either travel in civies or be prepared to smack some poor degenerate in the mouth. I was called Baby killer, woman raper, plus a few you haven't heard yet, but probably will soon. The poeple refuse to understand that we are Marines, sworn to do our duty to our country and our Commander in Chief, and we will do so at all cost. Reguardless of what they call you or say about you and the Military, it isn't a personal thing! They are just tired of the war, don't want to get drafted, had some one killed in the family, whatever! It's always the same thing, only a different time. I was spit on, slapped by little old ladies, shoved down, kicked, and called everything but a human being! Am I bitter, yes! Do I forgive them, of course! Will I forget-----HELL NO! As far as what to do, well just hold your head up and keep your cool. You don't want to lower yourself to thier level of stupitity! They have every right to say and do the things they say and do, as you have to right and duty to defend that right! I know it is a bitter pill to swallow, but you will prove to be the better man if you try to look the other way! You will get no where arguing with them! There are to many, and you won't win! Just do what your heart tells you to do and hope that time will heal this stigma----again!

My war lasted 10 long years------ this one is well on the way to that! So expect it to get worse. I will say that, as of now, the majority of the people support our troops, and that is good in that they don't personally blame us for the war! They seem to understand that we are simply doing our jobs, but even that will fade as time goes by! You will find that most of the time, the people crowing the loudest are the ones that know the least about it! Thay simply listen to the news or read the newspaper and come to thier own conclusions! They have no idea that the very rights they are enjoying---we paid for with our blood and sacrifice! They haven't got a clue! As far as your teacher goes, well maybe he/she just missed his/her calling when he/she was younger or he/she wasn't old anough for my war, who knows? There are people that are decendants of the anti war Viet Nam era that are strong against this war, look around they are there! We don't force our way of life on them, we fight for thier right to protest in whatever they want to wear or however they want to dress. It's America, a Free Country, thanks to us! So suck it up my young brother, you ain't seen nothing yet! But don't allow them to drag you into trouble with the law. Keep your head high and consider the source. Remember, they are doing this because we gave them the right! They can't say that we didn't. They will hide behind thier constitutional rights however! The ACLU will insure that!

I know it's hard to turn the other cheek, but you have to remember you are the minoprity in your situation, so treat it accordingly! Good luck and May GOD Bless.

rickfjr74
05-14-07, 06:56 PM
Thanks DAV that was an inspiring and sad but true story......but I cant help but arguing with them...!!!!!!!!!

rickfjr74
05-14-07, 06:57 PM
Because You Can't Blame The Marines For This War

rickfjr74
05-14-07, 06:58 PM
messed up post reason...didnt finish writing wat i was saying...

rickfjr74
05-14-07, 06:59 PM
I HATE it they are so ignorant to the truth and just cuz three Marines did something wrong they stereotype the whole CORE!

davblay
05-14-07, 07:00 PM
Just remember that you want to be one of us! The FEW, The PROUD, The MARINES! It would be a shame to get scrapped because you couldn't hold your temper before you ship, now wouldn't it? ;)

davblay
05-14-07, 07:01 PM
Think outside of the box! Don't let them intimidate you! Thier goal is to distroy your dream!

rickfjr74
05-14-07, 07:02 PM
Yes Sir it would!...but isn't that what a Marine would do?... Rip the guy apart lol..

davblay
05-14-07, 07:03 PM
But You Ain't A Marine----yet!

rickfjr74
05-14-07, 07:04 PM
I know sir..just saying... and they're gunna have a hard time ruining MY dream!!!!

davblay
05-14-07, 07:08 PM
Make it a KODAC moment, memorize them------What goes around -------comes around! Time will allow you to prove yourself to any and all that want to challenge you, but not now!

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-14-07, 07:55 PM
It happens. I honestly usually don't pay attention to people that say those things. When I do respond it is pretty hash and not something I am going to post here.

mrbsox
05-14-07, 09:07 PM
"YOUR WELCOME" is basically what I say (have only had to say once). It took the wind right out of his sails and put the 'deer in the headlights' look on his face.

And then reminded him that every Veteran served to ensure his right to be able to speak his mind, and it is God given right to be a "narrow minded dumb ass".

And walk off. You CANNOT hope to argue with someone like that and win. Just leave him feeling stupid and embarrased in front of everybody.

I HATE it they are so ignorant to the truth and just cuz three Marines did something wrong they stereotype the whole CORE!
There is a "P" in Corps.

Marine84
05-15-07, 08:12 AM
These guys are right rick - you'll always hear something like that. With the guys - they're rapists and killers - with us females - we're all lesbians or sluts. Hold your head high, go to bootcamp, get the Title and go back and SHOW them the change - you won't HAVE to say a word!

killerinstinct
05-15-07, 08:29 AM
People are simply ignorant. You will probably see things and obtain a different perspective than majority of people in this country will.

Probalby most people in your class will never elave their state or city or even country and mexico and canada doesnt not count.

Just pay no attnetion although it is sad your teacher is sharing things its not very profesional. You will see when you come back home to visit you will find yourself a bit different than your high school friends your priorities change and so will your point of view.

I tend to think most people in the military become more of a realist after their enlistment. There are some exceptions and not that it's a glorious thing there are plenty of *******s and rocks in service. You cant change everyones mind.

David Jameson
06-27-07, 12:12 PM
Man make a mistake and kill 10 or whatever little rug rats and they will not let it go.No credit for marksmanship,nothing Bawaaaaaaa .I really don't give a **** .Don't get all bentout of shape.

DWG
06-27-07, 01:10 PM
When someone starts on the "baby killing" or "mad dog rapist" spiel, just tell them;

"Just one more service we offer at no extra cost" :thumbup:

or

"We do it so you don't have to!" ;)

Never feel you have to apologize or make excuses to these slackers for the Marine Corps!

jpal3451
06-29-07, 08:58 AM
Some kid in my class and ALLOT of people (and teachers) in school hate Marines, criticize them, spread rumors such as "baby killers"/rapers(some of this is coming from a teacher) I just wanted to ask all you Marines (and poolees too) what you like to say to these people? Don't leave anything out and feel free to say anything and everything!!!;) :mad: P.S. THIS IS GOING TO BE PRINTED OUT AND SHOWED TO ALL THOSE SUCKAS!!!!!:evilgrin: LOL

lots of teachers tend to lean towards the Liberal side, The USMC is a VERY conservative military institution. With that said, such stereotypes are natural and to be expected at times...Don't sweat it. 99/100 people that I have met as a Marine show nothing but respect and gratitude.