PDA

View Full Version : Active Duty affecting my MOS?

rickfjr74
05-14-07, 05:18 PM
Alrite here's the scoop, at school today I was talkin to this kid who already took the ASVAB test and all....hes 16 and he said he wanted to be a Marine. But he told me he gave up on that and is goin for the Army due to the fact that if you go active in the Marines you "mite not get the MOS you want" which in his case, his MOS, and also mine,is infantry. The difference between him and me is I want to be a Marine no matta what MOS i "mite" get and he doesn't have the heart and determination to be a true Marine. So is it true "You mite not get the MOS you want" if you go active. Because I want to go active 0300 and not only that but be a MARINE and not just "give up" on the Core. Heck, I always dreamt of getting an eagle globe and anchor on my forearm when, and if, I earn the title and when I heard about the tattoo policy it didn't faze me....I'll jus get it somewhere else.;)

rickfjr74
05-14-07, 05:20 PM
sorry, my bad, I put 0300 instead of 0311...lol typo...how'd I do that?...

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-14-07, 08:01 PM
There is no promise that you will get the MOS you want. You sign up and are assigned by the needs of the Corps. They do allow you to select your field. So, you will know that you're going to be infantry, but not which particular MOS you will have.

Go to the poolee forum and read Accord's post about how jobs were assigned at SOI. He makes it pretty clear that if you want to be an 11, you will be an 11.

Please note, it is Corps, not core.

killerinstinct
05-15-07, 08:34 AM
hell learn the army has good people but for the most part they are mostly **** birds same with the air force too. One of my experiences when i went to the exchange on kadena had a few air force guys they just make comments like ooohrah devil dog much like the same way if you wlak through a ghetto and poverished area of town people with 40's cept they wore an air force uniform.

alaskan03
05-16-07, 07:41 PM
You will be guaranteed your occupational field, but you will not be guaranteed your MOS. Choose Combat Arms and you have a 90% chance of becoming a grunt.
Semper Fi