PDA

View Full Version : What's the maximum body fat % can you have??

HurricaneRJ
05-12-07, 03:06 PM
The reason I'm asking this question is because right now I'm at 250lbs. Just yesterday I was measured for my height and now the requirement for me is to be 225lbs.

For me to loose another 25lbs to DEP in and be 205lbs to ship out. I would look like I survived the holocaust.
I come from a big boned family, I have broad broad shoulders, played football and plus being 72" I don't look fat at all, I see guys 5'7" and got love handles and man breast. I have neither, not to mention I weighed 307lbs last August, and gradually lost the weight over time.

The reason I'm asking is because compared to my twin brother who is 225 (just out of Army Infantry Training). he looks skinny, he is smaller than the Marines who just got back from boot camp.

Is there a way to get around it, because time for me is running out, I don't much to go before I'm financially broke, I would like to know before I hit rock bottom, because I may have to put the Marines on hold for about two years.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-12-07, 05:05 PM
First, it is possible to go get a job while you're working on being able to enter the DEP. If you can't survive on the money you would make then you'll have a hard time surviving on the pay of a Private.

Now, the body fat is 18%. It is measured with the tape measure method which will give a different result than a caliper. That said, I don't know if it is used for people trying to enter the DEP or recruit training. I never saw it happen, but that does not mean it isn't.

I don't know how the percent is calculated, but I do have a program that will measure it for me. If you PM me your height to the nearest 1/2 inch, neck measurement, and abdominal measurement at your belly button I can let you know where you stand.

HurricaneRJ
05-12-07, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the help Cpl. I'm in the process of finding the tape now, just got 8,000 sqft of house to look around.

Also, I have a job, its just that Gas and food and rent are killing me. Especially the Gas $3.00!

I'll send you my results soon.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-12-07, 06:05 PM
I know it can be rough. But, you can make it work if you really want it. I'll get you the results as soon as I get your measurements.