PDA

View Full Version : Gangs in the military.

Jarheadtanker
05-12-07, 10:34 AM
Please check out this video I found at liveleak.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=eac_1178897502

I would like for the poolies in general to have a look at this and know that the "old Corps." is what its all about. We embrace new tech in order to be a more efficient killing force, but we are gentlemen (and ladies). We have it all. We are the very best of friends and the worst of enemies. We fight for noble causes; defend the innocent. To simply join the military just to be in a street gang tarnishes the military as a whole. It makes for a disturbing picture. People are against the war and not many are enlisting. The ones that are doing it for gang purposes are preparing the US for a very ugly social problem that, if not fixed, has the potential for unmitigated violence towards the innocent citizens of our country.

FistFu68
05-12-07, 10:46 AM
:evilgrin: BRING IT ON PUNK'S,THERE ARE 2 MILLION 'NAM VET'S;GO A'HEAD MAKE OUR DAY???:evilgrin:

jetdawgg
05-12-07, 12:34 PM
Once again this is a display that the current policy of this administration is unsustainable. Please support our troops:usmc:

Sgt Leprechaun
05-13-07, 01:00 PM
What are you babbling about? This is the current administrations fault.....HOW????

Support WHICH troops I wonder?

OLE SARG
05-13-07, 05:04 PM
Sounded like support for the sheetheads!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Zulu 36
05-13-07, 06:10 PM
I suppose David's killing of Goliath was the fault of the current administration too.

But anyway, gang members have been in the military for as long as I've been associated. My boot camp platoon had at least one and I knew a few others later on. Some where there trying to change their stars, others were likely getting advanced training for the street. Some were good Marines, some weren't.

I'm guessing that these days there is a little more plan to certain gangs sending members to serve, such as MS-13. It is a bit tough for some these gang members to maintain the self-discipline required in the military and many are bumped for inability to adjust. Others manage to stick around for a complete enlistment.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-13-07, 06:40 PM
I served with a member of the Chicago "Latin Kings". Good Marine, too. In 1999. I guess we'll have to blame BOY CLINTON for that one.

Unless somehow Karl Rove went to Chicago, and enlisted my buddy as some sort of early plot that I am unaware of. THAT must be it. Because certainly, Clinton isn't responsible for anything.

SgtHMH
05-13-07, 09:08 PM
Well I'm a Marine Veteran and Retired State Police Officer, So I'm one of those Marine and Cop both in one. I did my duty on both sides of the fence per say.

Semper Fi

Once A Marine, Always A Marine
Retired State Cop

New York
03-14-09, 08:31 PM
I stumbled upon this after researching the matter, only because my curiosity was sparked when the wanna-be recruiters and poolees walking in, with no show of respect. Beanies, hats (fit-its) and du-rags and etc all on and wanting to inquire on being Marines.

Perhaps it's me and since I was brought up differently, hat or any sort of cover came off before walking into a building or any institution of any sort. I wouldn't even imagine walking into my recruiters office with a beard that is two days old.

It saddens me to think that such bull**** exist in the Corps...

It seems it worse in the US Army than it is even nearly a problem as it may be in the Marine Corps.

SgtThrasher
03-14-09, 09:30 PM
A disturbing thought that there is 1% gang members on active duty.I bet the lowest percentile are in the Corps.

Wyoming
03-14-09, 10:11 PM
Please explain -

1. Wanna-be recruiters??

2. poolees are NOT in the Marine Corps. They are simply misguided and have not been to boot, as yet, so how does it 'exist' in the Marines?

3. What do you base 'it'' on as you say 'it' is worse in the army.

PaidinBlood
03-14-09, 10:48 PM
I've known a few who walked away from that life and gave good service. Honestly, entry level training is not that serious. The really dangerous guys they keep an eye on. The guy who brags about killing you in 20 ways with his pinky or shooting down airliners with a bolt-action-disregard and kick promptly in the pecker.

As for the Corps, as long as NCOs do their job and get to know their Marines we can avoid incidents while on active duty (like the Andres Raya clown-what a joker-good riddance). How many people go ape$hit on a regular basis with NO military training whatsoever? The clown in AL who had failed at being a Marine and a cop? The KID in Germany who just F-d up his old school? Alarmist trash from an old post.

New York
03-14-09, 10:51 PM
Sorry Cpl. BigAl it was a typo on the Recruiters, i meant Recruits. Yes sir, I am well aware that poolees are not in your Corps, nor am I.

All due respect sir, I was basing my statement about the gang sitution in the Army on what I was told by my SSgt/Sgt. As well as the video that was provided in this thread. I did further reading online on the matter and such corresponding information on several others sites confirmed it, sir.

I can provide them if anyone is interested, the articles talk about such behaviors and activities existing state-side and overseas.

richerich
03-14-09, 10:57 PM
I now see why that the "no gang tattoo policy" makes sense.

thewookie
03-14-09, 11:25 PM
All you need is a little pre-screening and a good Marine Sgt. to get rid of the gangs. If we can't deal with them, the few who pass through, then you are not worth your stripes.

I will wear those MFers out, you think you're hard, come see the wookie.

The best and baddest gang in the world is the USMC.

semperfiman
03-15-09, 12:24 AM
your right wookie nothing fearsome than a gang of Marines Semper Fi

twomarinesmom
03-15-09, 03:53 PM
Please do not lump all marines of gangs in one group.

For some, this was there only way out of that life. For the first time they had to learn discipline. They will learn many useful tools in changing their life.

Not everyone makes it through, however the few, the proud do make it and it is a life changing event.

Lets face it there is good and bad every where. We want our military, especially the Marines to be perfect, but that will never happen.

One time I felt that no military person could do wrong. I had put them on a pedestal all my life. Then experienced identity theft (larceny) from a fellow military person.

It is not possible to weed out all bad people.

Focus on the positive, not the negative. Be aware and cautious, but be positive and believe.

HurricaneRJ
03-16-09, 01:16 PM
All the black guys in my boot camp platoons were either a crip or a blood. I was something different. I'll admit, I had an rebelious childhood as a teenager, just glad had someone to rear my ass around the right way.

I have seen a group of Marines on youtube claim to be bloods stationed in Okinawa. ****ed me off so much, to think that they're set comes before the Corps but it's their choice.

I'm no longer rolling in a clique persay but I still have a "Take no bull****" attitude. Doesn't hurt me at all, every SNCO and NCO knows that they can come to me when something needs to be done.

awbrown1462
03-16-09, 01:36 PM
May come down to "the USA the best trained gangs in the world".... that being said I do belong to a gang the best there is we bleed green and our gang sign is fingers to the brim of our Caps we call ourselfs Marines