PDA

View Full Version : This is a sad day.

003XXMarineDAD
05-11-07, 10:49 PM
This is a sad day for me. I have asked to be banned from leatherneck do to the fact I can not keep my nose out of posting in the site on things that make my blood boil.
As many of you know I have one son serving and one young man that lived with us for a year also serving in the Marine Corps.
I have posted the last two weeks in places I should have not. I guess my right to responed to some of the stuff that has been put on here is not allowed.
I feel that yes I never earned the right because I never have served but I do feel I have the right to stand up and support my son. To which some have made a issue to the moderaters here in the last two weeks.
I will still do my part in my support for the Marine Corps in being a associate member in our local MCL.
I will stand on the street corners with My flag and signs in support of the troops and call a deafocrat a surrender monkey when it calls for it.
I wish you all the best and end this by says " GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES AND HER ARMED FORCES"
MarineDad.

greensideout
05-11-07, 11:12 PM
No, don't go anywhere! Forget the ban because there is no reason to ban a true supporter of the Marine Corps. If you have done something that you feel is wrong, join the club.
You are a respected member here and we expect you to be here with your views. If someone takes issue with your posts tell them to "Tell it to the Marines!" :marine:

GSO

Dave Coup
05-12-07, 01:21 AM
Concur with GSO. Hang in there.

Dave

jinelson
05-12-07, 01:34 AM
I understand where 0300XXMarineDad is coming from. This is the best Marine site on the net. A few of the 10% forked up the whole community. I myself am sick and tired of the daily anti troop, anti Marine and anti government threads made by a minority. I'm tired of reading PM's from those that thought enough of me and us to say goodbye and their leaving has nothing to do with the site or me, but rather a few malcontents that chose to troll this site. Good long standing members are leaving us because they feel the site has been taken over by the enemy who slipped through our wire a couple of months ago. As a Marine I will take appropriate actions and responsibility to correct this situation. To those that have followed me OORAH!! To those who have a mission to destroy this site, our nation and our troops mission FUK YOU! Please post your thoughts and suggestions.

Jim

CHOPPER7199
05-13-07, 02:46 AM
Wow, Ruffled Some Feathers Did Ya Pal? Good For You. A Man Stays And Fights So Hang In There, Were Beside Ya. Chit, I Took Alot On Many Yrs Ago About Some Chit And Still Stand Strong On It As You Know. Hope To See Ya In A Month Or So.

Jedidiahh
06-01-07, 04:10 PM
003XXMarineDAD, I just joined as a new member. Stay put. I am going to be a Marine Dad as soon as my son graduates Boot Camp on July 20th in San Diego. I want to hear it straight, not curved. Our Military sons and the Marines on this site have and are standing up for your right of expression, and opinion.
Tell it like it is. If not you, then who? This is also part of the fight for Liberty and Freedom. OohRah for all Marines. God Bless you all. Herman

Art Petersn
06-01-07, 05:07 PM
003XXMarineDAD stay put. I don't often post but I think you should stay put for the duration.

artymarine
06-01-07, 05:36 PM
03 dad, stay with us Buddy. I agree with JINELSON, this site is being overrun with Bush bashers and America haters. I will back you up on any course you take. And if anyone knows how I can block certain posters, please let me know, I have heard about enough sh*t from them.

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the Lord my strenght, which teacheth by ands to war and my fingers to fight....Semper Fi

Osotogary
06-01-07, 05:40 PM
003XXMarineDAD-
Stick around. Do you know how long it took me to type your name right? Yes, years! LOL. Please reconsider.
Gary

Osotogary
06-01-07, 06:06 PM
I have asked to be banned from leatherneck do to the fact I can not keep my nose out of posting in the site on things that make my blood boil.

003XXMarineDAD-
I just re-read your post's second sentence (see above). As I understand your sentence, YOU are banning yourself from this website. Am I correct? How about a "lurking" period instead of a self imposed ban? I have always enjoyed your input because they contribute to the dynamics of this website, even though, perhaps, your thoughts may not be inline with every member on certain matters at certain times. Who says that we have to all think alike? I like the idea of a common goal regarding our troops, country and political leadership but I understand that there are many, many, viable yet different roads to get to the common goal which for me means, in simple terms, a strong democracy and a land of the free.
The dymanics of this website depends on the courteous and well meaning contributions of all members ...yours included.
Sh*tcan your idea of banning yourself from this website. Grab a Colorado brew, sit your arse down, and start preparing your next Leatherneck.com post.
Adios from South Florida.
Gary

hrscowboy
06-01-07, 06:33 PM
WTF are parents of Marines not allowed to speak their views on how there children are being treated or whats going on in this damnnn world... Give me a fukin break i am a parent of 2 sons that are Marines and I am a Marine and the first one that tells me i cant say anything about what my sons are doing or anyone elses son you better stand the fuk by cause we are gonna rumble..Marine or No Marine. if it wasnt for Marine Parents there wouldnt be any Marines.. enuff said..

GySgtRet
06-01-07, 07:45 PM
Steady your course do not waiver one inch. We are family here even moms and dads, heck without you we wouldn't be here. At least not as strong and colorful as we get sometimes. I have had a sickening feeling that this would happen. I am not going to quite the site but I will lurk about. I thought of no coming back for the same reasons that you have stated. NAW I am not going to give the satisfaction of that. I will have a opportunity and I will attack it is a Marines' nature to strike at a target of opportunity. Like the MGySgt stated, we are behind you and if need be we will lead the attack, not a problem at all.

Marine84
06-01-07, 08:04 PM
Since I'm about the only female I guess I'll be in the rear with the gear on this one but still supporting. Don't go because of haters - they just do it to see whose buttons can be pushed - it's just to keep their threads moving, you know?

semperfi170
06-01-07, 08:43 PM
As I have PM'd you in the past about this -- Stay the course, do not ban yourself or go away. I support what the others have posted on this thread before me. I'll say this if you go away the s***heads will have one and will continue on to their next target.

semperfi170
06-01-07, 08:44 PM
As I have PM'd you in the past about this -- Stay the course, do not ban yourself or go away. I support what the others have posted on this thread before me. I'll say this if you go away the s***heads will have one and will continue on to their next target.

mark king
06-01-07, 09:02 PM
dont go anywhere, fu#k them that dont like what you are saying!!!

OldMarineMom
06-01-07, 10:33 PM
"I have posted the last two weeks in places I should not have. I guess my right to respond to some of the stuff that has been put on here is not allowed."

003XXMarineDAD, Just recently, I made the "mistake" of posting a response in one of the forums that I'm obviously not allowed to post in, because my post was rudely deleted with a "Not a Marine....NO SAY"! My father was a WWII Marine, I have a brother that served in the Marines during 'Nam, and my son is now currently serving over in Iraq, as a MARINE, but I was never a Marine, so I also have no say, so don't feel alone, MarineDAD!

You are a GUEST on a MARINE SITE..winky wink
Ellie

Marinewannabe15
06-01-07, 11:14 PM
I first off wanna say that Marine dad needs to say (i know im just a poolee but i wanted to give my support.) And I have a quick question for Jim nelson....I didnt quite understand what u said up there, are you saying you dont want poolees so post threads that say their leaving for basic? i probably miss understood but im leaving in 22 days so i just wanted to get it right before i go.

jebollenbach
06-01-07, 11:16 PM
I guess I am still too new here to understand where some are allowed to post and some are not. I thought we all fought for the right of free speech. If we start telling people where they can and can't post isn't that censorship?

I spent 20 years in the Corps, and I believe the hardest job in the Corps is that of our families staying at home and worrying if we will come home or not. Like most of you when I went on deloyment I got it in my mind I might not come back because that was my job. Our families don't have the luxury.

MarineDad and MarineMom God bless you and keep on talking.

grizzly
06-01-07, 11:24 PM
Wait a minute,somebody somewhere is missing something.I always believed that we marines fought for the right to free speech even if it was a helluva thing to choke down.No 2 men ever agree a 100% of the time.Why should you refrain from saying your piece,just because someone feels like you are peeing in their wheaties.I defend their right to be stupid also.Now if this self imposed exile is a form of protest,I dont get it..How is silence gonna bring people to listen to a contridictory opinion.I would mistake silence for apathy,but thats just how I am.If you truly believe in what you are saying stand your ground..If your trying to just be a butt head and express an opinion not popular,just for the sake of arguing,and not feel whole heartedly about the issue being discussed..:mad: GO AWAY

pscolvin
06-07-07, 09:08 AM
I Hope it's not too late to say this, but our Marines need your voice. Please stick around.

003XXMarineDAD
06-07-07, 11:40 AM
Ater long thought and talking with our son on his predepolymnet leave I will be damned if I will sit back and not respond when I feel it is deserved and plan on not going away with out a fight.
:D

jinelson
06-07-07, 11:48 AM
OORAH!!!

thedrifter
06-07-07, 02:17 PM
Ater long thought and talking with our son on his predepolymnet leave I will be damned if I will sit back and not respond when I feel it is deserved and plan on not going away with out a fight.
:D

I thought it was only woman that can change their minds....;) :D

Glad to see You...

Ellie

Phantom Blooper
06-07-07, 03:04 PM
Dale,

Glad to see you return1 Sent you a PM when you wrote this original post and am glad you changed your mind!

Semper-Fi! Chuck Hall:evilgrin:

JinxJr
06-07-07, 03:05 PM
OK, I think I have this straight! Here we are at "Leatherneck.com". The "MARINE CORPS COMMUNITY for USMC Veterans" (see top of page). My understanding is that this is a place for Marines and their families and friends to congregate on-line to share experiences, stories, etc., keep up with what's going on in The Corps today, to support the MARINE CORPS and each other. One big, happy, warm-fuzzy Brotherhood (assume context to be gender neutral). Nowhere have I seen a statement by the moderators that opinions are not allowed or that politics, anti-war issues and Marine bashing IS allowed.

More often than should be the case now, there is more time and effort spent on debate of politics, who's opinion counts, who's opinion is right or wrong and infantile bickering. We're getting away from the reasons we've come here in the first place. If a post compels you to respond, either to agree or "challenge", that's you're privilege if you're in a place your member status permits you to be in. There are some who appear to be here for no other purpose than to promote agendas contrary to the intended purpose of this site. I suggest, since their existence here is condoned that instead of entertaining them by engaging in antics and banter that aggrivates, avoid them and refuse to acknowledge their presence. There are places...other places to go for liberal, left-wing political debate. GO THERE! dick4brains.org will never have a member shortage. (If there's no such place for them, there should be) In any case...leaving here because you're fed up with refugees from reality is counterproductive. Over 40,000 members...a dozen malcontents. Who should be leaving?

jetdawgg
06-07-07, 03:16 PM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/post_usmc_device.jpg

I earned the right to speak here as much as anyone else. Nowhere on the site does it say that you have to be a cheerleader to post

Osotogary
06-07-07, 03:25 PM
dick4brains.org
I wonder what their logo looks like?

Welcome back 003XX! Sure is nice to know that there still is some starch left in your lapel. LOL

jetdawgg
06-07-07, 03:29 PM
I heard it looks like an elephant:D

JinxJr
06-07-07, 03:34 PM
Methinks thou doest protest too loudly. I mentioned no names and, as I've always said, I defend everybody's right to do just that...speak as much as you like. Admittedly, I do not agree with many of your opinions. That doesn't mean you're not entitled to them. I'm not going to argue with you about them, we shall just agree to disagree but I hold my point that there are other places for some of the material posted here by some of the members. Read into that what you will. I've never singled you or anybody else out for things I don't agree with. As a Marine (past or present), you have earned a degree of respect that I'll not throw mud at. How you maintain the respect you've earned is yours to manage. Anyway, I'll never be a good cheerleader...don't have the legs for it.

Robert Browell
06-07-07, 03:35 PM
I don,t think anyone on this site is is afraid to voice their opinion,nor should they be:mad: As a Marine and a vet I say Bullcrap!I don't think we need to go overboard with the cussin(everybody knows we're the champions in that catagory!!)As far as Bush bashing,or antiwar B.S.,well that's just what it isB.S.!!!:flag: :yes:

jetdawgg
06-07-07, 03:43 PM
Robert most are afraid to post here against the war. 60% + don't think the 'troop surge' will work (see front page of site) yet the voices you see are mostly from the 25% who do.

The numbers speak for themselves:usmc:

jetdawgg
06-07-07, 03:47 PM
Methinks thou doest protest too loudly. I mentioned no names and, as I've always said, I defend everybody's right to do just that...speak as much as you like. Admittedly, I do not agree with many of your opinions. That doesn't mean you're not entitled to them. I'm not going to argue with you about them, we shall just agree to disagree but I hold my point that there are other places for some of the material posted here by some of the members. Read into that what you will. I've never singled you or anybody else out for things I don't agree with. As a Marine (past or present), you have earned a degree of respect that I'll not throw mud at. How you maintain the respect you've earned is yours to manage. Anyway, I'll never be a good cheerleader...don't have the legs for it.

Hey, I don't mind being singled out. I have been banned already for a few weeks. This site clearly promotes those who are pro war, pro republican.

Inspite of what the numbers state on the home page about the 'troop surge'

mcooke
06-07-07, 03:57 PM
03 marine Dad hold your ground, Chesty would!!!! Don't take sh&t from anyone, I got your back.

Semper Fi
Mike Cooke

Remember
"You don't hurt em if you don't hit em"
Chesty Puller

hmckinley
06-07-07, 04:20 PM
dick4brains.org
I wonder what their logo looks like?

Welcome back 003XX! Sure is nice to know that there still is some starch left in your lapel. LOL
From the start everyone washed their clothes the same way, scrubbing them on a board that had wrinkled metal on it. The first washing machines was a basic color(wringer type) and each had an agitator, each was a certain color. Right up to the day it is still about the same per norm. Ostogary, you can find dick4brains.org by opening 99.9% of said appliance up and find the web site and logo. Now 540 washing machines opened up in a three month period, that's looking at 7.something a day.

bigdog43701
06-07-07, 06:07 PM
marine dad, <br />
<br />
u stay right where you are. in 1981 i was discharged from the Marines after 11yrs, 1 month and 4 days service. at the time of my discharge i was the senior sergeant in the entire...

Dave Coup
06-07-07, 07:27 PM
Glad to see you sticking around Devil Dad.

Dave

MOUNTAINWILLIAM
06-07-07, 07:52 PM
Amendment I (an Article OF our Constitution)

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

If the Congress is prohibited from banning free speech, then what gives anyone else the right to ban it (including the web)?? Rant on.

I also hold the opinion that every life lost since the words "establishment of a Democracy in Iraq" were spoken have been in vain. However, I don't object to our forces pounding those sorry b#$**@ds (and the rest of their ilk in the region) back into the stoneage for their association in the un-warranted attack on our shores.

Semper Fi

Osotogary
06-07-07, 08:34 PM
Ostogary, you can find dick4brains.org by opening 99.9% of said appliance up and find the web site and logo. Now 540 washing machines opened up in a three month period, that's looking at 7.something a day.

Well, Master Sergeant, I'll be dammmed. There is a reference to dick4brains when I used the Google search engine. I also saw the word virus. I don't need to play out my curiosity about a logo to the extent that I make my computer virus susceptical; besides there were quite a few references to other-than-hetero activities. Not my style.
Washing machines with washboards and wringers? I got my close washed with these machines, as a wee-bit, in the late forties. I always thought that the wringers would make good tortilla makers.
Anyway, I appreciate your feedback.
Gary

Quinbo
06-07-07, 09:31 PM
Marine Dads and Moms it is easy to recognize from your posts how supportive you are of Marines in general and also the warriors you have raised. I salute that and hope you will continue to do so. Your patriotism is unquestioned and I have enjoyed every post you have made without bias. If it was my site I would say post at will and carry on, mill about smartly, and gain attention to your ideas.

I am reminded of a time when I stood gate guard and whenever a car with a blue sticker came in we saluted it and a car with a red sticker we said Semper Fi. Many of us complained that often it was a wife or child of a bona fide Marine that we were saluting. I compared it to saluting a flag pole without a flag. Dependants do not wear rank, have not attended boot camp, been in a war zone or anything else that makes a Marine. Some think they vicariously or through association deserve the same treatment or respect as a Marine.

Please continue to post on this site as I consider it a good read whenever you do, but keep in mind that Marines here are, will, and should be treated differently than you.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-07-07, 11:25 PM
And thus, the drumbeat continues, even here.

"Most are afraid to post against the war". Yeah, cause no doubt the black helicopters will be inbound to whisk you away to some far off forgotten land.

Riiiiight. Making up numbers....what fun! I can do that too!

74.9 percent of the posters here think the left wing are a fifth column

12.2 percent of the posters here believe that if Hillary! gets elected, there will be peace and light in the world forever. 62.345 percent believe that if ANY dem gets elected, the entire country will hear a loud 'splooshing' sound as we swirl away down the commode.

1.1 percent believe that Bush is really the anti-christ and stole both elections as well as being the leader of a vast right wing conspiracy to bring down the towers (we all know fire doesn't melt steel etc etc) while at the same time is too incompetent to take out AQ, BinLaden and contain terror in Iraq while balancing the budget and listening to algore about global warming. Thus the odd appellation of 'bushchimpyhitler', a mixture of goofiness and scariness all rolled into one.

1.1110 percent of the left wing posters on this site fully believe "you can have your cake and eat it too"

The numbers speak for themselves!!

03XX Dad, welcome back. We need you, I assure you.

"Ne conjuge Nobiscum"

Don't let the bastards grind you down. My latin is rusty but the intent is the same :)

hmckinley
06-08-07, 06:49 AM
Hey Os., guess you're the only one that figured out what I was about on my little washing machine bit, with stirring the pot and adgitating the clothes with good ole home made lye soap. Probably takes a rocket scientist to figure out where I got the 520 and seven attempts a day for three months.

My good man Marine dad, you keep up with your posts. I had two (twins) enlist in the Marine Corps that I inherited marrying their mom. One son in the military(army), even though he got burned out being a Marine Corps brat and picked the army, make no mistake about it. (Quote, I'm just as proud of my three) The twins enlisted in the Marines before graduating from high school, got them a burr haircut, like mine is right now still. The principal called them neo-natzi's. When I got the commisioner of the board of education, principal, assistant principal and their real dad in a herd their at school. I stood up and took my favorite cap that I wear everyday, even now, off and told him and the rest of them to call me a neo-natzi and I'd come over that desk and whip up on his arse. Don't need to say they graduated with everyone calling them future Marines with the respect they deserved.

You pay your due's for this site and become a platnum member, you can get in the VIP section with this adgitator and hash it out. All the peanut gallery on this site that doesn't have a set of good one's can just set back and read. Neither of my boy's stayed for a carrer, did their obligation time, got out and made damn good human being's. Hang in there and support your son and what he stands for, I sure do!

jetdawgg
06-08-07, 09:17 AM
Will the Baghdad offensive increase support of the war?
Yes - 25.10%
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/polls/bar2.gifNo - 59.96%
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/polls/bar3.gifNot sure - 14.94%
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/polls/bar4-r.gifTotal Votes: 482
You have already voted on this poll. &#187; View Poll Results (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=147)
&#187; Discuss This Poll (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/newreply.php?t=41132)
&#187; Poll Has 37 Replies (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41132)

I don't have to make up the numbers. Support for the war is minmal even on this site and we are those that fight for this nation

jetdawgg
06-08-07, 10:11 AM
It is funny how my thread that showed the real numbers from this board's Home Page supporting my statements gets deleted while the fictious numbers from SGT Lep don't.

1776dad
06-08-07, 11:10 AM
Usually I just read.
Not this time.
Every Marine on this site has respect from me that I cannot measure.
And so does every Marine Dad who supports his son. Just as you have to be a Marine to understand certain things I can assure you that you have to be a Marine Dad to understand certain things.
Politics be da**ed.
In the end I have but a simple set of questions to those of you who feel compelled to use your Marine identity to question and or condem the current mission in Iraq on this site...
If it were your son, would you day after day send him letters telling how he should question his mssion?
If it were your son,Would you make him feel sorry for his choice of duty?
If it were your son,Would you make him feel guilty about his role?
If it were your son,Would you fill him full of doubt and destroy his pride, his sense of purpose.
If it were your son,Would you pander to his every worry about the war?
If it were your son,Would you encourage him to C.O.?
If it were your son,Would you make him feel sorry for himself?
If it were your son,Would you tell him how no one supports what he is doing every day?
BE HONEST.
Or would you hold your tongue out of concern that in that critical
moment a split second of indecision or inattention might be the result of a Marine wrapped up in politics instead of his mission...?
And that split second just might be the difference between HIS life and death.
That is how I see it. And I already know what I have chosen. I know what my family has chosen.
This Marine Dad has questions on all sides regarding the current mission. AND
I doubt any political party, individual politician or elected leader has the exact answer. Not once, not in the history of this country or the world has any single party, politician or leader had the answer. I guess I don't expect them to. I often feel sad for those who think they have just the right answer.
But I know very well that my son (whom in our rural community was voted by his classmates and high school Political Science teacher as the only Democrat in the County High School) does not need to question his mission now. The da**n liberal MTV educated kid with straight A's, a couch potato body, a fully paid four year private college ride walked out of graduation from High School into what he saw as his duty. SO I have supported him.
AND today he is a Marine and not a political scientist or an activist.
I asked him one day last week while he was on his predeployment leave what he thought of the current debate. He looked me in the eye and said...
"Dad, I'm just a realist. 0311 doesn't have the luxury of debating. And we do a lot of good, it just doesn't sell newspapers ." I guess I will take his first hand word for it.
Nope. I'm just a Marine Dad. I won't post my credentials. Let me tell all of you something that being a Marine Dad teaches you. You won't know how incredible pride can actually be (or exactly how much pride you can have)until you have a son who holds the title of Marine. Pride in your own accomplishments (I have had a few) will never match that which you hold for your son. And when you care about your own son, you weigh very carefully WHERE and WHEN you share your opinions, your doubts and your beliefs. You even consider your tactics in expressing your political opinion.
Why?
Because my Marine son comes first.
I will support his mission so that he suceeeds at it. I will not undermine his credibility, his motivation or his sense of purpose.
IMHO every Marine in the field comes first.

jetdawgg
06-08-07, 11:30 AM
1776Dad, my parents raised two Marines (brother). There is no issue with the troops from my POV. The issue is with the 'leaders'' that put them into this position without thinking things through.

The Foreign Policy is a disaster much like the war effort. 500BB is a lot of money to sink into a venture and obtain these results. Diplomacy is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of intelligence.

Clearly the lack of it has caused more harm than good. I have two sons who may one day be Marines. They will make intelligent decisions about it. The price of freedom is not cheap.

Someone has to sacrifice for it. I served in the USMC and did the best I could. Let's not mistake support for the troops with support for the war effort in Iraq

JinxJr
06-08-07, 11:33 AM
Good points 1776dad... Well said !

Osotogary
06-08-07, 11:47 AM

And I pray to God that those who send the Marine into the field have taken every opportunity to provide the resources (tactics and supplies)for victory with unwaivering furvor.
Listen, 1776dad, not once have I ever faltered in knowing that either of my sons were in good hands with their band of brothers...so to speak. I can't say that about the leadership that placed them in harms way. Maybe it is because I believe, especially in armed conflict, that you fight to win, psychologically, physically and materialistically or you don't fight at all.
May the Good Lord look after your son and his fellow Marines. May the Good Lord look after you for the love and support that you have shown your son
Bye the way....good post.
Gary

JinxJr
06-08-07, 11:50 AM

And I pray to God that those who send the Marine into the field have taken every opportunity to provide the resources (tactics and supplies)for victory with unwaivering furvor.
Listen, 1776dad, not once have I ever faltered in knowing that either of my sons were in good hands with their band of brothers...so to speak. I can't say that about the leadership that placed them in harms way. Maybe it is because I believe, especially in armed conflict, that you fight to win, psychologically, physically and materialistically or you don't fight at all.
May the Good Lord look after your son and his fellow Marines. May the Good Lord look after you for the love and support that you have shown your son
Bye the way....good post.
Gary

Amen

marinemom
06-08-07, 11:56 AM
MarineDad - DO NOT GO ANYWHERE!

Remember, I can find you........................

Now, I married the Corps in 1968, lost my Marine during Viet Nam. Then married his best friend (that makes 2 Marines) in the Corps. My son, who is a third generation Marine, is now getting ready to start his third tour of the sand box. Been the dependent, been the one who makes sure that everything is running and good to go, been the one who is basicallky a single parent. Also done the Stumps.....and that is another story.

I have made my contributions - not in combat, it is true - but I have contributed to the Corps. I am a veteran, gents!

So is Miss Ellie - the drifter - you all want her to bail???? I think not!

So, because I did not do the Island or Hollywood, did not take the oath, does that mean that my commitment to the Corps is not valued on this site?

Does it mean that I should not have an opinion on issues posted?

Does it mean that, if I have a valid experience, or advice to offer, on a particular issue, I should shut up and sit in the corner with my knitting?

I don't think so.

Now, MarineDad, along with GySgtRet, hrscowboy, yellowwing, Jim Nielson, I tell you that this is not the time to cut and run and leave a few site members whose alligator mouths are riding over their.....well, you all know the rest of that line.... make you feel as if you do not belong here.

Whether this small cadre of folks want to admit it or not, they never would have been in the Corps if they didn't have parents........

What bothers me the most, however, is the fact that they all seem to have lost their manners and common courtesy - something they never would have tried during a tour of duty.......if all of them really did have a tour of duty.

And if that upsets you folks.......too bad! I suggest you all take a step back and look at yourselves closely - the treatment that has been handed out to members who have pretty much been here longer than you certainly is the opposite of Honor, Courage and Committment.

jetdawgg
06-08-07, 12:07 PM
I can't say that about the leadership that placed them in harms way.

Those words are from another poster. It is clear that there are those that see the difference between support for the troops and support for the poor war effort in Iraq.

As Marines, we all support each other. The leadership needs to properly support us also. WRMC is just another example of how we Marines don't get the level of support from our leaders.

As a Marine my Honor, Courage and Committment can never be questioned.

003XXMarineDAD
06-08-07, 01:11 PM
Great post 1776Dad.
I would never do those things, but I know a few protesters that would.
Heck I have had some tell me to my face that they hope my son comes home in a box. It was the closest I have come to assult at a counter protest.
:devious:
I will counter protest any cut and run protest they have near me, and have done such over the last 5 years. Now before Jet has a cow, the anti war group here started protesting two weeks after 9/11 long before the first strike was done in Afganistan.

thedrifter
06-08-07, 02:27 PM
That's horrible to say....Dad

It's a Sad world we live in....

Ellie

jetdawgg
06-08-07, 02:43 PM
003XXDad I have also encountered things from the Anti War protesters. It is indeed horrible to say such things. I have had my Patriotism questioned by both sides due to this war.

I think for myself and decided which way to go. I chose the path of Anti war, Pro Troop.

I have never seen the nation so divided before. I was not around for the Civil War.

GySgtRet
06-08-07, 04:20 PM
I repeat, stay the course don't let a few knucklehead ruin the support that your sons and daughters need from our entire nation. Marinemom you know you got my support and so does Chris, I just wish I could have met him maybe when he gets back from the sandbox. I DONOT care for politics it is nasty and has driven a good Marine and General Officer away from JCS. I would not want to face the beirage of congress and the senate either. There is no way that it would be worth the hastle.

Please moms and dads stay.

jetdawgg
06-09-07, 04:05 PM
03XXDad is staying. He is back and welcomed with open arms by this jarhead.

No hard feelings either. None were ever from my side as I posted before to him.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/marines-1.jpg