PDA

View Full Version : Where Is It?

MCWRESTLER2006
05-10-07, 09:35 PM
Where is the best place to get stationed outside of the U.S..

Zulu 36
05-10-07, 09:41 PM
I was fond of Okinawa. But I also liked mainland Japan.

This is like asking what color hair guys like on a gal (or vice versa).

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-10-07, 11:13 PM
Depends on your MOS. Some places just don't have some jobs. But, my vote is for Hawaii. It may be in the US, but it is also treated as if it weren't in many ways.

killerinstinct
05-11-07, 08:17 AM
I was fond of Okinawa. But I also liked mainland Japan.

This is like asking what color hair guys like on a gal (or vice versa).

yea even though its not really japan i had the best time and being on night crew me and my roommate wed wake up go scuba diving almost everyday depending on weather and then go to work.. If any of you poolees get stationed there DEFINATELY get your scuba qual. they got a class over at mccs on foster and i had a blast doing it.

mainland has other things to do but,, scuba isnt one of them i was too afriad of swimming too close to where a binjo ditch was emptying out..

Marine84
05-11-07, 09:10 AM
Iwakuni, Japan - WOOHOO! Good times!

DevilDogHEMech
05-12-07, 12:15 PM
Besides being a great duty station, Okinawa is also the most likely place for you to go if you go overseas unless you are MSG duty later. One thing I liked about Oki is that many Marines there also get a chance to go to other nearby countries for training exercises, like Korea, Thailand, Phillippines, Malaysia, and others. Good times, I highly recommend going there. I didn't join the Marine Corps to hang out in California or North Carolina for 4 years.

One word of warning: stay away from those buy-me-drinkie girls ;)