PDA

View Full Version : The Politics of Fear and the Fort Dix Six

DougRagan
05-10-07, 12:17 AM
How many times have you been watching or listening to a left wing pundit when they accuse the right of fear mongering? It happens quite a bit, I have even heard it at work. Very little media coverage went into three separate terrorist leaders thanking the US for installing a democratic majority. When I pointed out the very obscure articles to a co-worker he accused the writers of fear mongering. When the Administration defends its perfectly Constitutional program of listening to phone calls made by foreign terrorists, it is accused of fear mongering. When the Administration tells of attacks that have been prevented because of the Patriot Act, it is accused of fear mongering. I have seen countless articles claiming that the attacks of 911 are being used as an excuse to take away our liberties, one big plot by the government to play big bother.

So how do those who accuse the government of fear mongering explain the recent FBI arrests of Muslim terrorists bent on attacking an Army base? I would also like to know how CAIR explains it, but I’ll get to that in a moment. I am going to preempt an argument real quick. I know that it won’t be long before we are told that this was baseless because these guys were young and not very smart. They weren’t connected to Al Qaeda; they were acting alone, blah, blah, blah. Guess what everyone; this is part of their handbook. Al Qaeda targets the stupid to do this work. How smart do you have to be to attack an Army base with 6-12 people? How smart do you have to be to blow yourself up in the middle of a playground or machete off the head of a journalist? They don’t have to be smart to kill. They knew that they would be captured or killed and were willing to die because they are too stupid to realize that Allah has forsaken them.

The democrats are trying to push a bill that will turn Iraq over to Al Qaeda. They have stripped DC of the term “Global War on Terror,” believing that it doesn’t exist. Along with some republicans, they want to help terrorists sneak across our southern border. They continue to challenge everything that the administration is doing to prevent these kinds of attacks. Indeed, if one John Doe had not told the FBI last year of the info he saw on a tape, this attack may have happened. Despite the fact that our current system wasn’t good enough to get these guys without civilian help, the left wants to tie the hands of those responsible for preventing terrorism even more than they are already tied. They continue to tie the hands of the government, all the time crying “politics of fear,” as though no one actually wants to kill us.

These men are Muslims who said that they were planning this attack in the name of Allah. Mohamad Shnewer was quoted as saying, "My intent is to hit a heavy concentration of soldiers. You hit four, five or six Humvees and light the whole place and retreat completely without any losses.” “It doesn't matter to me whether I get locked up, arrested or get taken away. Or I die, it doesn't matter. I'm doing it in the name of Allah," said Serdar Tatar. But CAIR doesn’t want us to equate their actions with religion. “But when the government says ‘Islamic militants,’ it sends a message to the public that Islam and militancy are synonymous,” says Sohail Mohammed.

Americans simply refuse to acknowledge the reality of the Global War on Terror. We refuse to acknowledge that it is global, that it involves radical Muslims, that they are all over the planet, and that they are here in the US. This is a movement that has stoned 12 year old girls because they were raped, beheaded children for going to a Christian school, lined a school building in Iraq with explosives, murdered 17,000 civilians in Iraq, and oh yeah, they flew airplanes into the twin towers some years back. They have done these things in the name of Allah, but we aren’t supposed to equate anything or jump to any conclusions. And don’t you dare profile the men praying to Allah just before they jump on board an airplane.

This attack was planned by Albanian Muslims, some of whom were in this country illegally. It’s time for a history quiz. Who can tell me why there are so many Albanian Muslims near Fort Dix? Give up? We brought them here after our soldiers and Marines were killed protecting them. Fort Dix was the home to thousands of Kosovo refugees who were brought here after that ethnic cleansing fiasco that happened years ago. It appears that some of them invited their relatives to sneak over later. By the way, we are bringing Iraqi refugees over here now. How long before the next attack? We save them, then not only allow them to move here but we flip the bill. They repay us by plotting to kill the people who sacrificed to free them from the regime that was trying to exterminate them. Is anyone starting to wonder if preventing the ethic cleansing was a good idea?

Maybe that last sentence was a bit harsh, but this idea that we are not at war with radical Muslims drives me up the wall. I have to dig deep to find Muslims who will speak out against this kind of violence. CAIR has a petition against violence on their site, yet half their founders were linked to terrorist groups. Why didn’t Sohail Mohammed tell the world about this petition after telling us not to blame Muslims for this attempted attack? Why do we hear more about how evil our government is for arresting Muslims than we hear about denouncing terrorism?

This isn’t about fear. George Bush isn’t using this as an agenda piece so that he can sit in the Oval Office listening to you talk to a phone sex operator. This is happening because a world-wide group of religious extremists are able to communicate more effectively. They get ideas off of internet chat rooms and forums. They have been killing for centuries, but now we have the internet. This makes them more effective at killing while allowing them to spread propaganda that shields them. They actually use the internet to spread their message of hate, to teach each other how to carry out attacks, while at the same time convincing us and the rest of the world that they are peaceful and misunderstood. How long will it take us to realize that they are lying to us?

Sgt Leprechaun
05-10-07, 09:44 AM
Well said. And true. Sadly, it's difficult to get people to actually LISTEN to this, because they are more interested in the latest Paris Hilton video, or worrying about 'global warming' nonsense, or whatever the idiot box tells them is the latest 'threat' to their personal comfort zone.