PDA

View Full Version : A Little Confused

ElDiablo
05-09-07, 12:29 PM
I'm kind of confused about this. I was wondering what the minimum age a person is able to DEP in? I was reading the other thread about it and it didn't really specify...Is 17 the minimum DEP in age or the minimum shipping age? I'm 16 at the moment and a Sophomore. Am I able to DEP in now or do I have to wait until I'm 17? Thanks.

rvillac2
05-09-07, 01:07 PM
You have to contact a recruiter to verify this. Minimum to ship is 17 with parental consent and HS graduation. You can only be in the DEP for a year (I believe). So, you can DEP in the summer before your senior year if you're at least 17.

ElDiablo
05-09-07, 01:18 PM
Thanks. That helps a little. See the thing is, I have a friend who's DEP'd in right now and he's a junior, and its about a year and a half until he graduates, and that's why I was wondering. The sooner I can DEP in, the better.

davblay
05-09-07, 02:48 PM
By federal law (10 U.S.C., 510), the minimum age for enlistment in the United States Military is 17 (with parental consent)!

I hope this helps you. :D

ElDiablo
05-10-07, 07:31 AM
Oh, so 17 is the minimum to DEP. That sucks, means I have to wait another year:cry:, but oh well, more time to prepare. Thanks again.