PDA

View Full Version : Retired Recruit

Alquix
05-08-07, 04:09 PM
I broke my shoulder in boot camp and was PEB'd out of there through a med board in december. I am on disability from the VA (50%) that was labeled as Temporary, but I don't know how temporary. I have an RE-3P on my dd214. I have been training my shoulder and pushing through the pain to build its strength back up. I feel like within the next 6 months or so (hopefully) I could physically do the boot camp activities again. Is there any hope of me re-enlisting when I'm all better?

davblay
05-08-07, 04:17 PM
I broke my shoulder in boot camp and was PEB'd out of there through a med board in december. I am on disability from the VA (50%) that was labeled as Temporary, but I don't know how temporary. I have an RE-3P on my dd214. I have been training my shoulder and pushing through the pain to build its strength back up. I feel like within the next 6 months or so (hopefully) I could physically do the boot camp activities again. Is there any hope of me re-enlisting when I'm all better?
Sometimes the VA will award a disability rating as Temporary, they will re-examine you later and determine your condition then. It can become Permanent or they could extend the Temporary status, or they could find you service connected at 0% rated! Either way the RE-3P is waiverable (in some cases) with proper documentation. Your Recruiter will know the particulars, ask him to help you out.

BTW---finish filling out your profile!

rvillac2
05-08-07, 04:48 PM
Also, your screen name says Marine, but you didn't finish bootcamp.
You can't claim our Title just yet.

Marine84
05-08-07, 09:02 PM
:mad: