PDA

View Full Version : Deployment Questions

chinds97
05-08-07, 10:05 AM
My nephew is being deployed on 9/23/07, his dad will be going out to California to see him the week prior to him leaving. Is he allowed to leave base with his dad after 5pm, and how does it work for his dad to be able to see him during this time?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
:flag:

003XXMarineDAD
05-08-07, 01:29 PM
Never put depolyment date or time on here!!!!!
First rule of use.
The enemy uses the internet well and would know troop movements in and out by your posting.
As to the question of pre- depolyment it depends on the work they are doing getting ready to leave. but they should be able to hook up.
I would advise you that those dates can be miss leading and change over the next few months time.
:)

SkilletsUSMC
05-08-07, 09:26 PM
For the week prior to deployment, your nephews chain of command will be working at getting the Marines as much time off as they can . Most of the pre-deployment prep should be done. Most units are flying over and using the gear in country. Im thinking your nephew and his father will have good amounts of time together.

OldMarineMom
05-08-07, 10:44 PM
Your nephew and his dad will be able to spend time together that week before he deploys. I did that earlier this year with my son before he deployed, and we stayed with him at the motel on base. He still had to go into work everyday, but in the evenings, we'd go out to dinner, do some shopping, and he took care of some of the things that needed to be done before leaving.

As was mentioned in another post, dates and units should never be mentioned, and as one that has been through it, the date is always subject to change.......prepared myself for it a few times before it was definite!

Mary :flag:

chinds97
05-09-07, 06:17 AM
Thank you so much for the info, I know that my family greatly appreciates it.

Chris

TRN
06-19-07, 12:02 AM
Many of these things depend on his command. They usually place a limit on how far he can go once that window gets closer.