PDA

View Full Version : About getting in shape

Salezel
05-08-07, 10:02 AM
Ok, so i jsut got back from the Library and i checked out a book . The book is called , MARINE CORPS Daily 16 Workouts. I wanted to know if any of you have read this book and if you think the exercises in it will help me get in shape.

killerinstinct
05-08-07, 11:31 AM
i havent read it but sounds like it could be the excersizes you do before PT but they usually say dail 7 but there are more than 7 etc...

like cherry pikcers hello dollys **** like that.. im not sure if they are strength and shape excersizes as more they are for stretching and warming up.

Salezel
05-08-07, 01:02 PM
I've looked through the book and its mainly warm-up's but there are a few exercises in it. Do you know any exercises that i can do to help me get into better shape?

killerinstinct
05-08-07, 01:58 PM
you should look at some of the threads working out on weights is good but mostly try and get stamina up. I mean strentgh helps but most people beef up to look bulky will lose all theat and slim down mostly as things are geared more towards endurance.. Just do pullups or some pyramids and run some long distance where you can learn to pace yourself. Thats pretty much all you need to do. It will be more fun to run while in bootcamp or in ofrmation you get somethign to look at and sing cadence so keeps your mind off of the physical aspect of it.

Salezel
05-08-07, 02:50 PM
Ok thanks for the information i'll look around at some more threads. I have one more question though, would lap swimming help me any?