PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

JIsom2006
05-07-07, 01:07 PM
Friday the 4th of May I was with some friends 2 blocks down from my house. I was helping a friend with a dog box for hunting and we drink a few beers. A cop was waiting for me at the end of the...

maverickmarine
05-07-07, 01:09 PM
What you are describing doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Is that truly how that happened?

killerinstinct
05-07-07, 01:17 PM
were you driving?? best thing is you should tell your recruiter because he may have to postpone your shipdate as being on probation would hurt your chances while in bootcamp.. Then speak to the judge and say you are shipping off this date he MAY or may not be easy on ya. Say ya ****ed up whatever..

But its better to get this settled before you ship because if after you ship and you get caught it will hurt your career and while in bootcamp or even in any school status it might just bar ya from finishing your enlistment or cause alot of ****.

GySgtRet
05-07-07, 01:25 PM
You did not mention driving so no you should not admit to something that you didn't do. What is the legal drinking age in NC? Whatever you admit to will change a lot of things such as shipdate, training dates, mos school. If you didn't do anything wrong then go for it. You do not have the burden as long as you were in the right. As far as the police officer waiting for 20 minutes, did he have reason to believe that there was something wrong in your house, neighborhood, ???

JIsom2006
05-07-07, 01:56 PM
The drinking age in NC is 21. As far as driving I only drove 2 blocks and at the time I arrived home is was only 11pm. I have never been in trouble before and my neighborhood is very peaceful. I took the breathalizer test and it came out as .03 which if I was 21 that would be the most you can have in your system. The cop was just on the corner of the street and when I walked in he didn't move or anything then decided to knock on the door.

killerinstinct
05-07-07, 02:22 PM
well legally and you can ask an MP as if you were out of your car and it was parked and he grabbed ya from inside your house to have you do a breathalizer. you might not even be able to be charged...

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 02:30 PM
Tell your recruiter. Sometimes they'll hide or waive things, this might be one of them.
All I know is that you might not be able to get a security clearance. You probably will, but there's a chance you won't. That's really all.

Zulu 36
05-07-07, 03:49 PM
If your story is how it happened, then something is not right. Regardless, this is not the place to go for help.

Get a lawyer right now.

Then tell your recruiter.

In that order.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-08-07, 03:59 PM
NC may be one of the states that says you are DUI if you are under age and have had any alcohol. So, if he saw you drive and you admit to drinking, DUI is a valid charge. If that is the case, you may...

GySgtRet
05-08-07, 04:07 PM
Something I amnot clear on here. Did you get charges? I see that you have a appearnce date but for what charges? Maybe I missed it. At any rate regardless get a lawyer. Sometimes those gravy...