PDA

View Full Version : Unsat

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 12:23 PM
We all know that there are certain policies in the Marine Corps that are sketchy, and some that should be downright illegal but are allowed for the sake of money. In these cases, who could you "alert" to attempt to change these policies?

SkilletsUSMC
05-07-07, 12:28 PM
Can you name one in particular?

outlaw3179
05-07-07, 12:32 PM
Like what ?

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 12:39 PM
Like how our buildings are not built up to code, and are also not properly maintained, thus affecting the quality of life.

Or how waste disposal laws are looser on military bases, so we have a higher toxicity rate than in a regular city. A Marine died recently from drinking the tap water on base. Families get calls saying "If your kid was at this daycare from Year X to Year Y and has such-and-such disorder, that's our fault, the building's been condemned, and we need to pay you compensation." The highest concentration of autistic kids are born to military families. We're fed prison food.

You know, stuff like that.

outlaw3179
05-07-07, 12:45 PM
Most commands are probably aware of all theese. Its not because lack of motivation but because lack of money. The Marine Corps has the smallest budget of all the services so they are very limited to as what they can do. Obviously they know that there is a problem and even you said it yourself they called and took responsibility. Change takes time and more importantly money. Hell you've even heard of all the problems with Walter Reed. Or even any of the VA hospitals . It takes time and money. But in a situation where you feel like something should happen , remember , there is a chain of command. Dont be that turd who calls CNN then his congressman, and then maybe if he finds time his fireteam leader.

SkilletsUSMC
05-07-07, 12:46 PM
Strawberryp0cky, 1st Bn 1st Marines still lives in squadbays. It was good enough for the Marines before, its good enough for me.

Tap water killing a Marine? site the sorce or I wont buy it.

And for **** sakes the chow is fine.

Marines living the dream
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/Thehilton.jpg

usmchauer
05-07-07, 12:48 PM
When I signed on that dotted line I saw no guarantee's about quality of life.... The one thing that the Marine Corps taught me is, no matter how bad you think you have it, it can always! be worse.

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 12:50 PM
Outlaw: I do understand the money situation, but what's the deal with waste disposal laws on military bases?

Skillets: I'm sorry that you're unaware of the **** going on around you. I'm also sorry that you are unaware of the effect of air, water, food, and living conditions on not only your health, but your outlook on life.
For example, we are fed prison food (no, that's not my opinion, we actually are. Same company, it's the cheapest). We are also have the most violent/stupid incidents of any branch. Studies on food vs behavior in prisons show that adding better food (namely omega-3 fatty acids) can reduce prison violence up to 40%. That means all the stupid brawls and lethal drunk driving that continues to injure and kill Marines can actually be reduced, but apparently we're not worth the time or money to them. That upsets me, I'm sorry it's "good enough for" you to live with.

usmchauer: See last two sentences above.

You see, that's part of the problem, too. I've brought this to my chain of command already, and despite the fact that what they're doing is illegal and dangerous, salty dogs like yourselves shrug it off. I'm not *****ing because I want a cushy life. Joining the Marines would be the most retarded decision if that's what I was going for. I love going out in the field, living with baby wipes, wondering what's in my next MRE, dealing with all the **** like no AC that other services consider a "must-have."

The problem is when Marines are dying, or when our kids are born retarded. Marines like those of you who posted "it's good enough" are the reason that this **** still goes on. You mistake "this is illegal" for "they want to be pampered." They are not mutually inclusive.

usmchauer
05-07-07, 12:57 PM
I don't think Marines beat the shyte out of eachother, get loaded and get behind the wheel of a car and all kinds of other ludicrous BS because the food they eat lacks omega 3 fatty acids.... It's because we have this indestructable mentality - no matter how bad you wanted to change that part of us you can't. As to who you need to direct your complaint to I haven't got the slightest clue as to who would even listen to it.

SkilletsUSMC
05-07-07, 01:00 PM
Outlaw: I do understand the money situation, but what's the deal with waste disposal laws on military bases?

Skillets: I'm sorry that you're unaware of the **** going on around you. I'm also sorry that you are unaware of the effect of air, water, food, and living conditions on not only your health, but your outlook on life.
For example, we are fed prison food (no, that's not my opinion, we actually are. Same company, it's the cheapest). We are also have the most violent/stupid incidents of any branch. Studies on food vs behavior in prisons show that adding better food (namely omega-3 fatty acids) can reduce prison violence up to 40%. That means all the stupid brawls and lethal drunk driving that continues to injure and kill Marines can actually be reduced, but apparently we're not worth the time or money to them. That upsets me, I'm sorry it's "good enough for" you to live with.

usmchauer: See last two sentences above.

:devious: Camp Pendleton is fine. there isnt rampant human feces and trash all over the place, but I can think of a place that is....

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/Blackwaterpuddle.jpg

Ill give you a guess... It start with an I and ends with a Q. I have been half covered in human **** (yes thats what is in those puddles) while hooking and jabbing with the Muj.

If the guys in prisons are fed the same thing as we are then they are being hooked up! And I have lived off of MREs for long enough to know that fatty acids have much less to do with stupid jarhead incidents that ALCOHOL!!!

outlaw3179
05-07-07, 01:07 PM
lol..i used to live in Camp Horno. Lived in the squad bays and lived in crack houses called the "Cartel". We do more with less we dont need to live in fancy apartment like buildings like the POGs do. Grunts live where they need to . Most of the time wed rather be in the field anyway. My advice Suck it up.

Marine84
05-07-07, 01:28 PM
In case ya'll haven't noticed yet.................strawberry is a female!

Strawberry - don't you have enough to keep yourself busy? So what base housing sucks for you - get over it - deal with it. Paint it, wallpaper it, do what you have to do to make it feel like home for you.

As far as the food goes - don't eat in the chow hall - DUH!

Plumbing - deal with it! As long as $h!t isn't backing up into the house - why worry about it? You probably won't be stationed there long enough for it to matter anyway.

Way I see it - when you've had to live in what Skillets has had to live in - come back, pitch another b!tch about it. Til then......................PUT YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES ON AND DEAL WITH IT!

And of all the things that's wrong in the world and YOU want to fight about "prison food" loaded with trans fat - give me a BREAK!

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 01:41 PM
Marine84: I live off base, don't eat at the chow hall, and have no plumbing problems. Like I said, I'm not just *****ing about it because I don't like it; I don't have to deal with it.
I don't know what reason you guys enlisted, but I enlisted to help people and when this stuff is going on, when they deliberately do not fix problems that are reported and people get sick, that gets my goad.

As for all of you who seem to think I'm crying about "trans fat" in my food (when the hell did I say that?), here's the damn prison study: http://www.guardian.co.uk/food/Story/0,,1924119,00.html (http://www.guardian.co.uk/food/Story/0,,1924119,00.html) and here http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/37/19/26 (http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/37/19/26)

You all are entirely, 100000% missing the point: the point is not to have fancy accomodations and 5-star dining, the point is that this stuff is subpar and causing health and violence (see study) problems in Marines. If you guys don't even care about what happens to your fellow Marines just because you think that's the same thing as being hard core, you're sadly mistaken.

It seriously sickens me that you guys think this is a matter of being oorah instead of ****ing HEALTHY. Put my "big girl panties on" and telling me that we do more with less, do you even know who I am, what my goals are?

As for not having enough to do, I'm a bit of a workaholic and, get this, care about the state of the Marines around me.

I'm not saying we should cut vital training because someone could get a splinter.
I'm not saying that we should hold each other's hand and be fed grapes and ambrosia and sip milk and honey while someone massages our back.

I'm saying that if we can prevent the problems, why the hell not? How many safety briefs have we all been to? They keep asking "Why do you guys keep going out and being stupid?" Well, here's a suggestion. Why not try it?

You guys think you're hard core, but in reality you're just ignorant and apathetic.

killerinstinct
05-07-07, 01:47 PM
when we moved down to miramar from el toro we lived in the condemned bks before they started building the one man ones there was 6 of us to a room and not all could stand up at the same time the floors were uneven.

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 01:51 PM
when we moved down to miramar from el toro we lived in the condemned bks before they started building the one man ones there was 6 of us to a room and not all could stand up at the same time the floors were uneven.
Stories like this are considered a form of bragging rights. "We lived in the ****, we're so cool." I considered them to be the same thing, after all, we do more with less, until I realized that, get this, it's unhealthy.

But hey, as I said, I wanted to help people, not brag about what I do and don't get because that makes me tough and cool.

Marine84
05-07-07, 01:52 PM
It's not that we don't care - depending on if someone had a gold spoon in their mouth at birth or not depends on how bad things "look" to them. I wasn't born with one so things didn't look bad to me.

There are some people in this world that will blow $h!t out of proportion - this sounds like one of them. Sounds like you just need a soapbox to stand on - find something else that maybe won't drive you crazy. Things will only be hard on you if you start stirring $h!t up - being a female in a man's world I'm sure you'll find this out eventually.

drumcorpssnare
05-07-07, 01:52 PM
My impression is that Strawberry realizes the world isn't perfect, but thinks it should be. While that's a very noble thought, it is sadly not very realistic.
Not that people shouldn't try to make things right.....But, fighting "city hall" is tough enough when you're a civilian...trying to do the same while in the military might at the worst become career suicide; at best a ridiculously difficult uphill battle.
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

killerinstinct
05-07-07, 01:59 PM
Stories like this are considered a form of bragging rights. "We lived in the ****, we're so cool." I considered them to be the same thing, after all, we do more with less, until I realized that, get this, it's unhealthy.

But hey, as I said, I wanted to help people, not brag about what I do and don't get because that makes me tough and cool.

nah they fixed them up adn we ended up having digital A?C heating and walk in closets with built in wall lockers and one man rooms sharing the head with one other room..

It's not braggin or anythign its just depends on the money and in most cases if it aint broke dont fix it and in many cases its broke we will make it work..

You will notice how we get hand me downs from the army who say its been past its use and the Corp will say oh we will take it and make it last 20 more years.

My point is like trying to tell your CO his way is wrong ***** about it but there is nothing you or even your CO can do. So just enjoy the experience you get and have a beer.

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 02:01 PM
Marine84: I wasn't born with a gold spoon in my mouth. I was born on a ****-poor island in the middle of the Pacific, lived in lower income housing for half my life. This is what I'm talking about: you get idiots that think they're tough and hard, so they assume that because you don't want to sit around with your thumb up your ass that you must be some hoity toity little *****. As for "living in a man's world," I've been doing that. I'm an engineering major, and let me tell you, women do not flood to that field. I've dealt with this. The difference is, civilians actually care about your input when you word it in a way that will make them more money.

You can't do that with Marines because we don't get extra kick backs.

If you're comfortable being lazy, then that's your perrogative…don't try to push your lack of empathy for your fellow man on me and claim that I'm the one being stupid.

Drumcorps: You hit the nail on the head, and I'm glad someone was paying attention. While I realize that the world isn't ideal, that doesn't mean we shouldn't attempt to fix stuff. My mother just had an adoption bill approved that will help reduce the price of adoptions as well as boost the care for to-be-adopted children. She meets with Bush to see how close they are to implementing this on a national scale (oh, Marine84, this was AFTER I went out on my own, so there's still no "gold" spoon in my mouth…and for your own edification, the saying is "silver spoon"…you were being condescending so I figured you'd appreciate the same, Ms Ruff Tuff Marine Oorah Grr Kill), so to me this simply says that if you push for it, things can happen.

Instead, people would prefer to shoot it down. After all, since they don't try, I shouldn't. Does it really matter what I'm doing in my spare time, how many proposals I write up in my spare time? Does this hurt or inconvenience ANY of you in ANY way? No. The worst that happens is I get shot down, and the best that happens is this **** gets fixed. So why exactly are you guys trying to discourage me? It's not hurting you…in fact, you're wasting more time trying to knock my idea than if you were to say "Talk to your chain of command" or "Write your congressman." You know, an answer to my question in the OP.

Killer: My goal isn't to talk to my CO. You're 100% right, they don't care and even if they do, they can't fix it. This whole thread is to ask who to go to. I know my options, but who's the best to bring this up to? And yes, they KNOW about it already, which is why I have my own proposals. Whether they get approved or not is one thing, but at least having a proposal does more than just complaining.

usmchauer
05-07-07, 02:10 PM
Strawberry - YOU are the one who posted this on our message board. Don't get in a snit because we don't agree with you. You think you're so f'in smart and we're all a bunch of derilects? You think you're the first person to raise a complaint about quality of life?Have a nice day somewhere else.....

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 02:11 PM
Strawberry - YOU are the one who posted this on our message board. Don't get in a snit because we don't agree with you. You think you're so f'in smart and we're all a bunch of derilects? You think you're the first person to raise a complaint about quality of life?Have a nice day somewhere else.....
You're right, I did post here. Please read my OP to see what the hell I was posting about before you start running at the mouth.

You're also the one that keeps coming back here. If you assume that all I'm doing is saying you're a bunch of idiots, why keep coming back. Are you some kind of masochist? I'm sorry I'm not going to pet your head and tell you you're nice and smart for telling me I shouldn't try to fix the **** the rest of you don't give a flying **** about. Help out or get out. I'd say you're being counter-productive, but you think I don't run into this same apathetic behavior day in and day out? I know to ignore it because some people just aren't driven to try and fix things.

You're not "all a bunch of derilects." That's your interpretation. You can put words into my mouth, they're not mine but I can't tell you what to do with your time. I never said all, just those of you who think I should behave the same, lazy, uninterested, selfish way.

killerinstinct
05-07-07, 02:17 PM
there isnt anyone without you stepping on toes is what im staying and one thing that will hurt you is doing that..

Best bet if you wanna help morale and stuff you could ask to be your unit rep for the single marine program or something. Even though its not excactly a program to change thigns but they do help out with the morale and stuff. I guess what im saying is it cant be done at your rank. If its still an issue you wish to address in the future become a politician and use that power to get it changed and im not being sarcastic it's pretty much how it would even change. It will happen slowly and surely and many changes come from state and federal mandates but since all themoney is tryign to support the 0311's. Living conditions for people in the states is pretty much on the back burner and specially now during a war The money needs to be for better fighting equipment and not living conditions ya know what i mean?

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 02:24 PM
I am the SMP rep actually. :) It's sad to go to the meetings sometimes because you can see that the hands of the Base SgtMaj are really tied, and the reason it's sad is because in the way he talks, you can tell it bothers him, too.

As for changing things at my rank, oh, I know it's slim to nill if I were to go the military route. The thing is, these procedures aren't necessarily handed down through the ranks, but from guys outside, like Congress. I know I can contact the Inspector General, my congressman, or my senator. I just didn't know if one was better than the other.

I also appreciate the fact that you see what I'm saying and are answering my question. That's the whole reason I posted this, is to see what I could do and where I could go. I'm not 100% on becoming a politician after I get out as my husband and I want to do missionary work, but perhaps something small, at the county or state level, might work out and give me a little more oomph than a measly chevron. It's too bad people look at that…I've seen people that are truly stupid come up with great ideas.

I'm all for supporting the 0311's, after all, we are in the middle of a war. The thing is, these problems have remained unchanged for decades: war or not, they will still exist. I'm for waiting until after the war, but I still think something should be done. Dollars to donuts if all the people complaining about my standpoint had filtered water and nutritious food and buildings that were up to code, they wouldn't be complaining that I'm being stupid.

usmchauer
05-07-07, 02:32 PM
All hail the crusader on a mission to save the folks around her that are too dumb to know they're living in filth! Good luck

killerinstinct
05-07-07, 02:34 PM
well im sure if any of the Marines who were in bootcamp long ago were to walk on their former camps they would think WTF has happened there are rarely any quansen huts anymore nicer bks pulls with high dives..

It is changing just know it might not be during your time but you will see things getting better in that regard. It also depends on the money they get and of course what commands are on the base.

So far my favorite base to have been on was iwakuni the base sgt major was the best. Everything MCCS fromer MWR did was for free. Movies were free everything was free on that base and he would take people out on runs and trips all himself he was german or soemthing i forget but my favorite base sgt major i have met and he would talk to every Marine.

But dont worry alot of people are saying is it will change but in the mean time enjoy it see the sights you see

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 02:35 PM
All hail the crusader on a mission to save the folks around her that are too dumb to know they're living in filth! Good luck
You're the one saying you're stupid and calling me a crusader.

Like I said, if you want to put words in my mouth, I can't help that.
I didn't say them, but I can't help it.

But maybe you can answer something: you don't have to do any work, you don't have to waste any time, so why does it matter to you that I am? You seem so angry with me because I want to help out...what's the deal?

Killer: You're right, things are changing, and that's always the silver lining that I focus on to stop me from getting down about this whole situation. Some of the things are a little confusing, like how Marines in Okinawa can cook in their barracks, but the other Marines can't. Or how the new barracks are built for only 2 Marines, but the old barracks still have to have 3 in there. It just seems inconsistant, but I guess nothing in the Marine Corps makes logical sense, except for the high speed low drag stuff, which this certainly is not!

Marine84
05-07-07, 02:42 PM
Whatever-if YOU can change it, go for it girl! They'll still be cooking up the same ole $h!t after you and me are dead and gone. You'll get more out of your missionary work but I think you have to die to get THAT too.......................good luck.

outlaw3179
05-07-07, 02:46 PM
Thank God they don't allow women in the grunts. Never had to deal with whiny little girls who thought the Marine Corps should change for them. Semper Fi you cute little Devil Dog.

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 02:49 PM
Whatever-if YOU can change it, go for it girl! They'll still be cooking up the same ole $h!t after you and me are dead and gone. You'll get more out of your missionary work but I think you have to die to get THAT too.......................good luck.
I want to apologize for being condescending, I was going to edit my post but after people started responding, I figured it was read and gone.

I just don't see why people are trying to jump on me...all I'm trying to do is help so that this stuff doesn't keep happening. If this was your guys' way of trying to "protect" me so I'm not disappointed when I get shot down, well, maybe we should be encouraging people who want to change things. I realized a while ago that I have to stop being so damn rude to people, and they tend to feed off the encouragement. Lucky for me, I'm more stable than to cry to momma because someone said mean things, but other people aren't.

I'm not saying to be nice to me, that you have to encourage me, that I'm holier-than-thou in any way...merely that if people don't want to help, they don't have to post about it.

I don't even think I'm going to change it, just maybe if enough people with my mindset bring up the same issue...? I'm not naive, I know the world isn't perfect, but something in me says that I can't sit here and just let it happen. If doing my best won't get it done, it won't get it done. But I have to try first.

Outlaw: Riiight. You can continue to enjoy surrounding yourself with men, you go boy!

outlaw3179
05-07-07, 03:09 PM
lol..i take it back. i wish one of you was issued to every squad. You know for the morale of the Marines.

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 03:12 PM
lol..i take it back. i wish one of you was issued to every squad. You know for the morale of the Marines.
Yeah, I'll bet "it's not gay if I'm the pitcher" isn't as convincing after you say it a few times.

I can send you guys a CARE package with some frilly skirts and a fabulous lipstick assortment so at least it seems a little more like you're not gay. I'll even buy a few wigs so you don't have to see the motivated hair cut, thus adding to the illusion. This will reduce cognitive dissonace, thus boosting morale because you'll think you've reclaimed your manhood. This way, you can finally rape the willing!

No need to thank, I got you. I take care of my fellow Marines. It's nothing, really. :angel:

GunsUp
05-07-07, 03:16 PM
Strawberry, things are never going to change in regards to living conditions for military personnel and their families. They were that way when I was growing up (I'm an Army brat who grew up all over the world), it didn't change when I was on active duty, and the conditions are still the same today.

If you wanted nice quarters and dorms, you should've joined the Air Force.

drumcorpssnare
05-07-07, 03:18 PM
strawberry- First of all, good luck. You're gonna need it. I'm not trying to rain on your parade. But historically....let's just say you have your work cut out for you.
Heck, contact everyone at once! A letter writing "blitz!" I have tried that approach in the past, when I wanted something done, and had decent luck.
So, write to G.W., your Senators, Representatives, Governor, I.G., C.G., etc.
Ya never know...they may even talk to one another!
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 03:28 PM
Guns: As I said, I'm not asking for a ritzy resort here, otherwise yes, I'd have joined the Air Force. I'm asking that the buildings be built up to code. There's a reason they have building codes, we aren't special, we should have to adhere to that, too.

The thing is, while it's true that I'm living in the same barracks that many Marines before me have lived in, 1/4 a mile away are brand new barracks, and in the other direction, more are going up. Marines in Okinawa also have kitchenettes, or so reports a Marine I know. Things eventually do change. It's just that, because I'm not looking for flashy dorms, I'd rather the money be spent on getting things up to code, not making sure we only have 2 Marines to a room and wi-fi for all.

Drumcorps: I might end up doing that. That was my only plan of action so far.

You know, these conditions HAVE been the same forever.
It makes me wonder what sparked the change, who sparked the change, and what his email address is...

Arty0811
05-07-07, 03:33 PM
Marine84:I don't know what reason you guys enlisted, but I enlisted to help people :evilgrin:

I think this speaks for itself.

outlaw3179
05-07-07, 03:35 PM
I take care of my fellow Marines. It's nothing, really. :angel:

I bet you do... :) Semper Fi Marine....I got next .

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 03:37 PM
I bet you do... :) Semper Fi Marine....I got next .
Oh, sorry, some of us are married and actually are faithful.

But you know, there are plenty of gals willing to drop to their knees for a guy in uniform, especially if they get pregnant and now get a steady income from you.

Yikes, you don't want that...better stick to raping civilians!

On a side note, I'd appreciate if you kept comments like this to yourself. This is the same bull**** that I was talking about in the other thread, about how you guys treat female Marines. I'm sure you're doing this all as a joke just to get my goad, but I really would rather not hear how you want me to **** you.

outlaw3179
05-07-07, 03:41 PM
lol..raping civillians? you by any chance wouldnt happen to be talking about Iraq would you ? because right now i am confused.

Quinbo
05-07-07, 03:41 PM
Hey Strawberry .... I just now noticed that you studied in college to be a building inspecter. Are you sure they are all out of code? Maybe they were in code when they were built and you just weren't around to inspect them. A couple months in a shelter half should improve your appreciation of the housing you are provided. Carry On:thumbdown

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 03:44 PM
Hey Strawberry .... I just now noticed that you studied in college to be a building inspecter.
Hahaha, actually, I did! Haha, wow, that was a one in a million kind of thing, hahaha :D My job before enlisting worked with keeping things up to code. :) Haha, wow, what a coincidence...and no, this isn't sarcasm!

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 03:45 PM
lol..raping civillians? you by any chance wouldnt happen to be talking about Iraq would you ? because right now i am confused.
There's that, the Japanese girls, the Thai girls...aside from the war, the most service-member-related news seems to be about how we keep raping people.

On a side note, I'd rather we drop the topic of me sexually servicing you, even if you are just saying it to get my goad. I was trying to brush it off by making a couple gay comments, I thought you'd laugh and just drop it but apparently not, so if you could, that'd be great.

outlaw3179
05-07-07, 03:50 PM
lol..sexually servicing ? My God ...you make it sound so formal...I thought we were just going to go out for a romp in the tall grass. IN any case about the whole raping civilians ..be very careful about what you call some of the Marines on here. Many of them have been too busy taking care of things that Marines take care of to notice all the things you are dissatisfied with about your current living arrangements.

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 03:53 PM
If anyone said anything about my "raping civilians" comments, I was going to let them know it was just in jest towards you specifically.

And you're right, other Marines are busy with other things. I noticed it, I can manage my time to include it, so why not? We can't all take care of everything...that doesn't mean we should ignore other things.

outlaw3179
05-07-07, 04:01 PM
Well Im done...In my opinion...your recruiter failed you and the Marine Corps. Your drill instructors failed you and you have failed the Marine Corps. Right now you may be sliming around , getting by...

Quinbo
05-07-07, 04:02 PM
Used to have a blow up matress to carry to the field ... most of them leaked but anyway we all called them strawberry .... or what was that other name we called em? ;)

GunsUp
05-07-07, 04:05 PM
Well... I'm going to say back off out of respect for Strawberry... The whole "moral tool" mentality is getting out of hand here. Like I said, conditions won't change as long as work is doled out to the lowest bidder... Kind of like our weapons systems.

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 04:08 PM
Strawberry YOU are the reason WOMEN MARINES have a bad reputation. You are the reason why a WOMAN MARINE can not and will never be fully let into this organization without a sense of distrust.
You're right.
What with all my PT.
My hard work.
My not getting in trouble.
Not getting pregnant.
Not getting out of work.
Volunteering for duties so other Marines can have time with their families.
Not sleeping around.
Not dressing sluttily.
Not using my "feminine wiles" to get what I want.

You're right, man alive, what was I thinking.

You're really not good at analyzing people. Hope future wifey never asks you to find a babysitter. With your random judgements based on, well, nothing, for all I know the kid could end up with a pedophile.

Bulkyer: I think you called them "can't get laid to save my life, have to have sex with plastic."
This is pathetic. You guys can't come up with anything legit, so quick, sexual harassment! THAT'LL FIX EVERYTHING!! YAY!! GO US AND NOT WANTING TO THINK! HIGH FIVE, GUYS!! WOO-HOO! zOMG I HAET COGNITIVE DISSONANSE, DON'T U GUYS, LULZ!!!@@!!

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 04:14 PM
You guys sit back and cry that you think I'm calling all of you idiots.

And then LOOK at how you reply, like a bunch of ****ing idiots.

You can buy glasses for your eyes, a prosthetic leg to make up for the one they amputated, a brand new face if you don't like yours...but you can't fix stupid.

I'm not saying you're ALL stupid, oh hell no, not by a long shot. Not even most of you. Just a select handful that make the rest of us look bad, like these choice fellow Bellau woodsmen. I don't even believe that you're an 03--, Outlaw. You can't even put together a thought that doesn't involve some mystical, magical world you've setup for yourself. You'd have blown yourself up by now.

Quinbo
05-07-07, 04:17 PM
You are so right Strawberry .... what the hell was I thinking? Lets just from now on have only females in the Marines and give them all a condo to live in. You were kidding with the whole thread right?

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 04:19 PM
You didn't read anything. You just saw that I was a girl, read some other posts, and then put together some kind of sentence and vomited all over the keyboard and hit "submit."

That's the ONLY way you could come to that conclusion. There's not way you're actually THAT retarded. I know reading probably isn't your strongpoint, but this is ridiculous. You are saying 100% opposite of what I'm saying, then asking if that's what I meant. You can't be that stupid, you just had to not have read my posts.

Other members understand what I'm saying, so that's how I know the both of you are just being dumb and reading random tidbits here and there. I can only spoon-feed you the same thing so many times before it becomes apparent that you're only here to annoy me because this means you get to talk to a girl.

Quinbo
05-07-07, 04:30 PM
Are you sure about the girl part? I saw your pofile picture LMAO.

Step right up http://www.bealenet.com/~bulkyker/RESUME.doc

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 04:32 PM
Yikes, yeah, ****, she hits the gym! And that was only after a month, a couple years ago. <br />
<br />
Oooooh no! <br />
<br />
<br />
You think that insults me? I know what I look like, I work for what I look like....

Quinbo
05-07-07, 04:38 PM
You have just made your drill instructor proud .... carry on :thumbdown

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 04:42 PM
That's remarkably similar to what Outlaw said.

So...your replies are both stupid AND unoriginal. I guess I can't expect a guy who sounds like he should be wearing a helmet to actually think of something himself...you're just more proof that higher education can't fix stupid.

It's okay, you're not alone. It happens. The best thing to do is to try harder. You'll get there someday, I believe in you! :thumbup:

Quinbo
05-07-07, 04:47 PM
Ohhh boy LMAO ... yup I'm 15 although my profile shows that I am 42 .... if you look close at the profile pic you will see a Navy achievement medal, a combat action ribbon , 4 stars on a sea service deployment ribbon ... I have more time as a sergeant than you have as a Marine. Feel free to shake me down.

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 04:51 PM
You...are you serious? Is that seriously your reply. I went ahead and edited the wording before you replied to take out the "15 year-old part," but I know I said "sounds like." SOUNDS LIKE. Not ARE, but SOUNDS LIKE. It still says "sounds like."

I didn't think you were actually 15...I...can't...be..liev..e that...you actually thou..ght...that. What the hell...?

WAIT A MINUTE.
I SEE YOUR TACTIC!

You're trying to reply with the most stupid, idiotic, moronic comments as possible in hopes that you'll give me a brain anuerism! Oooh, boy, it almost worked! You had me seriously slowing down there, look at all the ellipses!

Good thing I caught on to your crafty tactics, Sgt of Marines! I was thiiiis close to bleeding out my ears because of the sheer idiocy of your posts! Haha, good one!

Quinbo
05-07-07, 04:59 PM
This is simply a website for Marines to gather and chat. Hopefully Strawberry is not representing the next generation as it would be a embarrassment to us all.

Strawberry ... get a grip on the rank structure dude

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 05:00 PM
On a side note, I'm just joking with you now. There were some things I was going to say, but when I went to your profile and to see if you were still in the Corps or not, I saw your picture, the wrinkles of concern and possible sights of "the ****" on your face, and just couldn't do it, out of respect for any past incidences or Marines under you.

I meet a lot of people who disagree with my ideas and the stuff I want to do, it's the same attitude as on the boards, just in real life. Because I deal with it almost daily, I can't get mad at it...I'd be a very angry person. At first, I was coming back with snippy remarks in hopes that a "fire vs fire" approach would get people to realize that they really had no reason to freak out about this thread. But I can only keep up that jerk-tone for so long, which is why I'm making it obvious (or trying to) that I'm just joking around with you guys now instead of coming back with the same kind of responses I'm getting.

I was going to PM this to you, but figured it'd be best put up here so people know what the hell's going on in my head. As I said to Zulu on another board, I know full well that I "sound" angry, but in reality it's far from the truth. I'm optimistic, but at the same time that doesn't mean I can just ignore the world around me, which is why threads like this, where I see problems with things, pop up.

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 05:02 PM
This is simply a website for Marines to gather and chat. Hopefully Strawberry is not representing the next generation as it would be a embarrassment to us all.

Strawberry ... get a grip on the rank structure dude
I wanted to gather and chat, but I guess I have to go through some kind of initiation to get to chat with you and Outlaw without being called a morale booster?

As for getting a grip on rank structure, uh, what? Your avatar says you're a Sgt. Your picture says you're a Sgt. I called you a Sgt.

Oh, you know what? Maybe because I threw in "of Marines." I didn't say SgtMaj of the Marine Corps, I said Sgt of Marines. That's something we say here, maybe too next-gen? "(insert rank) of Marines." It's akin to calling someone a devil dog. Usually accompanied with an Oorah, especially after being given an order or if someone passes on some word. "Yes sir, Cpl of Marines, oorah!" We use it for all ranks, even Pvt.

Marine84
05-07-07, 05:20 PM
OOHRAH! You nailed it! <br />
<br />
Strawberry - got over yourself. You're probably one of those WMs (and, yes, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE! But that's the other thread.) that is chompin' at the bit waiting...

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 05:23 PM
Marine84: Outlaw would have "nailed it" if any of it was actually accurate. You call me a WM, but I don't sleep around and I never have. You guys are literally just saying random BS.

Your second paragraph, aside from the fact that I know my name isn't "noble," that's the kind of thing I was looking for: an answer to my OP. That's all. Did you really need to sit here and make fun of me?

It's funny, you seem to barely read my posts, throw a bunch of insults my way, then claim that I'm the one giving female Marines a bad name...not that anyone calls us petty and b!tchy, right?

As for the food, it's not going to affect 100% of the population. No one suggested that. You really, really enjoy putting words in my mouth, don't you? I guess that makes it easier to say something rude to me...after all, the "me" you're trying to talk to/about doesn't actually exist anywhere but in your own head. Maybe you don't have any behavioral problems, but I see some reading and social problems.

I still have this question: what I'm trying to do doesn't hurt any of you and doesn't take out any of your time, so why exactly are you being so flamboyant and silly about it? You realize that all this WM, namby pamby bullsh!t is 100% your creation and has nothing to do with my actual post, right?

Marine84
05-07-07, 05:40 PM
Marine84: Outlaw would have "nailed it" if any of it was actually accurate. You call me a WM, but I don't sleep around and I never have. You guys are literally just saying random BS.

He DID! I AM a WM and it means JUST what it is - WOMAN MARINE! Anybody can call it what they want - long as YOU know you don't sleep around, what do you CARE what some M&M calls you? He's just jelous cause he CAN'T get it.

Your second paragraph, aside from the fact that I know my name isn't "noble,"

Looks like you're not reading as closely either - I don't remember saying anything about your name.

And I would appreciate it if you would tone down the testosterone a little with me - I'm an older Sister to you............................or do they not pass THAT on these days either?

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 05:48 PM
No, you're right, you said noble "cause" not "name."

And I'm sorry, I just...well, it's frustrating when you're asking for advice from older, saltier Marines, and they instead try to turn this around into being some kind of pu$$y just because you had an idea. Hell, implement it on a small scale to make sure it works before we pour more money into it. I know they do that, like with kitchenettes in Okinawa, or one or two barracks that's trying to implement the "field day only once a month, plus you can furnish your barracks since it's your living space" idea (or was it a MCO that was fell away)?

I just took a smoke break, and I realized that I already got some suggestions, so if anyone wanted to throw something new to me, they can message or email me. This is really just a flameboard now, unfortunately. I wanted help from older Marines who know the system more than I do, and instead it's just working on the principle that one bad post deserves another. So that's all, I got what I wanted so I really don't have to keep coming back for a bland regurgitation of the same tired sh!t. Not directing this at you, Marine84.

Marine84
05-07-07, 06:08 PM
Why would we tell you to do something that would REALLLLLLLY hurt your enlistment?????? If you think your life sucks now trying to prove yourself every day - it would be hell on wheels for the next few years for you............no matter where you go, no matter who you're under or when you go - your name will be $h!t before you even darken the doorway of the next duty station. Do you REALLY think we're going to cheer you on and tell you the hell with the chain of command - write Senators and Congressmen? As long as you wear the uniform, don't let your bulldog mouth overload your chijuaha a$$.

thedrifter
05-07-07, 06:21 PM
Locking down...

Some folks need to understand to RESPECT other Marines Opinions, besides Respect to their Fellow Marines

Ellie