PDA

View Full Version : Attention Nam Bro's

NamGrunt68
07-16-02, 07:22 PM
Alright Arzach, Sparrowhawk, DingDong, USMC0311, Namnuts (dat one still cracks me up JOS) and JV..... and any Nam bro's I have missed....I have a bad case of CRAFT and I don't remember some o ya............I know you bro's is gonna pass out about this post comin from me, but here's our chance to show these New and Improved Marines something about watchin sixers......course this is peacetime watchin.........This here Moween Gary lost his job and ain't got no puter....He loves his bro's and bro'ettes and needs to stay in contact with them or else he will turn into a "Doggie" and we can't let dat happen. So I say that Shaffer or one of the other moderators should contact Gary and tell him weez gonna have a fund drive for him....if we can just send in $5.00 apiece and if Shaffer will mass email or PM the members why we could have that Marine a Puter before you can say "Ricky Tic" or "DiDi Mou"...I must be havin a weak moment here....must be sumthin my CO fed me fer dinner.....all I know is that I would croak if I couldn't stay in touch with my Nam bro's and It bothers me that this Marine might not be able to stay in touch with his....
I am basing this request on our "Old Band o Brothers Creed" which simply was "Watch yer bro's Sixer".........How bout it Shaffer......git it goin will ya??

wrbones
07-16-02, 07:26 PM
yer pretty eloquent yerself. If they don't listen to me, mebbe they'll listen to you.It's god damn pleasure to watch ya operate, Marine.

NamGrunt68
07-16-02, 07:29 PM
ain't no thang man...I just know how I would feel if'n I couldn't comm with my Nam bro's and other Marines......all we need now is an address and we can get dis Marine a puter !!!

thedrifter
07-16-02, 07:40 PM
We are working on this already...

Jerry and I are getting info together that we can send out to you.
When we have all info.....I will e-mail, PM, or post it ...

We are on Our First Mission...

Thanks,

Roger

I might need helpers.....

And I want to Thank NamGrunt68 .......

arzach
07-16-02, 08:30 PM
when a Bro is up against we'll pull him thru it!
count me in.

matter o fact, i'll give a little somethin' here first.

USMC0311
07-16-02, 09:13 PM
Hey NamGrunt.10-4 I'm in
nuther note bout puters...Talked to web TV today..They got into the chat Room ...said ain't ther systems problem...Users may have a COOKIE problem..said get rid of COOKIES and if PEOPLE still have a problem Call 1-800-469-3288 WebTV will hook ya up!!
Semper Fi, Marines!!

NamGrunt68
07-16-02, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by USMC0311
Hey NamGrunt.10-4 I'm in
nuther note bout puters...Talked to web TV today..They got into the chat Room ...said ain't ther systems problem...Users may have a COOKIE problem..said get rid of COOKIES and if PEOPLE still have a problem Call 1-800-469-3288 WebTV will hook ya up!!
Semper Fi, Marines!!

Thanks fer the sitrep bro !! How bout some late night Java wid a lil Jamesons and Napalm !!!

JP YH08
07-16-02, 10:53 PM
ME in . Just let us know where to send Supply , Will air deliver.

S/F JP

jv3074
07-16-02, 11:34 PM
Just need a snail mail addy.

SF
JV

USMC0311
07-16-02, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by NamGrunt68

Thanks fer the sitrep bro !! How bout some late night Java wid a lil Jamesons and Napalm !!!
roger Java Dane..wheres the hole Bro?

JAMarine
07-19-02, 03:44 PM
JAM's in. Just say when.

badbob
07-20-02, 11:47 AM
On partol and PRC 10 is down, not good, not good at all.

We gota get that Grunt some comm gear and bring him home!

I May have a PC to donate - will check office on Monday. and post sutuation report.

Semper Fi says it all,

Later Bros

Bob Neener
Golf 2/9 Lima 3/3
Vietnam 1965-1966

http://3rdmarines.net

badbob
07-23-02, 08:33 AM
I have a PC, CPU only - no monitor, mouse or Keyboard, that I'll donate to the cause.

It 's about 2 1/2 years old. K5 333Mhz - no modem, but I may have one laying around that I can install.

let me know who and where to ship to.

Semper Fi
Bob

Golf 2/9 Lima 3/3
Vietnam 1965-1966
http://3rdMarines.net

USMC0311
07-23-02, 08:53 AM
Not absolutely positive badbob, but I believe that Gary is hooked up allready.
There has been no post I have seen to "stand-down" maybe thedrifter knows for sure, seen post by him and Gary yesterday. 7/22
SF Joe T.

thedrifter
07-23-02, 08:57 AM
Thanks, for all your trouble....I will PM you with all the info.....
I know this Marine will be real happy and will let you and us know how he appreciates all the work we are doing for him......

Sempers,

Roger

THANKS MARINE

badbob
07-23-02, 12:18 PM
Glad to be here, and Damn glad I can be in a position to help another Marine.

Will get this PC up and out to Gary in a day or two.

Gotta go to the Comm Bunker and part it together. 10-4

Semper Fi,

Bob
0351 - **** Tubes

SSgtOfMarines
07-23-02, 01:08 PM
the keyboard, mouse and speakers, and all cables. Just dont have an extra monitor. Someone let me know the deal.

Sgt E

thedrifter
07-23-02, 01:19 PM
Thanks to badbob we have a computer for Gary....
Would like to Thank Bob for his kind offer.......Gary will be receiving this in a few days...
Sparrowhawk already has taken care of the keyboard...

SgtOfMarines.......your kind offer I will be most delighted to accept....will give you info through PM....

What I can see at the time is the monitor...
At the time I'm still looking but if anyone knows of one Please let me know.....It would sure be appreciated...

Sempers,

Roger

THANK YOU ALL IN THE EFFORT OF HELPING A MARINE............

SSgtOfMarines
07-23-02, 01:22 PM
what type mouse connector does he need? old style or ps2?

Sgt E

wrbones
07-23-02, 01:29 PM
GET SOME!

usmccwo2
07-23-02, 01:43 PM
Count me in guys! I'm always here to help a fellow Marine!
Just give me an address, and its as good as done!

Gunner

Gary
07-23-02, 02:16 PM
the posts on this thread, and I want you all to know how much I appreciate what you all are doing for me, I can get on line for an hour a day and then I have to wait till the next day to get back on, Dang Library Computers :mad: but I guess I shouldn't b!tch too much, at least I can get on line and talk to all my Brothers and Sisters once a day Again I want to thank all of you for your support

badbob
07-24-02, 11:23 AM
Both the Mouse & Keyboard use a PS-2 connection, it's the small connector.

A step down adaptor will work on the Keypoard, but some mice may not respond properly if stepped down.

I should have this box up and runninhg sometime tomorrow. It will ship with Win 98 Second Edition as it's opperating system.

Roger, ask Gary if he wants MS Office installed.

Later Bros

Semper Fi
Bob

thedrifter
07-24-02, 11:37 AM
Thanks again...

I tried to reach him, but he wasn't around......

Please do install the MS Office....

Sempers,

Roger

badbob
07-25-02, 10:39 AM
Gary's PC is comming along nicely, and we should have it all configured sometime today.

We will ship tomorrow baring any driver issues with the Modem, (have a modem, but still looking for its driver) is't a bastard - OEM so can't download it from MFG.

We should have this fixed today.

Looks like the only issue is the Monitor, lets get to work on this Most-Ricky-Tic.

In worst case, we raise a little cash.

Later

Semper Fi,
Bob

Willie
07-25-02, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by badbob
Gary's PC is comming along nicely, and we should have it all configured sometime today.

We will ship tomorrow baring any driver issues with the Modem, (have a modem, but still looking for its driver) is't a bastard - OEM so can't download it from MFG.

This might help. Driver Guide.com (http://www.driverguide.com)

User Name: drivers
Password: all

You should be able to find the drivers that you seek there.

SSgtOfMarines
07-25-02, 11:57 AM
will be sent out via post office tomorrow.

Semper Fidelis

badbob
07-26-02, 11:14 AM
PC is up and running, will go out via UPS today.

Semper Fi
Bob

USMC0311
08-14-02, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by NamGrunt68

been awhile Dane..still waitin for the G-2 on the late night!!
JoeT@USMC0311.com

Semper Fi, Dane

Static_Sky
08-14-02, 05:26 PM
throw my name on that list too fella's

Static_Sky
08-14-02, 05:27 PM
suppose I read this one a bit late