PDA

View Full Version : Typical day

RJOHNSON
05-06-07, 09:47 AM
I ship out in two weeks and I was wondering what is a typical day like in bootcamp. Like what time you wake up until the time you go to sleep and will I have enough time to write home.

jackson07
05-06-07, 09:54 AM
0500, 2200, yes. Use the search function on the board.

Marine84
05-06-07, 06:06 PM

Dang, ya'll get an extra hour now!

GySgtRet
05-06-07, 06:47 PM
What are you taliking about an extra hour? The bennies of being a recruit it doesn't get any better than that...!!!

:banana: :yes:

Phantom Blooper
05-06-07, 08:23 PM
They swith bootcamp to eleven (11) weeks I am sure the breakdown won't be much different. <br />
<br />
How your 13 weeks are broken down in actual hours: <br />
<br />
Instructional Time (The Crucible / Combat Water...

SgtHMH
05-06-07, 10:48 PM
It is not something that can be inherited, nor can it be purchased. No amount of money will buy it. It is not for sale and it may not be barrowed. It isn't a birthright and it doesn't come easily. It must be earned. It requires honor, courage and commitment. It's reward is the result of hard work and even spilled blood. It is a sacrifice. It remembers those lives that went before. Once earned, it can never be taken away. You and the brotherhood of the Corps, maintain it forever.

The Title

United States Marine

Semper Fi

nsfdmedic
05-07-07, 03:28 AM
one of the joys of boot camp was not knowing from day to day what was on the training schdule, this kept us on our toes, but also you don't have a chance to worry about what is coming up. go where your told, do what your told and soon you get your ega. great day for all who have lived thru it

killerinstinct
05-07-07, 08:29 AM
just remember there is mor etime for the DI's to **** with you so the shcedule wont mean **** anyways everyday is a new game

BR34
05-07-07, 10:07 AM
Don't expect those 8 hours of sleep that's promised to you. It's actually 8 hours of darkness. The lights may be out for 8 but I'm sure you won't be sleeping during the first or the last. And if you have firewatch you can hope for maybe 4.5.

Enjoy your stay at Paradise Island.

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 10:26 AM
You won't be able to write home for the first few days, and you won't want to.
After you get settled in a squad bay, you get an hour before bed for "square away time," in which you can write a letter if you choose. This priveledge is sometimes taken from you by your DI's.
You wake up between 0200 and 0500, depending on what you're doing that day, get dressed, march to breakfast, and head to do whatever it is you're doing that day. You get lunch, then you continue doing whatever you're doing, then you get dinner, head back to the squad bay, shower, 1 hour square away time, 5 minute devotional time (devos), then bed. This is all assuming you don't have fire watch in the middle of the night.
FYI, breakfast, lunch, and dinner are called morning chow, afternoon chow, and evening chow, respectively. You'll learn a lot of new terminology, most of which will not carry over into the Fleet unless you work with a moto platoon sergeant. You don't call it an "ink stick," you don't call it a "port hole," you don't call it a "hatch." We do it as a joke mostly. You will refer to various skin tones in varying degrees of green, though. For example, you don't say "The black Marine," you say "the dark green Marine."