PDA

View Full Version : Civilian sex offenders in base housing

mrshoss
05-04-07, 08:23 PM
Hello everyone, sorry to intrude on your board, but I want to get this message as far and wide as possible. We are a Marine Corps family of 18 years of service stationed at NPS in Monterey, CA. We live on the former Fort Ord, now known as Ord Military Community, in "base" housing. Housing is managed by a private company, Pinnacle, per the Public Private Iniative Venture. They have recently allowed a civilian registered sex offender to move into an older unit right smack in the middle of many military families with small children. His unit is less than 1000 ft from an elementary school, a day care/community center, and less than 2000ft of another elementary school, which puts him in direct violation of CA Penal Code 3003.5 (b) known as Jessica's Law, passed into law on the CA Nov 2006 ballot. The law establishes Predator Free Zones, and states that any registered sex offender cannot live within 2000 ft of a school or park. Apparently there is debate in courts if this law is to be applied retroactively, or only applied to offenders convicted, released from prison or parole, after Jan 1. 2007. Lawyers for 3 convicted sex offenders are currently arguing that over 70 % of CA voters didn't really mean for the law to apply to any registered sex offenders prior to Jan. 1, 2007. ( @@) At any rate, Pinnacle has a clause in their contract with the military that allows them to rent a percentage of older housing that is un occupied for 14 days to civilians. They claim that this child sex offender is protected by federal and state Laws (Fair Housing Act, and Megan's Law, respectively) and could not deny him housing, and cannot evict him now. There are clauses within each federal and state law that protects rental agencies but Pinnacle chose the path of least resistance, which conveniently, also puts profit in their pockets from older housing. They didn't even know about Jessica's Law, had not even heard of it! (On Pinnacle's website they specifically state that non military resident applicants must have NO misdemeanor or felony convictions. They have a printable non military application what specifically asks if the applicant or second applicant has been convicted of any crimes.) Meanwhile this convicted child molester is elevated to a protected class, and afforded higher priority rights than military service members and their families- IN BASE HOUSING! I feel that Pinnacle's business practices (this is one of many dirty, underhanded practices) need to be made public so other military families can make informed decisions before they decide to live within The Parks, or La Mesa communities. I know it is a choice to live in "base" housing, but in this area, it becomes a matter of picking the lesser evil, and it is reprehensible that military families are put into that situation. Adequate base housing is a benefit of serving in the military, and convicted child molesters should NOT be afforded that same benefit in military communities. Thank you for listening. And just to CMA, I need to say that this information is not intended for purposes, or intent, to cause harassment to said offender. ( @@ ) Only to inform any person(s) that may be at risk without such knowledge. Blah blah blah and KMA child sex offenders!

jebollenbach
05-04-07, 08:41 PM
Have you tried contacting the Base Commander?

GySgtRet
05-04-07, 08:53 PM
I am thinking the same thing as Gunny Bollenbach, take it to the command. Since the Marine Corps tried to resist not going to the contractors for housing for the most part they aren't too bad. But in this case they are just linning their pockets like you said. Hey don't try being so politically correct you didn't do the offending this person that commited the crime needs to get out of dodge. He probably gave a sob story or something or even lied about his offenses???? Being PC in this case doesn't wash I am glad that you have brought this up. If I hear of anybody heading your direction I will warn them here from Quantico.

mrshoss
05-04-07, 08:55 PM
Have you tried contacting the Base Commander?

Yes, the Garrison Commander is aware and approved of a letter that was hand delivered to residents about the sex offender. Her response was a 4 page letter, one paragraph to tell us about the Megan's Law website, and 3 1/2 PAGES to tell us of his rights and protections.

davecerami275
05-04-07, 08:56 PM
We had one out here where i live. I found all the information on-line, including his mug shot. Then i printed about 100 copies of the information that i found. Then i gave a copy to every neighbor, posted one on every phone pole. and posted a copy at the convenience store, and at the feed store. The owner of the feed store gave a copy to everybody that came in. After about two weeks of this information being plastered across the ENTIRE neighborhood the POS moved.

marinegreen
05-04-07, 09:03 PM
You got to be kidding !! Sometimes I wonder if they dont look for these sic bastards to offend again cuz its news and you know without death,rape,mayhem,murder so on and so forth that our society would be pretty dang boring (sarcastic)...... The guilty have more rights then the victims anymore.

mrshoss
05-04-07, 09:13 PM
Trust me, I'd rather peel my toe nails off with pliers than be PC about this, but according to the "law" if anything I tell anyone else causes him to feel "harrassed" I can be fined up $25,000-...

OLE SARG
05-04-07, 10:13 PM
Sounds like this sicko might need a "soapy blanket party"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST ONE COMPLAINT OF HIM EVEN TRYING TO CONTACT A CHILD COULD RESULT IN AN UNTIMELY FATAL ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

ggyoung
05-05-07, 12:12 PM
These people have more rights than we who obay the laws of the land. As much as I hate to say it, It will probley take something bad to happen to get this slime moved away. Keep us posted as to what happens.

Marine84
05-05-07, 04:25 PM
You have GOT to be kidding me!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :scared:

tntmondy
05-05-07, 05:19 PM
Contact the local police department and the local parole/probation office and let them know that he is in violation of Jessica's law. Yes they should know, but may not. Another web site that is very good to find out exactly how close offenders are living to you and schools is www.familywatchdog.us Another good avenue is the news media, let them ask the tough questions of Pinnacle on camera. Make sure your children are aware that this individual is not someone to associate with and to report any contact that individual has even if it is a simple hello to a parent or trusted adult. Miami, Fl has the right idea, let the child molesters live under a bridge in a card board box and send parole agents to make sure they are there everyday.

Roulette
05-05-07, 07:02 PM
Bridge? what bridge?

SSgt Blue
05-05-07, 07:35 PM
I'm not shure if you have contacted the base MP's in your area or not. As a Military poilce officer I would have loved to found out that a scum page like that was on my base or in houseing. Next you need to call a CID officer @ PMO on the base also ans I know that they will love to chat with him on this issue. I know for a fack that I have tossed many nut job's off Camp Pendelton that were in base house and I made it a point to cheak up on dirt bags and drug users.... I would use a flyer and post it at PMO'S Office and on every wall in the place. Sgt. Blue out
:devious: That SORRY SOB needs to go !!!!!!

SSgt Blue
05-05-07, 07:44 PM
Sorry for the type O's everyone

mrshoss
05-07-07, 01:24 AM
I'm not shure if you have contacted the base MP's in your area or not. As a Military poilce officer I would have loved to found out that a scum page like that was on my base or in houseing. Next you need to call a CID officer @ PMO on the base also ans I know that they will love to chat with him on this issue. I know for a fack that I have tossed many nut job's off Camp Pendelton that were in base house and I made it a point to cheak up on dirt bags and drug users.... I would use a flyer and post it at PMO'S Office and on every wall in the place. Sgt. Blue out
:devious: That SORRY SOB needs to go !!!!!!

The thing is, this is not a regular "base" per-say. We don't have MP's. Base housing was turned over to a private company to manage. Almost all base housing is being turned over to a private company. On a traditional "base" I don't think they can rent to civilians, but here they can. There is a priority list- something like, active duty first, then retired miltary members, then DoD civilians, NPS/DLI instructors, on down the line, and general public is last on the list. It's absurd that the miltary gave up this much control over base housing.

mrshoss
05-07-07, 01:29 AM
Contact the local police department and the local parole/probation office and let them know that he is in violation of Jessica's law. Yes they should know, but may not. Another web site that is very good to find out exactly how close offenders are living to you and schools is www.familywatchdog.us (http://www.familywatchdog.us) Another good avenue is the news media, let them ask the tough questions of Pinnacle on camera. Make sure your children are aware that this individual is not someone to associate with and to report any contact that individual has even if it is a simple hello to a parent or trusted adult. Miami, Fl has the right idea, let the child molesters live under a bridge in a card board box and send parole agents to make sure they are there everyday.

The agencies you listed were contacted. They hadn't even heard of Jessica's Law. They asked if the caller mean Megan's Law?!? I believe the media has been contacted as well by several people. We have a town hall meeting monday, we'll see what they say and go from there.

Jarheadtanker
05-07-07, 03:03 AM
Sounds like this sicko might need a "soapy blanket party"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST ONE COMPLAINT OF HIM EVEN TRYING TO CONTACT A CHILD COULD RESULT IN AN UNTIMELY FATAL ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Who cares about giving this dirtbag a hard time? If I was in the area, I would arrainge the soapy blanket party. I would also make it a weekly event. I would make sure he would leave "on his own".

Jarheadtanker
05-07-07, 03:06 AM
Actually, I wouldn't make it weekly; I would make it "whenever possible" as in: on sight.

DougRagan
05-07-07, 04:27 AM
Toss the little prick on a train to Miami. We take care of our sexual offenders, we give them a nice spot under a bridge.
Check this out. (http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Story?id=3096547&page=1)