PDA

View Full Version : What do the "Common People" want...

drumcorpssnare
05-04-07, 07:59 AM
In regards to the struggle in Iraq, what do the "common people" want?

For the sake of this particular topic, the "common people" are defined as everyone EXCEPT politicians and the active military...American and Iraqi.

Do the Americans just want Iraq's oil? Does America care, if Iraq can sucessfully implement a democracy? Do the Iraqi's really care about the political process, or is it all about being controlled by clerics?

Please don't post what the President should do. Or the Dems. Or the Joint Chiefs.

What do the "common people" want...?

drumcorpssnare:usmc:

HOLM
05-04-07, 09:26 AM
With a title like that, I thought you were running a poll for a communist dictator.

:banana::banana::banana:

Why not include the active military? Most of them are common folks. The only difference I see is that the commoners in uniform tend have a heightened sense of duty and honor.

As I talk about this issue with those around me... The average civilian tends to not really give a chit one way or the other... ME ME ME. If is doesn't effect them directly.. Why should they care. Most don't have a grip on what the hell is going on. That counts for both the "common" supporter and objector to the war.

That certainly is only just my opinion. And I am not sure it is accurate.

I have a remodeling co. in the Kansas City area, and I do a bunch of work for retired officers in Leavenworth. Their opinions are usually quite different from that of the average person. But I think that is the case about lots of things.....

MGySgtSki
05-04-07, 09:42 AM
In regards to the struggle in Iraq, what do the "common people" want?

For the sake of this particular topic, the "common people" are defined as everyone EXCEPT politicians and the active military...American and Iraqi.

Do the Americans just want Iraq's oil? Does America care, if Iraq can sucessfully implement a democracy? Do the Iraqi's really care about the political process, or is it all about being controlled by clerics?

Please don't post what the President should do. Or the Dems. Or the Joint Chiefs.

What do the "common people" want...?

drumcorpssnare:usmc:

Drum,

Given that criteria for "common people", I'm thinking you picked the wrong forum to post the question. There aren't too many "common people" here at Leatherneck.

S/F

semperfi170
05-04-07, 10:56 AM
If Marines were common people, we would not be Marines!!! I agree with HOLM, not many people really have a grasp on what is going on, nor do they really care, because other than rising gas prices there is not a direct impact on them! Speaking of rising gas prices, why is that a lot of folks will pay up to $10/gallon for bottled water by buying it a convenience store and then complain about paying between $3 to $4 for a gallon of gas.