PDA

View Full Version : Should We Have Gun Control for Psychotics?

thedrifter
05-04-07, 07:51 AM
Should We Have Gun Control for Psychotics? <br />
by Steve Chapman <br />
Posted 05/03/2007 ET <br />
Updated 05/03/2007 ET <br />
<br />
In the aftermath of the Virginia Tech massacre, there was the usual debate between...

drumcorpssnare
05-04-07, 08:10 AM
I'm sure we're probably all in agreement that people who have serious mental issues should not be allowed to "buy" guns. That will not necessarily preclude them from obtaining guns though. They still have the option to steal guns.

drumcorpssnare:usmc:

JinxJr
05-04-07, 08:26 AM
Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

Enforce the "gun control laws" we ALREADY have, don't make more.

64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Criminals love gun control -- it makes their jobs safer.

The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore
the others.

Dave Coup
05-04-07, 10:01 AM
Concur with both of you. More gun control laws will not derease the # of guns or make it any more difficult to obtain one illegally any more than drug laws make it more difficult to obtain drugs.

SF

Dave

Arty0811
05-05-07, 07:40 PM
NY City has been looking for a way to ban firearms, NRA says: no,no,no Mr. B-

http://www.nysun.com/article/25187

mrbsox
05-06-07, 08:43 AM
The critics say the ban discriminates against people with mental illness, based on the erroneous assumption that they are more violent than other people.

NO !! It's not because they have proven to be more violent. It's because they have proven to be less RESPONSIBLE in careing for their own or public welfare/safety.

That's part of the problem, that the facts get turned around, and then people listen to the WRONG INFORMATION, because it is either convienent (for themselves) or SOUNDS like it should be.

10thzodiac
05-06-07, 09:11 AM
I think nobody should be able to own guns !!!

Just me...