PDA

View Full Version : not soon enough

jenrmurray
03-06-03, 12:54 AM
ahem. seven pounds until MEPS. :)

that is all.

22devilpup87-- how are you?? I've missed our morning chats the past couple of days. :)

wrbones
03-06-03, 01:01 AM
Right on track kiddo! Good job. Just a week or two more!

jenrmurray
03-06-03, 01:43 AM
ooooh yeeaahh. :)

22DevilPup87
03-06-03, 12:59 PM
I'm hangin' in there. I can't say much else ... just hangin' in there and workin' through what life hands me.

You're doin' well. Keep up that great work!

Now, how've you been?

jenrmurray
03-06-03, 01:07 PM
that sounds like a pretty positive attitude. :)

I've been well.. No complaints here. :)

22DevilPup87
03-06-03, 04:58 PM
I could complain, but what'd be the point? I rather use that energy constructively (only after myself a good rant).

Keep us posted on what's goin' on.

jenrmurray
03-06-03, 06:17 PM
I think complaining really makes a person feel better once in awhile... I'll even condone it, as long as you have a plan to solve the problem. ;)

DevilPup2004
03-06-03, 08:30 PM
So, 22DevilPup87, DO you have a plan to solve the problem? :)

ktriplett
03-06-03, 10:28 PM
I have a plan to solve the problem!!

What's the problem?

jenrmurray
03-06-03, 11:30 PM
HA!

ktriplett made a funny. ;)

Soon2BkidTx
03-07-03, 09:01 AM
So are you going to tell Ktriplett the problem? LOL

22DevilPup87
03-07-03, 11:26 AM
Did I ever say there was a problem?

I don't believe in problems or obstacles. Not all problems can be solved and some obstacles can't be worked through. In my world (I'm not a realist; deal with it.) only challenges exist. I can always rise to meet and conquer a challenge.

Briski - Yes, Sis, I have a plan.

Jen - I agree with you. Complaining can help ya feel better, clear your mind, and assist in coming to a solution. That's why there's a door to close to keep the sound in my room and out of the rest of the house when I have my rant.

ktriplett - Ha ha ;)

Soon2BkidTx - I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you yet. I'm Jess ... at the moment I'm nothing more than a wannabe but that'll change eventually. If ktriplett wants to know what's going on he can IM me in AIM but I think he should concentrate on himself for right now. He's shipping out next month!

ktriplett
03-07-03, 12:28 PM
22DevilPup87: That is one of the most admirable outlooks on life I have ever seen. You have the right frame of mind to tackle any thing life throws at you. If you are having a difficulty you want to talk about, you are more than welcome to IM me, but my above comment was just a joke. I'm not trying to pry into anywhere I don't belong. Hehe...I think I've got enough on my plate right now; April 7th is rapidly approaching!

All the rest of you: I like seeing this kind of dialogue. As important as it is for us, as poolees, to connect with other poolees at our stations, I think it is just as important for us to connect with poolees from other areas, and this is the perfect medium for such. We will all one day (hopefully) be brothers and sisters, so now's a great time for us to come together. The Marines are very helpful, but it is also good for us to motivate each other. After all, some of us are leaving around the same time and we may see each other in boot camp.

22DevilPup87
03-07-03, 12:39 PM
I knew you were joking ... that's why I laughed with ya.

We're going to keep our fingers crossed for you but your success at MCRD-SD will have nothing to do with luck. You'll earn it. We know you will.

DevilPup2004
03-07-03, 02:42 PM
ktriplett- Well said, Bro. The way I see it, we're Brothers and Sisters now. We may not be Marines yet, but we're together in that we hope to become Marines. We're PTing, memorizing, hoping, counting down the days, and being called called crazy by our peers together. Trying to convince parents that it's a good thing, picking career fields, running 'til we puke. Working on IST, PFT, and ASVAB scores. We're all in this together, and we can and should motivate each other and help each other along.

We may not be Marines, but we're all traveling the road to becoming Marines.

wrbones
03-07-03, 03:15 PM
About ****ing time you people got it!

Congratulations!

Yer one step closer to knowin' what it's all about.

Well done.

Soon2BkidTx
03-07-03, 06:18 PM
22DevilPup87- I havent had the pleasure of meeting you either. But my name is Brian, im 18, and im from Houston, Tx.....I am leaving for boot hopefully by the end of next week, and if not that, i have my name on March 24.....Cant wait....i know im gonna get my a$$ drilled into the ground, lol....but i know i will never quit....And i cant wait.....

DeivlPup2004- I feel on on that last comment....We're not Marine yet, but were all traveling the same road to get to where we need to be, and all fighting for the same title...We are all bros and sisters, and we are all in this togeather....

PS - if i miss this war, ill be ****ed...lol.....WHOAAAAAAAAA!!!!
(i spell that like a Texan...lol....)

Sixguns
03-07-03, 06:37 PM
wish you all great success in pursuing your goals and ambitions to become Marines!!!!

As the saying goes, "Been there and done that." Anyone who chooses the Corps is following in the footsteps of some great men and women and belongs to an organization with a proud history. Once you complete the rite of passage you will be one of us. And once you are one of us, no one can strip you of the title "MARINE"!!!!!!!

SF,