PDA

View Full Version : If It’s Not Lost, How Can We Win?

thedrifter
05-02-07, 07:58 AM
May 01, 2007, 0:35 p.m. <br />
<br />
If It’s Not Lost, How Can We Win? <br />
War buzz from Lt. Col. Patterson <br />
<br />
An NRO Q&amp;A <br />
<br />
Retired U.S. Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Robert “Buzz” Patterson is author of the...

HOLM
05-02-07, 08:31 AM
Ask Lincoln, Truman/FDR, Woodrow Wilson, ect. ect. ect.

Look at the papers and media for each of these wars. They looked just the same then as they do now.

It took a couple big victories right towards the end of each of these fights to turn the tables, and the US media... Now everyone claims these victories as their own..

What a bunch of crapp...

Sgt Leprechaun
05-02-07, 08:02 PM
I've reached the point where, if Sharia law did in fact come to this country, on the one hand I'd go down fighting....but on the other, I'd have a smile on my face, because I know that those who fought FOR it to come here, the Waxmans, Pelosi's, and the rest of the idiot left wing, would be the first to suffer under it. Can you imagine them trying to assert their 'right' to do what they do now, with some fanatical Mullah stuck in the 9th Century?

I've never understood why the most 'liberal' amongst us are all for the regimes that, if they ever came to power, would have ALL of them hanging from the nearest lampost.

If you can find it, the book "What to do when the Russians Come" is very instructive in regard to things like this. Those of us in the military and in law enforcement, despite most of our 'conservative' or 'anti communist' creditionals, would be 'assimiliated' into those new regimes (like it or not). Those who are in the streets protesting, smokin dope, raisin *ell, and 'fighting for' these types of regimes are usually the first to be "eliminated", simply because if they chafed under the freedom that they currently have, under the 'new and improved' regime, they will cause no end of trouble.

Again, the book is highly recommended, if you can find it. Very, very, instructive, and, despite the fall of the USSR, I believe still relevant to today.