PDA

View Full Version : info on helicopter crash 1972 or 1973

TazMatt
05-01-07, 12:09 PM
Can anyone tell me how to find out information on a helicopter crash at MARTD NAS ATLANTA either summer of 1972 or summer of 1973.I was stationed there and remember there was a crash during a training exercise but don't remmber the people am I am interested in finding out.Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I have Googled,Yahooed and a number of other searches but have not been able to come up with anything.Sgt.Mathis U.S.M.C. 1969-1975:usmc: :flag:

james f griffin
02-16-12, 11:14 AM
:usmc:Hi
I have most of the paper articles on the crash and photos.
send me an email or address and I will make copys and send or email
sgt grif

james f griffin
02-16-12, 11:16 AM
i hope you get this as i don't know if it worked

ChuckH
02-16-12, 11:43 AM
The original post was from almost 5 years ago...
Send him a pm.

james f griffin
02-16-12, 11:47 AM
I know but I just saw saw it and just subcribed .I hope it reaches someone that can use it

AirWingWooly
05-20-15, 12:34 PM
Did you get a reply to your quest to find out about that crash? I too was there and wanted to get the full names of those Marines. That was a very sad day for our detachment. I remember Miller, Denton, Isaacs but cannot remember their first names, nor the names of the LCPL and the Gunny aboard. I had to guard the site one evening.

devilbones2
05-20-15, 12:58 PM
Ok which one of you made the alt and dug this up? Joseph? Phantom? LCPL? I know it was one of you.

joseywales
05-20-15, 03:24 PM
people are STILL screwing around with 7 and 8 year old threads. Out-fkg-standing, people. :)

josephd
05-20-15, 09:14 PM
Hahahahahaha...wasn't me

AirWingWooly
05-20-15, 11:24 PM
Some of us just found this site. My reason for locating it was from a google searchhttp://contentcache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/#67484844) on the incident I asked about. Old or not, it is relevant. Plan to carry these guys names on a "Carry the Load" walk in our town on memorial day. Thanks to TazMatt for the info.

josephd
05-21-15, 12:01 AM
Some of us just found this site. My reason for locating it was from a google searchhttp://contentcache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/#67484844) on the incident I asked about. Old or not, it is relevant. Plan to carry these guys names on a "Carry the Load" walk in our town on memorial day. Thanks to TazMatt for the info.

start your own thread, not bring up an old one

AirWingWooly
05-21-15, 11:29 AM
Get a life.

josephd
05-22-15, 08:20 PM
Get a life.

I have one, I appreciate your concern though....real mature response by the way

USMC 2571
05-23-15, 05:51 AM
I usually side with josephd in things like this, new guys coming on and refusing to listen to reason, e.g. start your own thread, getting all excited about the idea of another Internet confrontation, LOL.

AirWingWooly
05-27-15, 03:16 PM
So in spite of people who seemingly have nothing to do with this thread think no one should be posting on it, everything I had to say on it was pertaining to the post. No one ever put an expiration date on a thread. My request for information was answered by someone who did have something to do with it. Thank you. I was able to honor Denton, Miller, Isaac, Kinsella, and Miles on Memorial day in a Carry the Load event.

PJones64
05-27-15, 09:15 PM
All right, keep moving, everyone, it's over, nothing to see here, move along. AirWing has a good point, but nothing else to see. Keep moving along, folks.

m14ed
05-28-15, 03:56 AM
Some of us just found this site.
My reason for locating it was from a google searchhttp://contentcache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/#67484844) on the incident I asked about.
Old or not, it is relevant.
Plan to carry these guys names on a "Carry the Load" walk in our town on memorial day.
Thanks to TazMatt for the info.

start your own thread, not bring up an old one

I usually side with josephd in things like this,
new guys coming on and refusing to listen to reason, e.g. start your own thread, getting all excited about the idea of another Internet confrontation, LOL.

Old threads exist,,,and are left open for reason....

and the youngster defends himself very well with facts,
not bull$hit or opinion...
Joe and a few others would have you delete MarineCorps History
prior to the time they earned the title of Marine ????
Some others don't see it that way...

So in spite of people who seemingly have nothing to do with this thread
think no one should be posting on it,

everything I had to say on it was pertaining to the post.

No one ever put an expiration date on a thread.

My request for information was answered by someone
who did have something to do with it.

Thank you.
I was able to honor Denton, Miller, Isaac, Kinsella, and Miles on Memorial day in a Carry the Load event.

Well Said kid

PJones64
05-28-15, 12:41 PM
Please, Ed. No tears.

PJones64
05-28-15, 12:51 PM
old threads are now called Marine Corps History. Good posting there, Edwardo.

josephd
05-28-15, 12:55 PM
Old threads exist,,,and are left open for reason....

and the youngster defends himself very well with facts,
not bull$hit or opinion...
Joe and a few others would have you delete MarineCorps History
prior to the time they earned the title of Marine ????
Some others don't see it that way...

Well Said kid

Marine Corps history and proper forum etiquette are completely different things, I am a moderator, administrator, and part-owner of a few other websites/forums.(I understand this thread kind of falls in a grey area as it has to do with both). There was no reason for OP to become hostile with me though as I was not being hostile with him, he just took me saying "start your own thread" as threatening in some way

I am actually kind of insulted that you would even say that I "would have you delete Marine Corps history prior to the time they earned the title.."

I am not a part of the self entitled generation.

joseywales
05-28-15, 01:00 PM
Threads are hardly "Marine Corps history".

josephd
05-28-15, 01:09 PM
Threads are hardly "Marine Corps history".

my point exactly....this one I'll give some leeway to as it pertains to Marines passing away

m14ed
05-29-15, 02:09 AM
you be controlling the language,
you be controlling the conversation
and it's content......
you're beginning to sound like a
man who can't think for himself,
maybe a Democrat.....

politics aside,, what do you call a thread
with a person who asks details about the PAST ?
DeJaVu ???

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?67386-Info-About-a-1977-Helicopter-Crash
^click that and complain about people who continue to ADD ON to an
7 year old thread,,
IF it isn't history,,,,
I'll kiss yer ass at noon ,
give you a week advanced notice
to draw a crowd for where and when..

Marine1011
05-29-15, 05:51 AM
yes, Ed, let's keep this thread going forever with wonderful contributions like the one above. :)