PDA

View Full Version : Local Marines return to homelife

thedrifter
05-01-07, 06:50 AM
Local Marines return to homelife

Updated: April 30, 2007 07:06 PM

MUSKEGON HEIGHTS -- About 170 Marines from the Grand Rapids-based Alpha Company returned home Sunday after a tour of duty in one of Iraq's most dangerous regions.

One of those Marines is Sgt. Teddy Titus of Muskegon Heights.

"It was nice waking up in my own bed again," he told 24 Hour News 8 on Monday. While playing in the yard with his son, Titus recalled the missions he encountered overseas.

"You really don't think about it. You just, your heart starts pumping, you go with your training, start pushing through. And when you're done, that's when you think about it," he adds.

Sgt. Titus says he performed raids until an injury sidelined him. Never once, he says, did he feel safe.

"I'm not going to sit and lie and say I was never scared. Everybody was to a point."

Titus and his wife learned she was pregnant with their second child before Alpha Company left for Iraq seven months ago.

"She was like, 'You did it again, you're getting deployed again, and I'm pregnant again,'" he said. "There were a couple times, you worried. 'Am I going to make it out of this or not?'"

While there is no law or policy stating when and if the Alpha Company Marines will be reactivated, military leaders tell us the Marines Corps would typically wait at least one year before doing so.

Ellie