PDA

View Full Version : Getting pretty worried

Dan629
04-30-07, 07:53 PM
Hello,

Once again, my name is Dan and I have a question for those of you who might be able to tell me what is going on. I recently went to my nearest recruiting office and told them I wanted to be a Marine. They signed me up and had me sign a few documents and all that. Then I was taken to MEPS where I scored a 61 on my ASVAB and took my physical. Although I was not able to sign my contract that day like most others because I had a medical problem. Like an idiot I put down on my form that I had taken Aderal(medication for ADD) in the past. The thing is though, I do not have ADD, and was never diagnosed with it. I only took it because I was doing poorly in school, and my doctor thought it would help me out. Anyway, they told me I needed to get a doctors note, stating I did not have ADD before they could go any further with my enlistment. So I went to see my doctor. He ran a few test, and once again, determined I did not have ADD or ADHD. I had the note faxed right to my recruiter,who told me it was good and we would be all set. But now I am worried. He told me he would be taking me up to MEPS fri, sat or mon(today) for sure. However he never called me any of these days and still hasn't. I have been calling him every single day now trying to figure out what is going on and he will not answer my phone calls. This is not the first time I havn't been able to get a in touch with him for days at a time either. I do understand he is a busy guy, but it just seems strange how little effort he has put into returning my phone calls and/or keeping me motivated and updated on the situation. Should I be worried that something is wrong? All I want is to become a Marine and I want to leave for Boot Camp ASAP. Every single day I don't get up to MEPS to sign these papers and get a ship date, seems like such a waste. Most recruits tell me that their recruiters hound them 24/7. Mine won't even pick up the phone more than once a week for me. Please don't attack me for this, lol. I am just worried and paranoid of not being allowed into the Marines. It would break my heart. Thank You

yellowwing
04-30-07, 08:18 PM
Relax, it will happen. Meanwhile keep up your PT. Especially if you are looking for the first open training slot at Parris Island.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-30-07, 10:10 PM
Your recruiter has a ton of people he has to be in touch with. Something may have come up that required his attention. Simply put, you're already caught. He knows you're going to enlist so he may be spending time with some people that he is trying to get in. Just keep doing what you're doing and everything will work out.

davblay
04-30-07, 10:33 PM
When you said, "Like an idiot I put down on my form that I had taken Aderal(medication for ADD) in the past.", that wasn't being an idiot! It would have been if you had not told them! It would have come back to bite your azz! Just chill out, things will work out, trust your recruiter!

killerinstinct
05-01-07, 08:47 AM
its okay i have add but then again everyone from 1989 up has ADD except band members

jinelson
05-01-07, 09:10 AM
Relax and dont get unmotivated it will happen. You were not an idiot for being honorable you are simply practicing one of our core values. Now get off you sorry ass and PT it will help sooth your frustration and get you ready. Hang in there.

Jim

strawberryp0cky
05-07-07, 12:11 PM
Walk into the office instead of calling if it really bothers you.

maverickmarine
05-07-07, 01:07 PM
Your recruiter will get you squared and I agree freakin' walk through his hatch if you need to.

In the meantime....

Get on your nasty face and push until I get tired!!!!