PDA

View Full Version : Bumps

irizavrima
04-29-07, 11:38 PM
I need to know what kind of razor (2,3, or 4 blade) and cream I will be using in boot camp to shave so that I can get my skin used to it ahead of time. I have used an electric shaver my whole life because I get a lot of razor bumps all over my neck when I use a razor. Also I can't shave in the opposite direction of hair growth to get a really close shave without getting a lot of bumps. Am I going to have to shave really close?

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-30-07, 12:53 AM
Yes you have to have a close shave. The Marine Corps is used to people having problems with razor bumps though, and may be able to help you out with that.

I have no idea what razor they are issuing now. I would guess it is the Mach 3, but I don't know. Hopefully one of our newest Marines will see this post and let you know.

DevilDogHEMech
04-30-07, 02:41 AM
I went to boot camp in 2004, we were issued Mach 3 razors. Probably still the same. And don't worry about shaving cream, you won't have time usually.

irizavrima
04-30-07, 02:50 AM
Ouch...no shaving cream.

chrisnica
04-30-07, 05:53 AM
Yup. graduated last year and we're still using mach 3 razors. And yeah, most of the time you won't have time to use shaving cream, so get used to the idea of just water and even dry shaving.

:usmc:

Marine84
04-30-07, 08:11 AM
They issue razors now?

killerinstinct
04-30-07, 08:38 AM
wait till the CO inspection we had to hsave our nose hairs and it was because of boot camp to this day ill have a baby butt face after i shave.. I am not sure on if they did it in bootcamp but i kn ow in the feleet a got a no shaving chit because his face got bad one time. But not sure if they do it in bootcamp but not sure.