04-29-07, 07:12 PM
Kansas City mall shooting kills at least 2

By HEATHER HOLLINGSWORTH
Associated Press

TOOLS
Email Get section feed
Print Subscribe NOW
Comments Recommend
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A shooting at a shopping center this afternoon left three people dead, including the gunman, police said.

Two people were shot about 3:30 p.m. in the parking lot of the Ward Parkway Center, according to police. Then, the gunman went inside the mall and fired more shots, wounding at least two people, police spokesman Tony Sanders said.

The man was shot to death inside the mall, Sanders said. Police fired shots, but it was not immediately clear if he was killed by police.

Aaron Washington, 34, a Target employee, said he was coming back from lunch when he heard gunshots, and saw one man holding his eye.

``The man had apparently been shot,'' Washington said.

Authorities evacuated a movie theater in the shopping center and the facility was shut down. Surrounding streets also were closed.

Other information was not immediately available. The identity of the shooter and those who died was not released.

SkilletsUSMC
04-29-07, 08:12 PM
F*ck....

Kegler300
04-30-07, 06:35 AM
Wonder what the outcome would have been if just one private citizen with a conceal carry permit had put this skum out of his misery...aren't "gun free" zones wonderful?

marinegreen
04-30-07, 06:45 AM
Wonder what the outcome would have been if just one private citizen with a conceal carry permit had put this skum out of his misery...aren't "gun free" zones wonderful?

They would of went to jail for shooting the crazy bastard. I could just see the headlines now :
Good citizen goes berserk and shoots and kills man on killing spree.
Good citizen to serve prison time for discharging firearm in city limits !
Good citizen should have asked crazy bastard to drop his weapon and lay face down on ground so as he can call police.
Good citizen grilled in court by prosecution wanting to know why he got involved and shot a man who maybe was crazy, prosecution asks good citizen why did you take the law into your own hands, what gave you the right to protect the innocent. Aaawwww yes I could see them Headlines now .........................
:yes: MG

Sgt Leprechaun
04-30-07, 07:12 AM
Actually, I disagree. If the citizen was legally entitled to carry, he'd probably be hailed as a hero.

I know you are being sarcastic :)

Still, I agree. The only thing a 'gun free zone' does is disarm the law abiding.

JinxJr
04-30-07, 08:26 AM
A few weeks ago in Topeka, KS a thug who thought he was the only one in the Convenience Store pulled a gun on the clerk. In the back of the store was a retired police officer from Oklahoma who also spent time on SWAT Teams. From the back of the store he told the boy (17 yr old) to put his gun down. This Rhodes scholar turned, pointing the weapon at the man who promptly put a slug in him. The former officer had a concealed carry permit for Oklahoma which Kansas recognizes. The thug was hospitalized and the crazed, gun weilding citizen was thanked, patted on the back and left to go his merry way. Sometimes, common sense prevails.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-30-07, 08:38 AM
Amen.

I'd add one thing...the day you starting robbing conveinience stores with firearms, and point same at innocents, you stop being a "boy" and become "thugman", deserving of whatever happens to you.