04-29-07, 08:32 AM
Candidate accused of fudging Marine Corps record <br />
<br />
Web Posted: 04/28/2007 12:04 PM CDT <br />
<br />
Zeke MacCormack <br />
Express-News Staff Writer <br />
<br />
He touts his military service on the campaign trail, but...

OLE SARG
04-29-07, 10:24 AM
Another ******* poser. Expose his ass for the fraud he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

10thzodiac
04-29-07, 09:49 PM
I went to school with a character that had a silver spoon up his ass. No, he was never in the military, his dad was a rich successful divorce attorney who was a Republican mayor of a neighboring town. During Vietnam this kid went to college majoring in history and immediately became a policeman on daddy's police department. Of course he became chief. In our 40th class reunion book he wrote "I earned my college degree and worked my way up to Chief of Police." His wife wrote, the most memorable experience she had in life was at the National Republican Convention.

BTW, her Army PFC brother has a memorial park named after him, nothing out of the way heroic in Vietnam, just connected. RIP

Sgt Leprechaun
04-30-07, 07:25 AM
Now, I'll be the first one to slam posers and the like. However.....

If this guy was a plane captain, he was, in fact, responsible for at least one harrier.

Also, if he was busted to private, I'd be curious to see what his RE code is.

Let's not pile on too much here, Marines, until we get the entire story.

And, note that the people questioning his record AREN'T dis-interested parties...they are politicians.

OLE SARG
04-30-07, 08:52 AM
A Lance Corporal in charge of any part of a budget of $48 million!!!! Come on, there has to be more to this.... When one of these posers stutters when asked about his military service you can bet...

Sgt Leprechaun
04-30-07, 08:57 AM
Oddly enough, when I was with the wing in my first tour (VMFA-312) the plane captains were LCpls &amp; Cpls. They were 'in charge' of those planes. I know a couple of them who put on their resumes...

strikely
05-01-07, 09:46 AM
Please understand the people questioning his record are not politicians, we are all veterans...Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-07, 09:58 AM
Okay. Fair enough. And, mind you, I have no dog in this fight.

What, exactly, is being questioned? What has he claimed to have done, that he did not do?

Convince me, and I'll jump on the bandwagon, believe me. I hate posers. People claiming to have done things they didn't do deserve no sympathy or consideration.

But, the people doing the questioning aren't politicians? The article didn't mention that. Please enlighten...

Also, fill out a profile. One of the requirements to post here.

strikely
05-01-07, 02:58 PM
Th above article is fairly exact. His bio says he was responsible for a section of Harrier Jets with a budget of $48million. I've never heard of a junior enlisted person having anything to do with a budget. He may have attained LCpl but, I only know of a few ways to be reduced to Pvt. He was a metalsmith. It's misleading to say you served from 1988-1992 (makes it sound like 4 years). He served 891229-911011 (2yrs 10 mths).When asked to explain, he refuses.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-07, 03:12 PM
I stand corrected, then. I do try and give benefit of the doubt where I can, when I can. <br />
<br />
However, if he was in fact discharged as a Private, after 2 years 10 mo, then something is def. screwy. <br />

NCO1
05-02-07, 08:45 AM
I live in the area & this guy has been all over the news for a year. Agree w/redacted 214. I too can only think of a few ways to get out under 3 yrs as an E-1. Never met a Marine who won't tell you, on the spot, about his/her time in the Corps...no matter rank, where, when, etc.