PDA

View Full Version : 40 Years Motor T Aint Changed OORAH!!!

jinelson
04-28-07, 10:06 PM
Where does our Corps continue to get these brave men? It just amazes me but then again it doesent really since I have only been around for a blink of the eye in my Corps history. Convoy Up! Lets...

greensideout
04-28-07, 11:06 PM
Another thread asks, "Who will be the Heroes of the next generation"?
As this thread shows us, the Marine Corps continues on from generation to generation and war to war.
"Who will the the Hero be"? The First Sergeant is looking at him right in the eye, a 19 year old Cpl that leads Marines!

hrscowboy
04-29-07, 02:07 AM
Yelp GSO we Cpls and Sgts was always in charge of something and when the Sgts made Staff it was off to the Staff NCO Club sippin on the suds and tellin war stories...

yellowwing
04-29-07, 03:39 AM
Strict adherence to Duty Honor Commitment, that's how we can entrust young Corporals to such responsibilities. Every day that Corporal wakes up determined to do his job to perfection.

19 year old Marine Corporal or 28 year old Army Captain.

10thzodiac
04-29-07, 10:02 PM
Napoleon was a 19 year old corporal on the day the Bastille fell.

"A field marshal's baton in every corporals backpack"

drumcorpssnare
04-30-07, 03:22 PM
Nice little point of history there, 10thz ! Also, let's not forget that when "Chesty" wanted to put his fingers on the "pulse" of what was really going on....he spoke to Corporals and Pfc's, NOT Lt.'s or Majors!

The added bonus is this...These Marine NCO's will be good responsible leaders in the civilian sector when their time on active duty ends.:thumbup:
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

Ed Palmer
04-30-07, 03:32 PM
Hey I resemble that remark <br />
<br />
off drinking how did you know

10thzodiac
04-30-07, 04:50 PM
Corporals in my opinion are generally more Gung-ho as they are more prone yet believing in their invincibility compared to the older mature S/NCO's.

Personally I noticed more open reluctance in S/NCO ranks going into harms way than Corporals.

The keys words in my opinion are, generally and open. Of course not every Corporal or S/NCO fits my generalized opinion.